I can't even stand how much I love this month. Its crazy, and busy, and hectic, and expensive and completely exhausting. But its also warm, and cozy, and magical and full of love and family and rich in tradition. I am just willing these days to slow down, how can we be barely over 2 weeks out for Christmas. It seriously breaks my heart, Thiago and I keep reminding each other to soak it up. Enjoy every gosh dang minute of this special time of year with our little family. These years while our boys are young and the magic is still there are short and will be gone before we know it. And we will never get them back. Trying so hard to live in the here and now with them and weave my love and passion and traditions for the holidays into their little hearts. Praying they feel the warmth as well. We've been busy...jam packing it all in.
Decorated the tree right before Thanksgiving.
Always a fun little event. Me and Thiago busy ourselves with getting the branches all spread out, the ribbon wrapped around and the bead garland weaved through. This takes quite awhile as I tend to be somewhat picky on these types of things. The boys are just fine entertaining themselves as we do this.
They spend their time preparing the ornaments. I have collected a Hallmark ornament every year since I was little. Each year my mom bought us a new one. Now every Christmas my mom gives each grandchild one. That adds up to a whole lot of Hallmark ornaments...and boy do my kids love going through them. They carefully pull each one out of the box and ask me whose it is, what year we got and so forth. They play little games and make up stories. It is ridiculously cute and reminds me so much of me and my sisters at that age. We did the same thing as my mom decorated our tree.
Lincoln and Drake are 100% not helpful in the decorating process. Drake pulls ornaments off as fast as we can hang them up. And Lincoln just hangs them all on the same branch. Carson though, he's a different story. He is actually a great help to me. Right there next to me, handing me what I need. He has a great eye for things like this, knows right where to place them. Such a detail oriented little kid.
Just a few of my favorites....Linc's from last year.
Drake's last year..his first Christmas.
Carson's when he was 2.
Mine from many years ago.
And mine again...slowly my tree is being overtaken by superhero's and trucks and all things little boy. My dolls and angels are starting to be outnumbered. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Finished product! I'm thinking I might update a few things on it next year, getting a little outdated and I am wanting something new. We'll see...
Looks pretty dang good with these three sweet faces sitting in front of it though.
All the rest of the decor is up as well, has been for a few weeks (post coming). Carson loves decorating day so much, he loves to pull out my tiny little village and act it out. He sits for hours pretending.
Drake loves my little people nativity.
Yeah, he was having a good time.
December 1st brought the start of the advent. Always buy the boys these nasty little chocolate calendars. The chocolate is super gross but they sure love it.
Buddy flew into town as well. Welcome back little guy!
He joined us on the first as well. He brought with him a plate full of treats and red balloons as well as a little note. Boys sure were excited to see him.
Compared to some of my super clever instagram friends our elf is rather boring. You should see some of the places these other elves end up each night. Ours doesn't do much, just jumps from spot to spot. One night, he got a little creative and took it upon himself to decorate a mini Christmas tree. Gathered some tiny bulbs and he went for it.
Another night he got a little group of friends together for some Christmas storytime. Boys loved that one.
We have also been busy squeezing in all of our Christmas shows. I own quite a few of the Christmas classics but I also hung up this listing of ABC family's holiday program guide. 25 days of Christmas, different movies on every night. We have been loving it.
We have also been carrying on our tradition of a Christmas book each night in front of the fireplace. Just got about 10 new books this year as well, so that has been alot of fun.
Gathered the boys up after baths one night this past week. Bundled them up good with slippers and blankets and headed out to the car to drive around and see lights. We always try to do this a few times throughout the month.
Stopped for a hot chocolate..
and peppermint icecream. Cause duh, December calls for peppermint icecream. Yummy!
So yes, we are off to a fabulous start and the fun just continues...we have so much to look forward to in the next couple of weeks. Hope you guys are all enjoying it. I'll be back Monday for 10 on 10!
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment