Friday, May 31, 2013

Mothers Day


What a lovely day. My most favorite. Out of all the roles I play in this life, being a mother is the one I cherish the most. My most sacred calling. The greatest thing I have ever done, and the three greatest blessings I've ever received. Its a love like no other, so deep it hurts your heart. Will forever be grateful for the three little voices that call me mom. And will forever be grateful for the mother that showed me how to be a mom. I learned from the best, every little thing I do in my home and for my children was taught to me through her example. So grateful for such a beautiful day and the chance to reflect on that.


Started out hectic and crazy, like all Sunday mornings in the Cano house do. 9:00 church is killer to be on time for. Especially for a consistenly late person, such as myself. This sweet face was one of the the first to greet me that day though, instantly puts me in a happy mood. Love this baby of mine.


Mandatory front porch picture shot. I demand it. Thought it turned out cute, until I noticed Carson's expression. We are in a completely shaded porch, but if he is anywhere near the sun, this is the smile I get. Kid has the most sensitive eyes. Jenny...takes after his squinty aunt.


Tried one more inside. Lighting wasn't nearly as good, but at least he is smiling.
And yeah, I had them all wear orange. Wonder when I will grow out of color coordinating. Hehe.




Came home from church and took my time getting our BBQ set up. It has become tradition to host Mothers Day dinner at my house. My mother in law was in Brazil this year, but my father and sister in law still came over. As well as my mama, and my sisters and their families. And my favorite cousin and her family.


Got my salad all ready to go. We all just bring a side/dessert and our own meat to grill. Keep things fresh and easy. No mom wants to spend her mothers day in the kitchen all day long.


Then we were ready to go, just waiting on our guests. Which means I had time to kill. Which means....pictures! There is no shortage of pictures of me with my kids. You all now I take alot, but I love to look back on the different stages of their lives and see how I looked with them. The way I mothered, my expression, their expression, the way my arms were around them, they way they slide up next to me, their little hands on my face and my arm...never won't to forget what that looks like. Maybe if I remember what it looks like, I will remember what it felt like. Cause I know as they grow, I'm going to miss that.


















Every single one of these pictures just makes me smile. These little boys. Oh how I love them. Feel as if I belong to this exclusive little club, a club where I am a mama to all boys. Its unique, its special, and I cherish it. I am the the queen of 4 lives. That I know for sure. And they treat me that way, learned it from their dad. We know we want one more baby, praying we are given the chance to welcome one more little life into our home. And why every mom would love a little daughter, this mama is secretly praying for one more little boy. Feels right to me. Me and these little men. We shall see. All I know is I feel so blessed to be raising them.






My mama. My friend, my cheerleader, my mentor, my coach, my counselor, my teacher, my shoulder to cry on, my rock. Where would I be without her. I have shaped my whole life after her. She is who I am trying to become. I feel as if my kids know her better, because they know me. Its as if a part of her is raising them, because I am doing it the way she taught me. Could not love anyone in this life more. She has given me everything. I am eternally grateful for her. Love her.




And of course my collection of homemade cards and gifts. Coming from school, preschool, nursery and primary...grateful for the teachers that helped my little ones make these. Cherish them. Never have I received greater gifts than homemade flowers and bookmarks.













It was just a perfect day. Probably the one day a year that means the most to me. The one blessing in this life I carry the closest to my heart. What my heart beats for really.

Carson made me a bookmark, and the card it came with said this "Moms are like bookmarks, they always give us a place to come back to, and help keep us from getting lost along the way".

Made me cry. Hope thats what I am to them. Thats what my mama has always been to me. A beacon of light and hope, in a dark, scary world. A safe place. Full of love, acceptance and warmth.

It was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Stop it, I know I don't comment much anymore but this just has me completley in tears. Loved every precious word...

Genn said...

What a darling post Teri!!! Almost in tears over here. You are such a loving mama. Love that about you. Those little boys are so lucky to have you ter. I'm glad it was a great day!! You deserve it. :)