This past weekend should have been alot of fun, and it was...just incredibly sad as well. The shocking news of the Newtown tragedy has shook us all. I think any parent/grandparent/aunt or really anyone that loves a child took this news terribly hard. I found out on my lunch hour at work. My boy was in school, 1st grade. My babies were with my mother in law. I stood there, staring in horror at what they were saying. I think everyone with a child, sat there and imagined what that must have felt like. To send your sweet little one off to school, only to have them never return. Every parents worst nightmare. Such a tragic, cruel, senseless act. How can someone carry such evil, such hatred. It broke my heart. Those children, those brave teachers, those families that have just been ripped apart. What can we say or do to ease that pain. Nothing really. Except reach for hope, love, and peace. Never let the evil take place of the good. I still believe there is so much more good out there than evil, we have to believe that. But its hard in times like this. Its hard to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward with our lives, knowing so many lives have just been destroyed. I feel guilt, I feel relief that it wasn't me...which in turn makes me feel guilty again. Its been a sad couple of days, for all of us I am sure. Praying the people of Newtown, Conneticut feel the love of a nation behind them. They are not alone in their sadness, and their sweet little ones will never be forgotten. I think everytime we drop our sweet little ones off at school, we watch them run across the playground, calling out and laughing with friends....everytime we do this, we will think of those 20 little souls that are gone too soon. We will keep a prayer in our heart, that our child will be safe and we will feel that deep pain for the ones that weren't. Praying during this Christmas season, their families will feel the peace that only our Savior can bring. Hope they all know that their child is safe now, in the arms of our loving heavenly father where this cruel world can no longer touch them. Tears for Newtown.
I couldn't get enough of my babies this weekend. The sound of them, the smell of them, there little hands in mine...my whole little world. How fragile it seems, how much can change in the blink of an eye. We went forward with our plans. Christmas Village in Ogden. It was cold, it was crowded, and my kids weren't particurely on their best behavior. I didn't care though. They were safe, thats what mattered.
So even though the kids were some what whiney, not really listening, having to be told multiple times to stay by us...it was still a good night. I have a dear friend that said it well....Even the bad days are good days, I'd take a million more less than perfect nights before facing one day without them. Blessed, and that's for sure.
Sunday, was my most anticipated day. Sunday dinner at my moms house. Christmas is so close, the anticipation with the kids is so intoxicating....its addicting. And my mom, oh that lady knows how to set the mood....
I just love her so much.
With my mom its all about the little things...every little detail is perfected. Her place settings, the gifts she had layed out on our plates, the smells, the music in the background, her 5 Christmas trees all lit up, one of them being a tree dedicated to her grandkids....their little pictures in each ornament. Its simply magical at her house.
Plus she is a dang good cook.
We did things a little different this year. Usually we all have Christmas dinner together and do presents that day. However, extended family comes. We all are coming and going at different times and it feels so hectic. So we decided to do my moms gifts that night. All of the grandkids draw names so we did that as well.
It was just a magical night, down to the last cup of wassail. We got some great gifts, which I will talk about in another post...love my mom.
Gotta run friends...another Christmas party today that I need to hurry up and get ready for.
Lots of love to you all....
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
1 comment:
How fun to do your celebration with your mom early and really get to take it all in. That's what it's all about isn't it?
I bet the kids had such a fun night. Your mom is so cute and she sure does seem to throw such a nice dinner and party!
I'm glad you are trying to still find the good during this sad sad time. I think it's taught all of us lessons already. I loved your comment on my blog and I feel the same way about you and your cute family ter! I just love you all and I know we've never met in real life but I just know that one day we will!! Hugs to you my friend.
Post a Comment