The good thing about having three other children is life is busy. Events, holidays, comings and goings just keep moving on. No time to sit and be sad over what is done, life moves on fast and the best thing is to just move right along with it. After a bump in the road, the best thing for me is to always fling myself back into a routine. Into what I know, and what I love. Feels so good to have some normalcy.
Here's a little bit of what has been happening in the past few weeks. Whole lot random.
One Sunday after church. My baby bug down in our basement. He sleeps so good down there. All sprawled out on our couch and ottoman. Its dark and cool. And he has his best naps down there. Let him sleep too long this day, almost til 5:30. I was regretting that later that night. Thiago and I both asleep, while he sits at the foot of our bed playing with superheroes and watching "Higgleytown Heroes".
Gotta love a comfy Sunday at home.
Especially with peach cobbler for dessert. I get so excited when I make one of my mom's recipes and it turns out tasting just like hers. I really strive for that.
Had to throw these in here so I don't forget. The week following my miscarriage was such a sad time, but I was blown away by the kindness and thoughtfulness that was shown to our family. We had unexpected meals brought by, little gifts left at my door, flower deliveries. Countless phonecalls and texts and comments on my instagram. I was seriously blown away by the sincere kindness of others. Was such a good and uplifting feeling, knowing that I am surrounded by such good, good people. By the end of the week my thoughts had left the negativity of it all and all I could think about was the genuine care shown towards me and my family. Sincere thanks to each and every one of you that played a part in it. I will never forget it. Made it my goal, right then and there to pay it forward. To slow down and look for those oppurtunities to brighten others days. To leave my own concerns and spread a little sunshine and uplifting words. Truly meant the world to me and was such an eye opener. Thankyou friends. I was truly touched.
The first weekend that I was feeling up to it and back to myself we needed to get out of the house. Needed to be with my boys and to feel normal and happy again. So we asked them what they wanted to do that Saturday night. They chose bowling at Boondocks. And they wanted to eat at the place with "the fire". Tepanyaki, in other words. They LOVE that place. Love the food, and they love watching them cook. It was so fun and just what I needed.
And oh do they love the bowling. They prefer the little roller ball at Boondocks, rather than the big people bowling. Love watching the goofs. They take it so seriously. Each on their own lane. Drake cheers for everyone, even if they only hit one pin. Its pretty awesome.
We are just getting spoiled this spring. Really this whole winter. The mountains are getting snow and the valleys not so much. Here and there, but nothing like last winter. Makes me a little nervous for our water supply. And my green grass in the summertime. But for now we are loving this warm weather.
More days in March than not, looked just like this. We have been staying after almost every day at school to play on the playground and then come home and play in our yard. Now if we could just get our dad to put the trampoline back up....
This little turkey. Was making dinner one night, and had just pulled a pan of fries out of the oven. Turned around to finish getting dinner on the table and he was a little impatient and reached up to grab a fry. His arm graised the hot pan and YIKES. The world ended. In his defense it was a decent burn and probably did hurt, but oh my, of all kids to have that happen to. He went on and on. Truly cried and moaned for about 2 hours. We went and bought some soothing stuff and wrapped it up and that calmed him a bit. But boy does he milk stuff like this out. Wanted to lay in our bed and just watch his shows. Then wanted to be spoon fed oatmeal. Which of course I did. Cause I'm that kinda mom....
Pretty sure he was doing just fine by this point.
My cute mother in law called while we were dressing his burn, and of course he had to talk to her and give her the big sob story. She showed up the next day with Mcdonalds for these two and brought their new puppy which Linc is OBSESSED with. Ya know, cause she is that kinda grandma. We may or may not spoil these little monkeys.
Lots of cooking and baking going on...if you follow me on Instagram, I am so sorry for all my food posts. It just makes me happy. New recipes. New tastes. Seeing them come together. Kinda love it. This was a yummy corn chowder recipe....better yet in the slow cooker. My favorite kind of dinners.
Also made my first ever batch of homemade bread with my kitchen aid.
Tell me...how beautiful can food be. This bread is beautiful. I was so proud of it.
Babysitting baby Bosty one morning. These boys of mine kinda love that baby. He is a big deal in our house.
And then Elle and Lincoln. Two weirder kids you will never meet. They have playdates almost daily. Their new favorite game is to pull out every blanket in my house and make themselves a fort at the bottom of the stairs.
Where they then gather a large variety of toys and sit there and play. Piled in with pillows and blankets and comforters. Weird. But kinda cute, so I allow it.
And thats it for now.....
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment