Happy Valentines day to you all from me and the two little lovebugs. We got our celebrating off to an early start today. We had ourselves a little Valentines party with the sisters and cousins. Always way crazy and hectic with all of those little ones, but so much fun. Especially for Lance and Carson. They are at a such a cute age and get so into our little activies. Don't you love Lincoln's expression in this picture, he was not to thrilled that I was posing him for this picture.
My mom is so dang cute. This is a picture of Carson holding his little valentine from her. Funny story. She called me up on Wednesday to ask if we would be home around noon. I said yes, she said okay and that she was dropping by Carson's valentine, so to make sure that he answered the door. No problem there, he loves answering the door. She then calls back awhile later and says she is almost to our house, so to be ready. She says make sure and don't answer the door to fast cause I need time to get back to my car. I am like what the heck, is Carson not supposed to know about this. Well to late I had already told him that grandma was coming and he was so dang excited. So the doorbell rings, I am in the basement and I can hear Carson running towards the door upstairs. I take my time going upstairs and when I get up there I expect to see Carson by the front door waiting for me to open it. He is not there and all the sudden I hear him crying. He is standing at our front window watching grandma get in her car and drive away. So sad, he couldn't even enjoy his treat for the first half hour cause he was so upset about her leaving without saying hi. Whoops, next time I will remember to not say anything. He cheered up after a little while and finally got around to enjoying his treat.
Always so much fun trying to get kids to coorperate and get a good picture.
Here we are doing our first little activity. We made little valentine envelopes for the kids to keep their valentines in. I brought these little glitter glue stick things, and well after they got done with those. Not pretty, we basically threw all the envelopes away. They got a little carried away on the glitter, and that is putting it mildly.
Workin hard...check out that glob of glitter in the middle of his heart.
After that we put together their little Valentines to give to each other. Carson chose the Ninja turtles of course. That is his most lastest obsession. Kinda funny cause the kids just didn't understand this concept. Carson lost interest in addressing them to people after like 2 seconds and I ended up doing most of them. Lance on the other hand loved getting them all ready but didn't understand why he had to give them away. Quite a few tears were shed....
Lincoln slept the entire time so that worked out nice. I just thought this picture was cute. Jen took it kind of on accident. My settings got messed up on my camera and she was trying to fix it for me. She took this picture just testing out the camera, but we thought it was cute. It was right after I got done feeding him and he was a happy boy.
After that we made these cute little heart frames with cheerios. And when I say we...I really mean me, Jen and Ash. The boys had completely lost interest so we did them ourselves.
However they loved the final product. It was supposed to be Carson's valentine to his dad. However he loves it so much that I don't think Thiago will ever get to keep it. First of all he couldn't wait until Saturday to give it to him. The second Thiago got home, Carson showed it to him. He told him it was for him, but he wouldn't let him touch it all. So you tell me, who this really belongs to. I am thinking Carson.
We ended the day with a little fun at Artic circle. The boys could run wild and I could finally sit and talk with my mom and sisters. Love kids but they sure do wear you out by the end of the day. Thanks family for all of the fun today, and Jen for our yummy valentine treats. They were delicous. Love you family....happy Valentines!
9 comments:
I am still laughing about that sad story of mom's Valentine, poor kid I can only imagine what he was thinking. It was a fun day, you are fast and beat me, I won't be doing my post until tommorow. I didn't know you kept that picture of you and Lincoln, it is really cute, sometimes the most candid moments of being a mom our the sweetest, especially when you don't know someone is watching, love it!
What a fun day! I love this idea that you guys do, I think I might have to steal it, and start doing it with my sisters. Looks like a fun day! And I know the boys will always remember it, even if you guys ended up doing all their projects for them!
My girl..My girl
you are so dedicated to your days with yours lovebugs, your so dang cute doing all this.Of course I show the pictures to all my friends at work and they tell me
" You are so lucky with your girl to be so dedicated to the family"
I feel so blessed I love you guys
HAPPY VALENTINES
love
Maria
Looks like you guys could open your own little joy school. So glad you all had a good day. The projects are just darling.
What an exciting day! I love the little cheerios picture, at least y'all had fun doing it :) How awesome to be able to get your sisters and all the cousins together!
It looks like you had fun. I know how it is when it gets hectic like that, but it's all worth it, right!
Thanks for the nice compliment and of course I'd love to do your family pictures! just let me know when!
What a fun day! I'm so jealous that you and your sisters all have kids the same age. You guys seem to always have such a great time. I like the cheerio frames.. those are such a cute idea.
Sounds like you had a fun day, your stuff turned out really cute...
It was a fun little party. Few tears with Lance and Brevin not wanting to give away their valentines. Mom told me about you blowing the surprise good one. Can't you keep anything straight. Poor Carson I can just see him now crying by the window.
Post a Comment