I usually don't do much for St Patricks Day. Growing up, my mom never did much so every year when it rolls around it usually just doesn't occur to me to make it fun. I just throw something green on and call it good. However, I kept seeing so many cute and simple ideas of things you could do to make it a bit funner for kids. So at the last minute I decided to incorporate a few. Seriously so easy, took me like 30 minutes of prep work the night before and cost maybe $10.00. And they seriously loved it. I just love little events that make an ordinary day stand out. I love to see their little smiles and excitement over something so simple. I think we'll make this a new tradition.
Thiago left with the boys to church that morning, and I pretended to be running a bit behind and told them I would just meet them there. Hurried and taped up some shamrock clues around the house. Started on the back door in our garage so they would see it right when they got home.
There were about 15 clues total. Led them from one room to the next.
oh my...their dad is such an idiot. He was being so dang funny. A big kid himself, kept trying to shove the kids out of the way, running to the next clue like a big idiot. We were laughing so hard. I know this picture is blurry, but just had to show you his stupid face running around like a pshyco. I seriously have 4 kids you guys. Me and 4 children.
Finally led them to this little basket where their treasures were. Nothing major, just some rainbow licorice with Rolo's (gold) in the bottom.
Don't ya just love their cutie little expressions, they seriously loved it. So simple, but so fun!!
Drake enjoyed all of it, he is a candy lover like myself. Linc liked the licorice. And my weirdo Carson didn't eat any of it. He is the funniest kid when it comes to candy, just doesn't care for it. Takes after his dad obviously, cause his mama loves candy!! Instead he turned his into an actual rainbow with the gold at the bottom and spent the rest of the afternoon glueing it all together. He cracks me up.
A goofy picture of us 4 in our green, tried to talk Thiago into wearing green. He told me no. I said fine, you don't get to be in the picture. He said, great...even better! Jerk.
Headed to my moms for a yummy Sunday dinner and as always my pics came to an end. I start out doing well and then just wimp out by the end of the day. Anyways, thats it for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment