Day 2 was our first day at California Adventure. This wasn't around when I was little so this was my first time being there. Got the kids up bright and early each day so we could get down there and be ready right when the gates opened. Funny how much faster your kids jump out of bed for a day of fun as compared to a day of school. They were usually awake before they even had to be. I would get them showered and dressed and then while I finished up, they would run back and forth between our room and my inlaws and Ash and Souli's. Just jabbering the whole time.
Thiago accidently put our ticket things in his pocket and then I washed his shorts from the day before and the tickets didn't hold up so well. He had to go redo them this morning, while he did that we had some time to kill. Carson was messing around with my camera and took these lovely shots!
Thiago and Souli went to go stand in line for our fast passes for Radiator Races. While they did that we wandered around to see what we could find. Started with the Monsters Inc ride and Monsters University.
We knew we wanted to see the "Crush" show, ya know the talking turtle on Nemo. We had heard that was pretty cute. So we headed over there but still had about 45 minutes til that show started. So we wandered through the Beast's castle. They had the funnest little thing where you sit down at a touch screen computer and answer all these personality questions. Then at the end it matches you with a Disney princess. Ashley got Elle, my mom got Tangled, my sister in law Rosemary got Lilo. Guess who I was....the mom off Incredibles. Um, lame. I mean she's nice and all but not really all that princess like. But I guess it fits. Thiago got Nemo...hahaha! Not much better!

The "Crush" show was hilarious. Me and Thiago and Linc and Drake saw that, while Souli took Brev and Carson to a Disney drawing animation class. Taught them how to draw Mickey Mouse. Carson LOVED it!! He is my art loving kid!! We then ran into Jake from the Neverland Pirates. Then me and Thiago and Rosemary took Carson over to the Tower of Terror. Oh man!! I loved that ride. I had no idea what it was about. I kinda thought you would wander from room to room with some scary props and all. Oh no! All that dropping. And the doors opening at the top and looking out over everything. Ha! My heart beats faster just thinking about it. I sat by my Carsey boy. His screams were hilarious. Love that kid. Nothing scares him, loved riding rides with him.
Then we went over to Bugs Land.
Nice, quiet little area where we got ride on every ride. Tuesday was a great day. Hardly no lines. Even the big rides we only waited about 15 minutes at the most.
Finally, made it to Cars Land. Oh my cuteness! I loved it there. Funny I thought my boys would love it and they liked it but didn't go as crazy as I kinda thought they would. Then again they have never been that into "Cars". They are more superhero kinda kids. So I guess maybe that's why.
We got the kids some lunch and then it was time for our fast pass. And of course as luck would have it, we got separated from the Cano's right as we were needing to get in line. Drake obviously was too small for that ride, plus he was ornery and tired so I had to stay back with him. Usually my mother in law stayed with him on the bigger rides but since we couldn't find her, I stayed back with my mom and baby Boston while Thiago and Souli and Ash took the bigger kids. Bummer. I heard it was a blast. Oh well.
After Cars Land we headed over to Paradise Pier....hands down my favorite part of California Adventure. I loved it over there. Loved the colors and the atmosphere and the music and all the activity. It was just fun.
We did the big Roller Coaster with Carson. Who still claims that to be his favorite ride ever. That was one intense roller coaster. I actually don't like Roller Coasters that much. In my mind I can't enjoy them cause all I think about is the cart flying off the coaster. Especially with my 8 year old on it. I spend the entire time gripping poor Carson's wrist. Like I could even keep him from flying off, just makes me feel better holding on to him. I was glad it was over, and all he wanted to do was go again. Thiago took him. No more for me. We also went on Toy Story Mania which was a blast, all the kids loved that. And Mickey's Ferris Wheel and the swings.


Then stopped for a treat at the Ghiradelli shop. Wandered around for a bit, hit some of our favorite rides again including "Soarin over California". Oh my goodness, that one was amazing. I was smiling like the biggest idiot throughout that ride. It was just cool. My boys loved it too. Then it was time for the "World of Color". Call me a nerd but probably my very favorite out of everything we did. They put on a water show off Paradise Pier to all of the Disney classics. Screen shots and music and lights and color and fire. It was AMAZING!! Amazing! Again I started to cry. Just all the characters and all those memories that you grow up loving, and then passing it on to my kids. To think they know and love the same movies. And then seeing it all come to life like that. It was the perfect end to seriously a perfect day. I tell ya Disneyland and California Adventure know how to do it right. Every little item is just perfect, from the rides, to the shows, to the cleanliness, to the food, to the souveniers, to the detail...it just amazed me. Worth every penny you spend. Such a great day.

Tired little boys each night. Long days. They just crashed when we got back to the hotel.
Next morning was Wednesday. Started off with the boys playing with the first Souveniers we bought them. Told them they could each pick out 2. Just not the first day, wanted them to see it all first and then decide what they wanted. Well hello, once they saw that Lego store in Downtown Disney. Well, decision was made. My Lego loving boys. So we came all the way to Disneyland to drop almost $200 in the Lego store. Way to be original boys. Oh well. They were happy. At least Drake's was Disney related.
We split our Disney hopper up that day, 2 days in the park, then a free day, then back to the park on Thursday and Friday. Started out our free day with a big ol' breakfast.
If I can pick any meal to eat out, its always breakfast. I love it. This place was delicious. Best omelette ever!
We then drove down to Huntington Beach. This was the coldest day we were there. Only hit 77 with a breeze the entire time. We originally wanted to swim and bring our suits and all but when we saw it was going to be chilly. We thought well we will just wander the shops, stick our feet in the water and then get dinner at the fresh Seafood restaurant right there on the water.
That was the plan anyways....
Things did not go according to plan...












Yes, you are seeing this correctly. My freshly bathed little boys, in brand new clean white shirts, are running through the ocean, drenched, covered in sand. Gulp! I had to remind myself to just breathe. This was clearly not my idea. Now don't get me wrong, I think I'm a dang good mom. I pride myself in it. Its my passion, I pour my whole heart and soul into these little boys. And for the most part I think I do a really good job. I have some great qualities...spontaneity is not one of them. I like things how I like them. I like plans and outlines. I like cleanliness and order. I about died when everyone started telling the kids to just go for it. My mom, Ashley, my inlaws, my own husband...I was completely outvoted. I can tell ya one thing, I stood there with my arms crossed and a grump face for about a half hour. Until I decided I had been beat, nothing I could do about it. Might as well smile at their pure joy and let them have at it. Never have I seen my kids so happy. Highlight of their trip. And guess what the sand washed right off, shirts came clean as soon as I threw them in the washer later that day. No real damage. So in the end it was a great memory, sorry I ruined part of it with my shocked attitude. Like I say, I'm not spontaneous.
So the kids were wet and had no other clothes, we wandered the shops for a minute. Bought them some new T-shirts, ate a snack and then headed back to the hotel to shower the kids again.
Once we were all cleaned up we headed down to Newport Beach to a fresh Seafood Restaurant we had heard was amazing.
And it was, best seafood I have ever had. I had the fish and chips. Cause I love fish and chips. Everyone else got fresh salmon and clam chowder and mussels and clams and all that fun stuff. I was pretty dang happy with my fish and chips though. It was a great night, everyone was happy and relaxed and smiling. We were full of laughs and with all our loved ones eating the most delicious food in the most beautiful environment. A night I'll never forget. A day I'll never forget. I'm telling you this trip is going down in my memory book as one of the greatest weeks of my life.
2 days to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment