The time had come. I had been putting off potty training my little lovebug. Couple reasons, first potty training is not fun. Not at all. But secondly, and probably more importantly...that made it official. No longer a baby in the Cano home. I hate that. I hate it so bad. I hate that he is so big. But he was three. And it was time. So I gathered my supplies. Refreshed my method in my head. All of you that have followed along for awhile, know exactly what that is. I wait til there three, then I go cold turkey. Clear my schedule, stay home for three straight days and go to town. No pull ups. No diapers. No breaks. Just do it. Everytime he at least tries, he gets a piece of candy. Everytime he goes he gets to pick a small toy. And when he has gone three straight days with no accidents, we go to Target and he picks out a big toy. It has worked with my other two, almost perfectly. All my nieces and nephews. Fail proof method.
And once again...he mastered it. He was a little slower at learning than my other two. It took us a good 10 days before I completely trusted him. Far more accidents than successes in those first few days. I was scrubbing pee left and right. Seriously think at the end of potty training the mama should get the prize. It was a fun 10 days, but he got it. He's a little potty training champ!
Poor babe, this was the end of the second day and my heart was kinda breaking for him. It took alot out of the little guy. He was so stressed and emotional those first few days. I wanted so bad to say screw it, you aren't ready, lets put your diaper back on. But if you know me, you know that ain't happening. Once I put my mind to something, I do it. If I say I'm gonna do it, then heck...I'm gonna do it. Don't know who is more stubborn...me or him.
So happened potty training took place the same week "Frozen" came out. Oh that Frozen. I swear I may have watched it one too many times. My kids were relentless that first week. As I'm sure many other households were. We were all going a little stir crazy being stuck in the house, my mom dropped in one day just to say hello. And here she sits watching it with Linc and Elle. Elle bell sings her little heart out to every single song, at one poing Linc finally turned to her and said "Elle, are you going to sing a long to every SINGLE song?!" Hahaha.
We've had such lovely weather. But gosh we need some rain. My lawn is begging for it. Finally put my house sprinklers on just to give it a drink. Need rain. But kids have been loving our mild, pleasant temps. Here is Drake out there in just his undies...mid potty training.
That time of year for school registration...my Lincoln boy and Kindergarten. Say it ain't so. Not crazy about the Kindergarten teachers at our school. Like at all. Trying to get my Lincoln boy a variance, for Kinder at least, possibly Carson too. Haven't exactly made up my mind. Submitted paperwork for both of them to a couple different schools. The whys is a post in its own. I have alot of mixed feelings about it. So still don't know what I'm going to do. But I submitted and then I will make the decision then if they happen to get in. Won't know til August.
Drake bug got invited to his first "friend" birthday party. Our little neighbor up the street was having a party at Chuck-e-cheese and Drake got invited. Keep in mind this is my kid that hyperventilates everytime we take him to nursery. I knew there was no way in heck he would go without us. So whats a good dad to do. Go with him of course. Luckily Thiago and the dad of the birthday boy are good friends, so he was totally fine with it.
Had a really special night a couple of Sundays ago. I know I have mentioned that my grandma is just starting to really struggle with her health. She has her ups and downs, but seems to be declining at a steady rate now. I know I have mentioned how hard this has been for our family. We are super close. Like closer than most. And its just been heartbreaking watching our matriarch slow down and struggle so much. We all gathered for family dinner a couple weeks ago and then all the men gave her a priesthood blessing. I won't say much cause it was really personal and made a deep impact on my testimony. But watching the men in our family, including my husband, gather around the grandma we love so much and giving her a blessing of strength. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Was a really beautiful night. You could feel the love so strong. I'll never forget it.
Love her so much. Its hard cause I know these memories we are making as of late, will be my last. Such a hard thought. How do you let go of 31 years of my existence where she has been apart of it. How do you say goodbye to that. It just breaks my heart.
