Nothing like a new baby. Especially when the new baby belongs to your sister, who lives down the street from you. That you see every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. So you get to love and snuggle and kiss and smell that sweet baby and then hand them back to their mom come night time. Best of both worlds.
I had been waiting for the month of May to get here for several reasons. Mostly for the birth of baby Boston. This cute sister of mine had been waiting for the right time to welcome a third baby into her family, her youngest is 4 1/2 so she was completely ready to hold a newborn again.
I had planned my whole week around this. Her C-section was scheduled for a Tuesday night at 6:30. So the minute Thiago got home from work I was outa there. I met my mama at the hospital, visited with Ash for a bit as they waited for 6:30. Isn't she beautiful...love this little sister of mine. I feel my claws come out when it comes to her, my protective side...do big sisters ever lose that feeling of watching out for their little sisters. Cause I haven't...I love her a crazy amount. Don't mess with her people, or you mess with me.
They came and wheeled her own out of there, her and Souli left to go welcome their new little one. Me and my mom stayed in her recovery room, taking pictures and messing around on Instagram. And snacking. Thats what we do best.
A half hour later, I met my new little love. Boston Mem Phongsavath. 7 pounds 4 ounces. Dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair, a little sparse on top but thick in the back. Sweetest little one you ever did meet. Calmness and sweetness just oozes out of him. It was love at first sight.
Is there anything more perfect than watching a new mama meet her baby. Seriously, you guys...I couldn't stop my tears. No stronger love than that. A mother and her child. Felt honored to witness it.
He's ever bit as perfect as he looks. And oh that smell. That newborn smell. And those cheeks, those silky soft perfect little cheeks. My heart is beating faster just looking at these pictures. He is perfection.
Hung around that whole night with my mom, Ash, Souli and our baby. My mom, Souli and I got some Chinese food, held back poor Ash's hair while she puked (poor thing), took turns holding the baby. It was a good night. Left to go home around 10:00, right before I walked out the door I snapped this pic of the little one and his mama. I die over this picture. His hands. His cheeks. Sweet baby.
I had arranged way in advance for my mother in law to watch my kids that next day. ALL day! It was fabulous. I woke up, got ready, dropped Carson off at school, my babies off at my mother in laws and headed up to the hospital. She gets lonely and super sad those first couple of days, so she begged me and my mom to spend that first day with her. Didn't have to beg to hard. I gladly accepted.
Got up to her room, and gave my little sunshine a good morning kiss.
Uncle Theo stopped by midafternoon to meet his new little nephew. He is a sucker for the Phongsavath kids. They are just wrapped around his little finger. He loves them like crazy.
He also brought a whole box of Kneaders treats with him. So good...but so bad. Me and my mom ate one too many of those that day. Inside a little hospital room all day, they were just calling out to us.
Pretty soon, big brother and big sister stopped by to meet their little one.
Its safe to say they were smitten with him. I don't think a baby has ever been more loved by older siblings. These two are seriously in his face ALL the time. Extremely "helpful". Haha.
Pretty cute, isn't he!
Ash got up to take a shower and stuff and this girl parked it right there on the bed and snuggled that baby for a good half hour. Glued to his side. Pretty dang sweet, that little Elle Belle is.
Came home a couple days later, and Papa Jeff stopped by as well as my kids. First time meeting the new little cousin they had been hearing about. Carson had been so upset that he wasn't allowed at the hospital. He was dying to meet baby Boston!
Poor baby, he was surrounded by children....Elle singing "A Whole New World" as loud as she could on repeat, all these little hands in his face, mauling him to death. Poor, poor baby.
Welcome to the family sweet boy!! Oh how we already love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment