Friday, December 27, 2013

Weekend before Christmas....

Now the big day has come and gone....which is a whole lot of sadness for me. I get in the biggest post holiday slump. Really wanting to get my Christmas pics up but first here is a little bit about the weekend before.

We tried earlier in the month to go to Christmas Village in Ogden, however we had a major snowstorm that day so we opted to stay home instead. So the Friday before Christmas we decided to go. The plan was for everyone to meet at El Matador in Ogden at 5:45 and then I would meet them once I got off work. We would eat and then go see the lights. Things got a little off track thanks to a certain little Lincoln boy. My inlaws were watching him and he got himself into a little bit of trouble. Got a bottle of windex and went to town squirting it all over their office. Ruined their keyboard and everything. Happened right as his mom was getting ready to meet us for dinner, so instead Thiago headed over there and was trying to help figure all that out. I sat crying in the El Matador parking lot all by myself wondering why my little boy was so naughty. I still don't know what to make of it. Can't believe he did that. He is a handful that is for sure, but he usually isn't purposely destructive. Sometimes that little brain just gets too caught up in the moment and his curiosity gets the better of him. It put a major damper on our night. Cano's ended up not coming. Thiago and the boys didn't get there til much later with a very sad (grounded for an eternity)Lincoln boy. We tried our best to not think about it for the night and still enjoy the lights. Lincoln got all his games and Ipad taken away for the next week. It was rough. On both of us.

But it was the weekend before Christmas so I tried to smile and carry on.

Cutie lil' Phongsavath's came with us. Love their company.






It was cold, but not so cold that we were miserable. As long as we stayed bundled, we were good. And my cutie boys in their sock monkey hats and red, rosy cheeks. Sure are cute!

Next day through us all for a loop. The dreaded sickness. Everyone around us was getting sick. Knew it was just a matter of time. Carson was first, woke up Saturday morning with chills and a fever. Just a cold, but man I am telling you....its one nasty cold. I got it shortly after and had full on aches and chills for like 4 days straight. I was popping Ibuprofen left and right, normally I don't take much when I'm sick. Not really a pill person. But I refused to let it ruin our Christmas. So every 6 hours I would give the kids more and me more. It defintely helped. Took the edge off. Carson's lasted all that day. And then Drake got a total seperate stomach bug. Luckily it was short lived. Through up twice and then was just fine. Never even acted like it bothered him. We had my most favorite Christmas party planned for the night, and we had to skip it. I was pretty sad about it.

The kids were pretty sad too. This party has a Santa Clause that comes and brings all the kids a present. A good present too. They were so bummed to be missing it. But good Ol' St Nick came through for us. Right before bed that night we found three little gifts under the downstairs tree with a little note that said "Missed you at the party my young friends...Mr. C". Oh boy, that sure made their night. Thanks for thinking of them Santa!

I left my sickies with Thiago and Linc and I got to go watch Elle and Brev in their holiday dance recital. And then grabbed some dinner with family. So it wasn't a total loss. Had fun with Lincoln boy.

Next day was another bummer. Still sick kids. So instead of dressing us all up in our new Christmas best and going to church on Christmas Sunday, it was just me and Lincoln boy going. Oh well.

Did come home from church and get tons of my wrapping done though. Thiago kept the kids entertained upstairs while I settled down in front of the Christmas tree downstairs while watching "Christmas Story" and I went to town on my wrapping. Got a good chunk done.

Next day was our Christmas Cousin party. Kids healthy. Me and Thiago not so much. Thiago then got the stomach bug Drake had, and I got the nasty cold. My boys were doing good though. I was so worried about Lincoln. He was by far the most excited kid for Christmas, I was just praying he would stay healthy through it all. And he did. Got the cold the day after, but Christmas day was a success!

So even though I was just feeling so-so, we went ahead with our party. I'm a good faker. Wasn't going to let it ruin our fun. So I forced myself to stay cheery and merry even though I kinda felt like crap. Started with reindeer food.




Then made Christmas trees out of their little handprints, pipe cleaners, fuzz balls and stamps. Kids loved it!


Christmas Bingo!

We also bought dollar gifts for all the kids and then had a hot chocolate bar. It was a great little party. Considering it was the day before Christmas Eve...those kids were just buzzing with excitement. It was fun.

Got home that night and had a fun little surprise. A sweet little ward member dresses up as Santa and comes around to all the families with young kids. Rings the door bell, talks to all the kids and drops off a little present. My boys were freaking out!! Cutest thing ever. So grateful for people who carry the magic of the season with them and share that with the rest of us. Couldn't get over how thoughtful and special it was. One of the best parts about this Christmas for me, was that little visit. Hope that little Santa knows how much it meant to this mom.

So thats that...Christmas Eve up next!

No comments: