Every year for my birthday we always go out with my whole family instead of just us. So Thiago always tries to take me out that weekend, with just the two of us. We have not had a date night since before Lincoln was born, actually I truly can't remember the last date night. We were long over due. So Saturday night we decided to go out together. I was kinda trying to go the next weekend just because Thiago's mom is in Brazil and she is usually my babysitter. However, Thiago suggested we just have Gus and Shalae watch them. I was kinda nervous leaving Lincoln with them, Carson no worries but Lincoln I just didn't know about. Everything went perfectly fine though. We went to a little Italian place on Hwy 193 called Rovali's, it was so good. We liked it even better than the Olive Garden. It was so unique and just quaint and cute. After that we went and saw "Taken". Holy crap, so intense. Way good though, I drive my poor husband crazy cause when I am nervous I just talk, talk, talk. I would not shut up throughout the entire movie. He was a good sport though, doesn't seem to bother him.
We had such a good time together, I forget how much I love date nights. Lately I have been thinking about how grateful I am for the security and companionship that goes along with marriage. We have had a few situations lately where we have found out that other peoples marriages aren't quite what they seem to be. I am so proud and pleased to say that mine is. I love being married so very much. I love that my favorite part of the day is when I hear the garage door coming up and my husband is home for the day. I love staying up late with him after the kids are in bed and talking about our days. I love that something as simple as laughing at "the office" episode together can just brighten my day. I love that I have someone who I can share every worry and every concern with. I love that I have someone who loves me despite everything. Basically I just love that I always have a best friend, someone who walks through life with me and is always there. Okay I will get off my soap box now, I am just so grateful for my guy and the impact that he has on my life. I would not have a life if it weren't for him. Anyways....here is just a cute little picture of our baby boy showing off that darling little smile of his. To cute to not post!
15 comments:
Awww...Teri! Thiago and you have always been so in love with each other, its so cute how that hasn't ever gone away. That smile on Lincoln is so stinkin cute. Glad you had a good night out.
You do have a great guy I will say that. And two great kids. Look at that smile. So cute. You look darling in that picture. I would have thought you would do you hair straight. Just kidding I'm one to talk these days.
That's a great picture of Linc, I love his smile...he needs to give me one, one of these days. I know what you mean Eric was just telling me about some friends of ours from KY who are seperating, I couldn't believe it, I never would have guessed. I have been sad about it all day. You and Thiago are wonderful for each other.
Happy Birthday Teri! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We went and saw Taken as well and loved it! You look great at 26!
Glad you went on a date. You should make that a weekly occurance. My, that doesn't even look like Lincoln to me. Darling picture. They change so fast.
I loved reading that and while I was reading about your marriage it reminded me of mine. Hopefully those people who are having a hard time can over come the trials and one day have a great marriage. sometimes its the obstacles that can make it or break it. Happy Birthday!!
What a fun date night!! It is always so nice to have a night out with just you and your husband especially after having a winter baby when you are stuck in the house all day! I love the picture of Lincoln!
I am so happy for you two you are such great examples to your boys! Lincoln is getting so big! Love his smiles!
So sweet! I'm glad you were able to have a date with just the two of you. You both are such great people, we are glad to have you as our friends!
Cute picture of Lincoln, I love his big smile!
How Fun! Nick wants to go see that movie so bad...maybe we should go on a date one of these days too! Anyways what a sweet post about you and Thiago...you two really are perfect for each other! Love all the pictures! Lincolns smile is just beautiful!
I think that date night is so important. Don't ever take your marriage or husband for granted work hard everyday to keep it strong, you never know what can happen. I love you and miss you...
What a sweet post. We went and saw Taken this weekend too...loved it. What a little cutie Lincoln is!
Happy Birthday Teri! Don't you just love date nights? It seems like it is so rare when you can go out with just the two of you anymore huh? Good for you guys. You are so good for each other. I love reading happy marriage posts.
I'm glad that you guys had a good time on your night on the town. I love to spread out the birthday celebrations too. It makes getting older a little easier to handle.
Read your comments make me the most proud mother in the world, I always tell Regi how rich we are to have such a good boys and I know you are in the line to be proud in the future with your boys,because you and Thiago are setting such a good exemplo to them
I'm back so go again on a date because I miss be with my boys
love
Maria
Post a Comment