Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fathers Day

Got to keep this one short and sweet...lots of posts to get out. Trying so hard to keep up...

The greatest gift I could have given Thiago on Fathers Day was the chance to sleep in. So I left him and three sleeping boys on Sunday morning and headed to 9:00 church by myself. I have a class to teach so I had to be there. Although Thiago had agreed to give the closing prayer in sacrament. So I went to classes, then he came home and we switched and he went to sacrament. Boys stayed in their pj's.

While Thiago was at sacrament, I had the boys finish up their Fathers Day cards...


We had celebrated Carson's birthday the night before (post to come) and that had pretty much monopolized my weekend. Poor Fathers Day kinda got left in the dust. Luckily Thiago is easy to please. We kept things sweet and simple for our grandpas. Whipped up these candy bar posters the night before. Came up with the saying in like 5 minutes time...so it was kinda lame. Oh well.

And then we had the whole afternoon to just lounge around...

Carson got about 8 sets of Legos the night before, so he and Thiago put almost every single one together that day. My kitchen was taken over by Legos.



Present time...a bag of Doves (his favorite) and bottled coke. He loves to go sit out on our patio after the kids have gone to sleep with a little bottle of coke. Silly boy.





Pictures with his boys....such handsome little men. I know I am trying to be short and sweet and all but I gotta say I sure do love this guy. He excels in alot of areas and I am so proud of him for all that he is, but that one thing that stands out the most to me is the kind of dad he is. He sets the bar high. I kinda feel like I missed out on that a little bit growing up, divorced parents and all and a dad that worked alot. I never saw how beautiful this relationship could be until I watched the man I love become a father. He amazes me everyday at his ability to love and to always, always put us first. He truly never thinks of himself, it is always us. Love him so much, and am so grateful my boys have that kind of father. Lucky little kids.

Headed up to my Grandparents to say hi to my dad. Love him too. I know he did the best he could do, under the circumstances. I am grateful for his role in my life and that he allowed my mom to raise me the way that she did. He backed her up endlessly and always tried to make things as easy and smooth as he could. I know he loves me in the best way he knows how.

Giving Papa Jeff their candy bar poster. Which got a little melty. Whoops..I suck this year.

Papa and his kids. Minus Boston, Luke and Drake. Oh well...get what you get.







It was a great day. I love my Grandparents. Always feels like coming home. A memory that never changes. A home that has always been there and faces that have always loved me. Love my family. Feel blessed to be a part of it.

And a quick stop at my Father In Laws...lighting sucked and my pictures came to a stop.



All in all it was a great day, well if you don't count my washer breaking down, other than that it was perfect. Celebrating these irreplacable fathers!

No comments: