Nothing sweeter than my little lovebugs. We did most of our celebrating in advance this year. Thiago was headed out of town over Valentines weekend. And Lincoln boy went with him. He had a soccer tournament in sunny St. George for the team he coaches and we thought it would be fun for Lincoln to get some special one on one time with his dad. Chance to spoil him a bit. We really are going through such a struggle with him right now. My poor boy. I love him so dang much but he just isn't an easy child. I feel like I am constanly reprimanding him, reminding him to be good, to do this, to do that. He seriously spends about half of his life in time out. Which worries the heck out of me. I already worry so much about him, I so don't want him having that "middle child syndrom". I try so hard to make sure he knows how valued and special and loved he is. I notice he acts out the most when he is bored or feels like he is being left out. He starts to antagonize people and pester and bug. Which in turn makes other kids put up a wall around them and not let him in. Breaks my heart. I know he is the one being annoying but it is just cause he feels left out. I have such a hard time discplining him, because I understand why he is acting the way he is but at the same time he has to know that behavior is innappropriate. Oh, its a constant worry for me. Always on my mind. Anywho, to get on with this blog post we really thought he could use some time away with just his dad, and the chance to be spoiled. It was everything we hoped it would be. He just soaked it all up, Thiago said he was an absolutel angel while they were away and loved every minute of it. Oh my sweet boy.
Prior to the big day, we got the boys' valentines ready for their classmates and their little cousins. I am not the kind of mom that does homemade valentines. Nope, never will be. We buy the boxed sets at the grocery store and that suits us just fine.
So back to a couple days before, we planned our little cousin party for the kids. I am always in charge of the game, which is fine but this year it all just kinda snuck up on me. So I had to throw this little BINGO game together at the last minute. Which is just fine, cause those kids LOVE Bingo. Always a hit. With all ages too. Winner!
Started off with a little craft. Ash had made heart shaped rice krispies and brought cute little boxes and valentine paper to make a little gift out of them. THe idea was for them to give it to someone they love. They all just ate their own instead. Haha. Should have known.
They did have fun making little valentines though.
Then Bingo. Like 8 rounds. Told ya they love it. It's the game that just keeps on giving....
We also played a little Valentine version of hot potato, as well as a Valentine's exchange between the kids. Then we ate pizza and cookies and strawberry milk. However I quit taking pictures, so you will just have to take my word on that.
Next day was Lincoln's class party...I just thought he looked cute in his red and white. He was so excited once he got home with his little bag of treasures. Him and Carson dug right in. He is always so sweet to share with Carson, always looking for that older brother's approval. Cute boy.
That was the night Thiago and Lincoln left for St. George. They ate dinner with us and I bathed Lincoln and got him all snuggled up in pj's and slippers and they hit the road. Lincoln talked Thiago into stopping for a kids meal (even though he just claimed he wasn't hungry when I presented him with our dinner, stinker, and his dad's a sucker)anywho, Lincoln ate the kids meal and was asleep within 30 minutes. Not great traveling company. Haha!
I got their little gifts ready the night they left, that way Thiago could take Lincoln's with and give it to him on Valentines. Only I was majorly distracted that night cause my cell phone quit working. It was ridiculous the amount of stress this was causing me. I was so afraid of him being gone and me not having a phone. So he and I kept messing with it, trying to get it working again. I was throwing things into a bag for Lincoln, I had no idea what I was packing cause I was so preoccupied with the dang phone...anywho, to make a long story short I accidently sent Carson's present with Thiago, and kept Lincoln's present at home. Whoops. Big mommy mistake!! I was so mad at myself...however we did get the phone working, so that was good.
Next morning, I made a little breakfast for my other two loves.
Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, sausage and orange juice. Carson gobbled it up and loved every bite of it. Drake barely touched it, which is really unusual for him. He is usually my best eater. Should have been my first clue right there.
About a half hour after we dropped off Carson, Drake started acting really funny. Super whiney and just kept laying on my shoulder. Then all they sudden the puking began. Poor babe. The stomache flu. All day long. Puked about 4 times that first hour, then he fell asleep for awhile, woke up, puked again, then the diarhea started. Sweet little babe. Breaks my heart. Luckily it only lasted a short 24 hours, and the puking was really only the first little bit, after that it was just diarhea and feeling kinda sleepy/achy. Unfortunately, it was the start of that sickness for all of us...soon enough it spread to every single one of us. Bummer.
Here he is after he woke up, look at that sweet smile. And yep, nothing but his diaper and blankey. Seemed easier.
Poor miserable babe.
I pulled myself away from his snuggliness so I could go and get ready for the day. I got to help in Carson's class party....which is my most favorite thing to do.
Gathered the supplies I was bringing, dropped off Drake with my sister and got to spend the next hour with a bunch of cute first graders.
Pretty quiet for the rest of the night, and once again my pictures came to a stop. We got Zupa's take out for me and Carson and enjoyed a nice little quiet dinner, just the two of us.
And that was our love day.
Thiago and Lincoln got home that following Sunday. Full of fun and happy memories. So glad my boy got the chance to go with his dad. Shortly after he caught the flu bug as well as Carson and Thiago. I had it mildly but not too bad. Oh well.
Be back soon friends. Hopefully.
2 comments:
You're Great, I love to watch you.
Post a Comment