Thursday, February 5, 2009

My workout buddy!


When the weather is not quite so cold, I usually try and go jogging a few times a week. However, it has been hard getting into a good schedule lately with 2 kids, instead of just 1 and it is way to cold out there for me. We really want to get a treadmill, maybe with some of our tax return. But in the meantime I have a little aerobics/workout tape that I try and do everyday so I can lose the rest of this dang baby weight. To say Carson loves it would be a serious understatement. I have the strangest kid ever, he gets so excited every time I start the tape. He tries to mimic all the moves and all that. He does it with me for the first 15 minutes or so and after that he gets bored and starts playing with all his toys. While he is playing he shouts out encouragement to me, the guy on the DVD will say to try and go faster or lower or whatever. Carson will say go faster mommy, or kick a little higher. Such a goofball! The other night we were doing it and I was doing my situps and I must have been going kinda slow, cause Carson comes over and says let me just help you and he stands behind me and starts pushing me up. Too funny.


Their is a yoga part at the beginning...it is probably Carson's favorite. Here we are doing updog, usually when I am doing this move Carson comes and sits on my back. Makes me crazy.


His idea of a jumping jack.


Worn out at the end. He kinda gets in my way some of the time, but I love his sweet little company. We do it down in the basement, cause it is cooler and it can get kinda lonely down there. So I am not complaining, he is a great little workout buddy. And you can bet he keeps me motivated. If it comes night time and I haven't done it yet, he makes sure and reminds me. Gotta love it!

12 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

Thats cute I didn't know that. You look way too cute to be working out. I really need to get that tape somehow. I could use the exercise. He is a good little personal trainer. You don't have to spend a ton of money you have your own a three year old.

Brittany said...

Frame that first picture. So cute!

Aleese and Scott said...

That is so cute! I wish Barrick was that good when I did my workout DVDS. I love the pictures he is such a cute little guy!

Johnstun Fam said...

Thats so cute. i need a motivater like that. Josh just makes fun of me when I do my videos.

Delahunty Family said...

That is so cute, kids are so funny! By the way you look great I would have never guessed you recently had a baby!

TW said...

Tell my boy he looks like he does Yoga better than I do. Way to go you two, love the cute pitures of you both.

Jill said...

That is so cute I can see him doing it with you. I am proud of you, to bad we don't live closer and we could go walking together. I like being outside better then inside.

Eric and Jenny said...

Why do you look so cute when you are working out, I always look horrible. Cars, I can totally picture him doing all the moves with you, what a goof he is, those really are cute pictures of you two. This post made me smile, it's so you and it's so Carson...

Rob and Melanie said...

Thats so cute! Colby used to work out with me too. But then I gave up, it only lasted a week or so.

The Carnahan's said...

How freaking cute is that. I need a workout buddy! I love how he motivates you, that is so funny.

Candace said...

What baby weight?! You look so cute, and Carson is such a sweetie, maybe I can borrow him and he can be my personal trainer!

Nick and Stacey said...

That reminds me of Mitchell. He is always trying to do my exercises with me too! They are such great help. Except usually he ends up trying to crawl through my legs while I am doing lunges..oh well what do you do right! You look great! I would never take a picture of what I look like exercising....lets just say I am a mess to put it lightly! You are Beautiful!