Monday, February 18, 2013

My turn

Well yuck...the dreaded day. My birthday. Thirty. Thirty, thirty, thirty....I hate the sound of it. I really think the big problem is making the transition from one decade to the next, that is what sucks. No longer in my twenties...now its thirties. Sounds old. However, I do feel happy when I take a look at our little life. I am exactly where I would have hoped to be at thirty years old. I am proud of where we are at and the life we have created for us and our boys. So I will try to focus on that and not so much the yucky number. Its no fun getting older.


If I had to turn 30, it actually was a pretty good birthday. I have got the best family and friends, and I felt so loved. My mom planned a big dinner for me and Jen on the Sunday before our birthday. Once again our Utah snow ruined it. Poor Jen and that stupid canyon, can't tell you how many events she has missed because of the snow. Sardine Canyon is treacherous when it snows....dang Cache Valley. So it was just me being sung to at my moms, poor Jen missed it. My dinner was delicious and we requested pie for our dessert. I like pie waaaay better than cake. Cherry pie is my favorite!

Here I am on my big day...how do I look as a thirty year old? Do I look old? Probably.

It was a Monday, which is actually one of my favorite days of the week. I know most people don't love Mondays, but I do. I love that feeling of getting your week planned out and back on track. Things always seem to come together nicely on Mondays. It was just a typical school/errand day for us. I tried not to give myself any weird jobs or random projects that day, just did what had to be done and kept most of the day open. Dropped off these cutie pies at preschool.

After a quick trip to the grocery store, I came home with a sleeping Drake. Instead of laying him in his crib like I usually do, I decided to sit in the rocker in his room and just hold him. It was therapeutic. Like I say, I had been having a hard time with both our birthdays. It was good for me to just sit there and hold my baby. My sweet baby. He is still a baby. Don't you tell me otherwise.

Carson was on early out schedule that week at the elementary school, so I picked him up at 1:30 and then headed back shortly after for his parent teacher confrence. It went well. School is something he has to work at, it doesn't come as natural for him as it does for others. However, he is making huge progress. Getting right up where he needs to be. Just takes alot of diligence and patience on both our parts, but he'll be fine. As far as charachter and behavior she says he is a shining star. Which is absolute truth. Don't come more golden hearted than my boy.

Rewarded his success with a trip to the book fair.....

When I was his age there was nothing more thrilling to me than then book fairs, book orders and the book mobile...remember those. I was such a nerd.

They were pretty cheap, so I let him pick two. One that was his level and would be good pratice and one that he was just interested in. Legends of Chima. They are new and my boy is obsessed.

Home in time for Lincoln to get back from preschool. We quick and had a snack and finished up their homework and then just waited around til 6:30.

Time to head out and meet family for dinner at Tepanyaki.

Twinners!!









Everyone in our families were able to make which made it that much better. Thiago asked if I wanted to have everyone over after for cake and icecream. I said no. Had just had Drake's party the day before and while they are so much fun, they are alot to clean up after. Didn't really feel like doing that on my birthday, so we just called it a night after dinner. It was perfect.

And now I am 30. It's sinking in a little bit now and doesn't feel as terrible as I first thought it was. Just a number, right? Yeah, just a number.

1 comment:

The Carnahan's said...

Happy Birthday Teri! It happened to me as well just recently. Not fun is it? I agree I think it is because it's a whole new decade of living. And maybe because I can remember my parents in their thirties and now it's us. SO crazy! Looks like you had a great birthday!