Sunday, August 7, 2011

Island Park...round 2!

And lets carry on with part 2, shall we.

Day 4


After getting ready and a quick breakfast we headed out for another day of fun. Have I mentioned how in love I am with this little one of mine. He is scrumptious...and I can't get enough! He was complete perfection on this trip, just like he always is. Oh how I love my baby.

We started out the day at some little river, once again I don't know the name (I am terrible with names). My aunt just thought it looked like a pretty, little serene place to snap a few pictures. I of course was all over that idea. I love me some good pictures.


My grandpa and grandma Williams. I just love this picture, almost as much as I love these two. I have so much love, respect and adoration for this little set of grandparents. They have been married for 56 years and still remain the center of each others universe. They are a true example of love, family and commitment. There is nothing they wouldn't do for each other, their 3 boys, and their grandkids. Family has always been their first priority and it shows in everything they do. I have so many childhood memories that all start with them and my Williams family. Sorry to be so sappy, I just love them all so much. Especially these two. It will be a sad day for me when I lose one of them. I can't even think about it.


All of us grandkids... minus Zach, who left the day before, Ike and Jenny, who both couldn't make it this year, and Caleb, who is on his mission. The rest of us are all there.


One more on the bridge.


My little family. Why oh why is it soooo hard to get a decent family picture. I guess three young children would be the answer to that. Oh, the frusteration.



Oh my sweet boys...these pictures are precious to me.





(GQ, perhaps??)







(Drake's shoes that wouldn't stay on his feet, this kid has the smallest feet EVER!)





After that we loaded back up in the car and headed to Jackson Hole. Oh, how I love Jackson.

First up, Alpine Slide.



Cars and dad. This kid has got a need for speed. He wanted to gun it the entire time.



Lincoln boy waiting patiently for his turn. I gave him a bag of Doritos and he was good as gold. Chips, ride, chips, ride....I think he'll take the chips.


Don't need chips to make this one happy. Just a comfy stroller to sit in and a nice tree to stare at, and he is happy as can be.



Carson's second turn, this time with Markell. Oh my heavens, they came flying down that mountain. I sat at the bottom and watched about 20 or so people come down and by far Carson and Markell came down the fastest. She said she had no control over the handle, it was all Carson....and he wanted to go FAST! Yikes, glad I didn't know that until he was safely at the bottom. Dang kid.



Finally Lincoln's turn. Thiago said he smiled from ear to ear the entire time and couldn't quit giggling. Well worth the wait, huh little buddy.


We then headed into town to wander the shops.







My goodness this little town makes me sentimental. We vacationed every summer here when I was little with this same family. I was Carson's age. Nothing has changed here. It feels like I just stepped back into time. I can see it all. The little brown and orange cabins we stayed at, my dad waking up early and wandering out for his cup of coffee, whichever one of us girls was ready got to go with. Breakfast at the bunnery, riding through town on the horse drawn carriages, our matching flourescent outfits, Bar-J wranglers, dad walking out of Hagan Daz with a big ol' thing of icecream, collecting the little bags of rocks and other knick knacks, our bags of Jelly beans. I could go on and on. I am a sentimental person and I had myself almost in tears a couple of times as the memories all came flooding back. My mom and dad happily married, me and my sisters. Good times, happy times.

It was a 2 hour drive from Island Park to Jackson. Both ways. Maybe some didn't think it was quite worth it. But I did. I love Jackson, I cherish the memories there. I was grateful to be there with my husband and our boys and give them just a taste of that. Even if it was for just a few short hours.

Anyways...life huh. Funny what memories can do to ya.

Moving on.




Back at the cabin. Giggles from baby Drake. Nobody can get them quite the way Thiago can. He loves his dad.


Games, games and more games.


Good night once again from a sleepy Drake and his Markell.

Day 5...packin' up and heading on home.



(new favorite picture by the way. the lighting, their smiles, the way their little heads are turned, their expressions...love it)







Until next year sweet family. Love you all so very much. This trip means more to me than you will ever know. For so many reasons. Another year of memories to hold on tight to.

Thats a wrap.

6 comments:

Team Downs for Thirty-One said...

I love how close your family is - on both sides. You have a great support system! I laughed out loud at the phone comment! I'm SO glad Tyson doesn't have internet on his phone or else it would look like that with all of his fantasy games! We need to have a play date! I would love to see you and talk more while the kiddo's play! My house, yours, or a park - I'm up for anything any Monday!

Genn said...

Looks like such a fun trip!!
I love all your pictures.
And the groups shots are great.
It's funny bc I have a lot of cousins and we all live near and see each other a lot too, but my sister and I are the only girls (well one more but shes younger) and then in your fam it looks like it is mostly girls! Fun. And did I spot another set of twins or is that just me seeing things? You are all so darn cute! Can I be in the fam too? ;)

Bentleys said...

love all your pics, looks like you had fun!!! Love family traditions :)

TW said...

It was fun hearing about your trip. The picture of Grandpa and Grandma Williams is just priceless and the back drop fits them perfectly. Great shots.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh the picture of grandma and grandpa is so great, love those two. I don't even like to think of the day when they are not here in there little red house. Jackson does hold so many great memories, if I had to pick a favorite vacation spot that would be it. Sometimes it's hard not to wish we could go back in time and have are family back huh.

Those first few pictures of Cars I was trying to figure out what kind of shorts he was wearing and then I realized it was his holster. I kept thinking man those are some weird shorts!

Great post, brings back lots of happy memories of years past.

Clemments Family said...

I'm getting even more excited for my trip just looking at your pictures. So fun, I love that place, I grew up going to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole too, its kind of crazy that people who have lived in Utah have never been to Yellowstone. My Husband had never been until we took him. I love it up there.

It was so great to see you the other day, even if for only 1 minute. You look so good as always. You, Jen and I need to get together for lunch sometime.