Friday, October 11, 2013

The Drive and Day 1 of Disney

Disneyland!!! Has come and gone. I seriously can't look at these pictures without feeling super sad. Happy, cause of the memories, but so sad cause its over. We had seriously anticipated this vacation for SOOOO long! We have been talking about it for the past couple of years, things kept coming up though....first we moved, then had Drake then had car trouble and had to use our money on that, finally at the first of this year we said no matter what it takes we are taking our boys to Disneyland. This year. We saved and saved, then about everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. We had our water pressure regulator go out, 2 weeks later our hot water heater, then the brakes in Thiago's car, and a month later our washer and dryer both died. I kid you not, all within 6 weeks of each other. It was a very expensive 6 weeks. Luckily we still had enough for Disneyland. Barely. But we made it work. And oh my heck, was it worth it. Truly the most magical week of my life. One I will never forget. The memories we made our engraved in my heart forever and ever. First time for my boys, first time for me in over 20 years. It met and exceeded every expectation. It was worth every penny and then some. Truly, it was a week I will never forget.

So lets blog about it...


Packed up and ready to go. We went for a week. Saturday-Saturday. On the way there we split the drive between 2 days. Left Saturday morning and drove to Vegas. Then drove from Vegas to Anaheim the next day. The best part about this trip was the company. Our little family, as well as Ash, Souli and kids, my sweet mom and my inlaws and Rosemary. We missed Jen and her family like crazy but being as she is 3 weeks out from having a baby she opted to stay a little closer to home. Haha.

Its funny, I got so many comments about people telling us we were crazy to drive with little kids. Could not have gone better. My kids were angels throughout the entire trip. As well as Ashley's kids. I was so proud of them. Definitely had their moments, but you go into it expecting a few meltdowns, a few tears, a little whining..its a given, their kids. And that all definitely happened but for the most part they were so sweet. So grateful and so happy to be there. I seriously was so proud.

Arrived in Vegas about 5:00 pm. Those kids were just wired. You know the novelty of a hotel when you are a kid. We could have stayed there and done nothing and they would have been thrilled. Doing all the things kids do at hotels. Filling the ice bucket, taking rides on the elevator and luggage racks, checking out the pool, jumping on the beds, running from our room to their cousins room. It was a party. Their smiles were contagious. Just so very happy. Hard to be anything but.

We rested for a bit, let the kids play and then got freshened up and then headed out for dinnner. We went to the most delicious Mexican place. One of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. By the time we got out of there the kids were a little tired, I still would have liked to head down to the strip and see the Belagio water show or go to the M and M and coke factory. However, I was outvoted. So we just headed back to the hotel and let the kids play.


Next morning we woke up bright and early and headed down to the Continental breakfast. It was quite the breakfast. Tons to choose from and super good. Then we hit the road again.

Arrived in Anaheim about the same time as the night before. 5ish.

Oh Californ-IA!! Felt so good to be there. Most perfect weather. Low 80's the entire time. Even dipped into the 70's a few days.

Went to a yummy little Italian place that night. I swear eating out is my favorite part of vacation. I made sure to get up and workout each morning that way I could eat all this yumminess with a little less guilt.

Bright and early to the park we went. We did a 4 day hopper. Some friends said they worried we would get bored by the 4th day, run out of things to do. Big fat no. I could have stayed a full week and been totally fine. My goodness there is so much to see and do between Disneyland and California Adventure.


Took a little while to get our vouchers turned into actual tickets. The kids busied themselves with maps of both parks. Planning out their activities.

Hello!!! Great moments with Mr Lincoln. Freaking had to get a picture of that. Lincoln. My Lincoln.



You guys, I am such a nerd. As we were walking through the gates and taking it all in for the first time, I seriously started to cry. First time for my boys. First time in the happiest place on earth. Knowing that we were here and the magic that was about to unfold, and seeing it through their little eyes. And really it was the first time for me. I hadn't been since I was 9 years old. Basically Carson's age. I remembered bits and pieces but nothing real certain. It was just amazing walking through those gates.




Charachters all over the place, right off the bat. Right in town square they were everywhere. Hardly any lines. We waited for just a few minutes for each one. Drake's little voice shouting out all their names, Lincoln and Cars dancing around for their attention. Loved it. Drake loved to admire from a far. Didn't want to get close though, not unless his dad was holding him.

Loved that these little cousins who at home are inseperable, we are always with the Phongsavath family. Wouldn't have felt right to be there without them. Loved that they go to see it all together for the first time.




Fantasyland was up first. We even witnessed a marriage proposal in front of the castle. Pretty dang cute. Peter Pan was my fav!! Loved that ride. Also loved my stupid husband yelling "I love Neverland" as loud as he could all through the ride. Kids were laughing their heads off, I just shook mine.

We went on the little Mark Twain boat, my other boys were a little bored. Not Drake bug. Stood right at those cannons making all the sound effects. My funny boy.

Halloween. Best time to go. Decorations were to die for.






Toon Town was alot of fun. My boys loved walking through the little houses, also saw Daisy and Goofy again. Not too many rides except for that little roller coaster, but they didn't care. Loved that atmosphere.

"It's a Small World" Lincolns fav!! So funny. My mom loves that ride, I love that ride. Wasn't really expecting my kids too. Lincoln boy was practically hanging out of that little boat, his head bobbing to the music, biggest, goofiest smile on his face. Singing his little heart out. He was so dang cute.


Lots more that day. Snow White, Pirates, Matterhorn, Dumbo....on an on. It was a beautiful first day.


Maria my sweet mother in law, volunteered to go wait out and get us fabulous seats for the parade. Once again it almost made me cry. Just the expressions on the faces of my kids and the charachters I have grown up loving and now they are. Just was the greatest.

We ended every night in Downtown Disney. Getting last minute treats. The beignets. Oh my gosh. Ate a bag every night. Fried doughnuts in powdered sugar. Hot, fresh out of the oil. Oh so yum!!! And of course the Lego store...more on that later.

I'll be back with more....

No comments: