Friday, April 4, 2014

Luck of the Irish

Always behind..always. But here is our day of green.

"May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks you grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go". We aren't Irish...like at all, but any excuse to make a mundane Monday a little more exciting....I'll take it. Told the boys they were safe in school that day cause they were wearing their green. Nobody could pinch them. Carson was quick to inform me that it was a school rule to not pinch. So even if his friends aren't wearing green he can't or won't pinch them anyways. He said this in all seriousness and stared at me like I was an idiot for even saying that. I said "uh, oh, okay then". And then he walked away...while I stood there like an idiot. Guess he told me.

Drake had his green on too...just a few hours later. No need for him to miss out on precious sleep just for the sake of a picture. Those two big boys headed out to school and it was just Drake and I.


Didn't do too much exciting stuff, but I did put this fun little treat together. Rice Krispie treat recipe but you use Lucky Charms instead. I like to do lots more marshmallows and a little less cereal. Makes em extra gooey.

Night before put this little scavenger hunt together...just simple little clues that led my boys around the house to the big "treasure" at the end.

Bought myself a fun little shamrock shirt at Target. $10.00. I can use it as a lounge shirt or for pj's. At least that is how I justified the purchase with myself. Thiago kinda thought it was stupid. But what does he know. Completely neccesarry.



Crazy boy...waited all day for that Leprechaun to show up. We kinda did the same thing last year, so my boys knew "Lucky the Leprechaun" would be showing up at some point that day. Linc was really hopeful he would show up while Carson was at school and then he could just tell Carson what he missed. Nice, real nice Lincoln.


Ash took my kids to her house after school for a sec, made up some lame excuse that she needed them for something. Then I ran home and threw up the clues. Started on the back door, right as they got home.

Told them to hold on a sec while I grabbed my camera, turned back around and this is how they were standing. Carson was reading the first clue to them. Stinkin little sweeties...

That deserves a close up. Sweet little brothers. They have their moments. But oh they sure do love each other. To this day, I will always believe the greatest gift I have ever given them is each other. Love these brothers.

Phongsavath's came over and joined us in the fun.

They tore through the house in record time. Laughing their little heads off at the crazy clues. Love how something so simple made them so happy. Literally took me 10 minutes the night before to throw this together. And they just loved it.

Ended up in the laundry room with a plate of "Lucky charm treats" and a coupon to buy "Frozen" the next day. They were happy as can be.

I had to laugh cause Carson was going on and on about how good the Lucky Charm treats were, and not thinking I said "oh thanks Cars, I thought you might like them". He stared at me dumbfounded, and it took me a second to figure out why he was looking at me like that. He finally said "why did you say thanks, you didn't make them" "They are from the leprechaun". Whoops. I made up some lame answer saying I thought he was telling me how good breakfast was. And he smiled and laughed and told me I was silly.

And I smiled at my 8, soon to be 9 year old boy, who still totally believes in leprechauns and magic and treasure hunts. And I hope he hangs on to that for a good long while.

No comments: