Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kissing Cousins


Carson finally got to meet little Miss Katelynn today. He has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting. He has got a real thing for babies, especially girl babies. He is a big fan. Last Monday (the day we thought Jen was going to have her), I made sure to not even mention it to him. I was just going to quietly sneak out of the house when the time came, and leave him playing with his dad. Monday came and went, and no baby. Tuesday comes along and when Jen calls to tell me her water broke I was just so dang excited....I kinda screamed. Which of course, startled my kids. The words just came rushing out of my mouth, that Jen was having her baby. I was in the middle of cleaning up my house and Carson saw me frantically starting to pick things up and moving a bit faster. He starts scurrying around and says "I will help you momma, so you and me can go and be with Jenny". Uh-oh...it wasn't pretty when I walked out the door and left him standing there. Things got even worse, when I left the next day and still Carson couldn't come. Mckay Dee only lets siblings. Then the weekend came and I worked, then church, then Cars had school yesterday....but finally today we had a free day. So up to Logan we headed. YAY, for Cars. Little Katelynn, you made this boy very happy today. Perfectly content to sit there and hold you....and you were such a good girl. Didn't even make a peep.



Lincoln wasn't sure what to think. He thought it was fun to pull on her headband and let it flick her in the face. He also enjoyed stealing her blankets, constantly stopping her swing, and trying to squeeze her little head. However, he did not enjoy his mom holding this strange little baby...he was thinking "wait a minute here, that is my mom".


Oh, isn't she just scrumptious....thanks Jen for letting me snuggle her up today. Sending you a kiss sweet girl!

6 comments:

Nick and Stacey said...

Love it! How fun is that! I love that Carson was so excited! And who knew Lincolns hair was so light....I love the face he is making in the picture, like what is this! Too Cute!

Laura Blue said...

She is ADORABLE! I love infants and I'm so jealous of you all right now. How fun to have a cousin so close that you can play and snuggle with all day!

Bentleys said...

She is too cute and Carson is so cute with her! Love it!

The Mashy Family said...

I can totally see both your boys having those same reactions. I bet Carson was so excited he is such a sweet little guy with a big heart! Love him! Oh I forgot to tell you we tried to call last week but you guys were not home and then I realized you had been at the hospital but Gehrig was so excited to tell Thiago his friend that he made a goal in his first soccer game! Pass the word.

Candace said...

She is a doll! Having new babies in the family is the best, I'm sure you are the cutest "auntie"

Eric and Jenny said...

Poor little Carsy everytime I think of the little guy standing their deserted in the kitchen just makes my heart hurt for the little guy. We should have just claimed him as one of my kids. His height would put him right in the middle of the boys, would have worked just fine.