My sweet dad. He was so emotional. He has been going through some struggles of his own lately and it breaks my heart. I love him so much and wish I could help in some way. But at the end of the day, he really can only help himself. I just hope he always knows how much I love him. How grateful I am for the sacrifices he's made for me and my sisters. He hasn't been perfect, but who has. At the end of the day, he has loved me with his whole heart. I know we are what he is most proud of, and the one thing he knows he can always count on. I'll love him forever and ever.
It was a really hard night. But a really beautiful night as well. Just so grateful that I know that kind of love. The kind that just hurts your heart. What is life without that kind of love.
Next day the boys were on spring break. I was an idiot and had scheduled Carson's yearly echocardiogram for that day. Not realizing it was spring break. Thiago always usually takes that day off work and we plan something fun as a family. Felt bad that Cars had to get an echo on what should have been a fun day. But when I called to reschedule they wouldn't be able to get us in again til August. Forget that. We needed to keep the appointment. It wasn't til three so we decided we still had time to make it a fun day.
My best days are days spent with just the five of us. I've had a ton of stuff going on lately, just alot weighing on my mind. Feeling extra grateful for this little family of mine. A husband who not only stands by my side, but carries me along the way. And these three boys. They are my whole life's happiness. Grateful every single day that this is how I get to spend my days. Loving them.
We headed down to Salt Lake to the Utah museum of natural history. The boys had a great time. A little bored at certain parts but loved it for the most part. One of those places that once you've been you don't need to go again. Ya know what I mean.
Hard to tell in this picture but the dinosaur exhibit was their favorite. By far. They could have spent the whole time in that section. Linc kept trying to touch them all. Thiago finally told him that if you touch them they will come to life. That worked. Kept his little hands to himself from there on out.
After that we had just enough time to grab them some chicken nuggets, then we needed to head to Primary Children's for his echo.
Breezed right through the procedure, he's a pro at this by now. Went into meet with his Dr. to go over the results. We were a little surprised this time. He has a bicuspid aortic valve, we've known since he was 5. Will eventually need surgery to have it replaced. It has to work overtime because he only has 2 valves instead of three, which causes the aorta to expand overtime. If left alone it would cause an aneurysm. Which means we monitor its growth. It jumped alot more this year than the past couple. Surprised us. Usually its followed a very slow dialation, but it increased this past year. At first we thought surgery would be in his thirties or so...now its looking like it may be sooner. His blood pressure was also out of whack, so we now have to give him daily medication to control that. Also needed to schedule him for an MRI. MRI gives a more accurate measurement because it is three dimensional. So that is scheduled for May. It all kinda surprised us, but we feel good about it. I have never got a yucky feeling when I think about his condition. I feel complete peace. Have total faith in his doctors and know they are watching him close and it would never get to the point of danger for him. Feel blessed for this medical age we are in and all that is possible.
Ended our day with dinner at Zupa's...Carson's choice. And of course a trip to Trader Joe's. Can't go into Salt Lake without stopping. My boys love pushing the tiny carts around. I do not love that part. Annoying as crap!
My dad stopped by on his way to visit my Grandma on Confrence Sunday. Wanted to take these two with him. I said sure...nice quiet house for the final session of general confrence.
Later that day we headed up to Logan to Jen's house. To celebrate this yellow haired princess's fourth birthday. Love this little lady. She just exuberates happiness and joy. She twirls and dances and sings her merry little way through life. Love my sweet nieces.
Picture of these two. It's always the three of us. Dad at work. Cars at school and that leaves me and my two little sidekicks. Will be so weird when Linc starts kinder in the fall. So weird.
Spring soccer season started up....here we go again!
And last but not least....date night. Went and got sushi with Ash and Souli and then saw "Divergent". Loved it. I read the book and just fell in love with Four. Obviously. Was so excited for the movie. Little cheesy at parts, but I seriously loved it! Not sure Thiago felt the same, quite a few sighs and looks he kept throwing at me. Oh well....I liked it. And thats what matters most...right!
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment