Friday, June 27, 2014

Fathers Day

Fathers Day. Always hits awfully close to Carson's birthday. I hate to say it, but we have a tendency to overlook it just a tad. I always try and make it special for him, but usually I am distracted by birthday party planning and poor Theo kinda gets the shaft.

I spent my Saturday at work, searching all my favorite recipe blogs for something yummy to make him for breakfast that morning. Narrowed it down to two recipes. First was this sausage/egg breakfast casserole. The second was a sweeter dish, a baked french toast recipe. I was kinda leaning towards the french toast but when I got home I showed Thiago both recipes and he wanted the casserole. So the casserole it was! And oh was it good!!! It called for chopped green chilis, which me and him love! Gave it the best lil kick. My kids don't appreciate them all too much so I left their half with no chilis. We all gobbled it up that morning.

Thiago had told me the night before that all he wanted for Fathers Day was a day off from church. Isn't he terrible. I was teaching that day, so I had to go and then they called and asked Thiago to step in with the young men. So he decided he needed to go as well. So no day off for him, thankfully. I can't handle all three boys by myself in sacrament. Anybody else feel like they just ran a marathon once church lets out. Quite exhausting keeping those boys of mine well behaved the whole three hours.

I'm pretty sure I am the most blessed mama and wife ever. These four! Love em so much.


Got home and told my honey to take a little rest. My poor guy. He is the hardest worker. Wakes up at 5, Mon-Fri to go hit the treadmill. Leaves for work by 6:30. Gets home about 4:30, changes and then heads to soccer 3 nights a week and doesn't get home til 8:00. His schedule exhausts me, and honestly sometimes we just flat out miss him. We get so lonely by the time the weekend comes around. Just so grateful for him though. He works so hard and does so well, all so that I can stay at home and raise our little boys. So grateful for that blessing.

He napped while I made a strawberry shortcake bar recipe to take up to my Grandpas, and the boys worked on a little card for him.


He woke up and I got the boys changed and then we gave him his little gift. Just filled a big bag full of his favorite little treats. Lindt chocolates, and Dove bars, and KitKats and bottled coke. And then we gave him a gift card for a new hat. He lost his favorite one awhile back and has been wanting a new one. I don't dare pick that out on my own though, he is particular when it comes to who he will wear on his head.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This man was born to play this role. One of my greatest comforts in this life is knowing that he is the father of my little boys. He's a mans man. He's big and strong and sturdy and a little tough. But nothing gets to him the way fatherhood does. I have seen him cry only a handful of times and it all has had to do with our kids. He wears his emotions on his sleeve when it comes to them. Loves deep, with all that he is. His eyes shine and come alive when he looks at them, when he speaks to them. How comforting to know that there is another human being who loves them the way I do. He feels every emotion. I couldn't do this journey with anyone but him. He has shown me what fatherhood is meant to be, what it is supposed to look like. He is and always will be the greatest man I have ever know. We are so blessed to have him.



My greatest hope for these little boys is that they follow in their fathers footsteps. That they look to him and his example throughout every phase of their life. There is no greater being to follow.

He's defintely worth celebrating. Our rock. That holds us all together. The strength and security behind our little family. Feel as if nothing can ever touch us as long as we have him. Which is incredibly naive, but he makes us feel that way. He's our Superman. And we love him so much.

Well this is a ridiculous picture. I look horrid. The wind was blowing, and I am making a stupid face. But its me and my dad....and Ash. So I went ahead and posted it. We headed up to Tremonton to have dinner at my Grandpa's.


Gave him this little car washing kit, which may sound weird. But if you know my dad and his crazy insane anal attitude towards his truck. I kid you not the man cleans it weekly, sometimes twice a week and spends a good 5-6 hours. Its insanity. Seriously.

This fathers day in terms of my dad, was one of the best yet. I know I have mentioned that our relationship hasn't always been perfect. Lots of room to grow and feelings that still need to be sorted out. But I tell ya, I am in the best place I have ever been with him. The effort he is making to get closer to us has seriously blown me away. Funny, how life works. And love. Certain people. No matter what. No matter what roads they travel down, that love never goes away. It gets stronger. You worry and you pray that someday they will figure out what this life is all about. You don't hate them for certain mistakes. You don't hold that over their heads. Even when others say, forget it, why still try. But your heart doesn't know what else to do. Cause you love them and you never give up on them. And then one day they wake up, and they realize what matters most is right in front of them. And you open your arms and heart all the more, cause it was always there and its what you've dreamed of. And you almost love them even more, cause you know all that they have gone through to get to that point. How much pain they have suffered and how hard they are trying to change. And it just makes it all that much sweeter and mean that much more. ANyways, love him so much. Grateful every day that he is my dad. No doubt in my mind heavenly father gave us each other for a reason.





Good day filled with family and lots of appreciation for these special men in our lives.

Sweet grandpa...first Fathers day with out grandma. All the firsts are the hardest. Pray every day that he is hanging in there.

Grateful for this day and for the oppurtunity we have to honor the men in our lives. The fathers, the uncles, the grandpas, the great grandpas. It is a heavy load they carry on their big broad shoulders. So many little lives are so dependent on them. Yet they carry it with such strength and dignity. They light up our lives. Bring a twinkle to our eye. They love and they love big. They sustain us. They carry us through. Fatherhood. Can't help but think of these earthly fathers and the way they must resemble our heavenly father. What a calling. What a privledge. How lucky we are to be loved by them.

No comments: