Oh my golly goodness. I took alot of pictures. Don't realize it until you start uploading them all and it turns into an all day project. Oh well. I am not sorry. I love pictures. I love the way they can take you back to the moment. Taste the food, feel the spray of the ocean, hear little voices and squeals of laughter. Pictures do that for me.
San Diego you are truly a sight for sore eyes. So many beautiful locations. One of the things I enjoyed the most about our trip was how much of San Diego we got to see. All sides of her, and she was splendid.
Next day we were up bright and early once again. Got dressed in our beach clothes and then ran out for a quick breakfast.
We stayed in whats known as the "gaslamp quarters" of San Diego. It was this fancy, little posh like area with lots of shopping and dining areas. It was quite the happening place to be, unfortunately not really for kids though. It was kind of a night scene for adults and young adults and kids didn't really fit in . We weren't really at the hotel a whole lot though so it worked out.
We ate at the Broken Yolk Cafe which was super good. Thiago had actually seen it on Man Vs Food once, so when it came reccomended by our hotel we decided to give it a try. It was delicious.
You could seriously walk right out of our hotel and you were right in the middle of this district, so we just walked to breakfast. On the way back I started snapping some pictures. The city was just calling my name, so many unique little sections and sights.
And yes, the Shamu's came with us to breakfast. They actually stayed with us throughout the remainder of the trip. Just me, Thiago, 3 kids and 2 shamu's. One whose name was Shamu Blu Jeffrey Cano. Ya know, named after Carson Jeffrey.
Ahh, sweetest boy. Such an angel this one is. He just goes with the flow so nicely. His little life and schedule was completely uprooted this week and you never would have know it, except for the last day. It was kinda rough.
Back at the hotel for a sec. The lighting was beautiful at the moment, so my camera just kept a clicking...
Lincoln playing his "betar",
a few pillow fights,
and Shamu Blu Jeffrey Cano getting his hair brushed. Of course. Needs to look nice for his big beach outing. Although he wasn't allowed out of the car once we arrived. I need Shamu to stay somewhat clean.
And Coronado Beach. Once again I was completely taken back by the beauty of this place. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been to the beach. It amazes me how vast and larger than life it is.
We loved it.
The weather was perfect that day. The day before was a little chilly, but this day was quite warm. I need it to be warm if I am at the beach. Very warm. I am a cold blooded kinda gal, and I chill quite easily. So the warm temp's were perfect and most appreciated.
Of course this boy loved it. Him and his dad charged those waves like nobody's business. They got some pretty good ones too. Such an exhilarating feeling, those waves crashing against you...seeing how high they come up. And the sound of it. I can close my eyes and still hear it. Lovely.
Then there is this one. He is actually quite the chicken when it comes to water. He was nowhere near it, unless he was clingy to one of us. Silly boy.
No, he preferred the dry land where he could build his little castles and bridges. Kept him entertained for the entire afternoon.
Drakey bug enjoyed getting his toes in the sand.
Until his dad let him face plant it. Poor kid. Sad, but kinda funny.
It was a perfect afternoon.
Later that night, after we were all showered and dressed up again.
My goodness, my littles sure do dress up nicely.
Ahhh, the most delicious sea food place. EVER. I am a huge fan of Seafood. Especially fresh like this. We had clam chowder, fish lettuce wraps, lobster legs, and 3 types of shrimp. Just me and Thiago. It was divine!
It was also in the neatest part of town. Right by some of the docks. They had this huge pirate looking ship, plus tons of others. Carson was absolutely amazed. I think he would have like to spent the whole day just staring at that ship.
We then drove back to our gaslamp quaters and walked to this lovely little icecream shop we had been eyeing. Ghiradelli....ever heard of it. Ha.
Me, Thiago and the boys shared this little beauty. Although quite honestly I could have handled this guy all on my own. It was that good. If you can't tell, my most favorite thing about vacation is the food. I love me some good food. It is a dang good thing Thiago and I woke up early every morning and headed down to the hotel's gym. I could have been in some serious trouble if not.
Next day, World Famous San Diego zoo.
Gotta love a decent family picture, they don't happen often. And if I were being honest, I would tell you that this still isn't the greatest. Carson is making a very odd face. Oh well, better than what I usually get.
This place was amazing. I had heard it was huge, but wow. Seriously, the hugest zoo....EVER! This day had the potential of being a lot of fun, but my kids were acting a little off. I think all the excitement and late nights and crazy schedules were starting to catch up to them. Carson and Lincoln were very whiny and ornery. And the baby...oh boy, he was kind of a grouch. He never got a decent sized nap that day, and it showed.
These dang flip flops that Lincoln is holding. We were on the giant bus tour. You know the kind. A huge, open, 2 story bus with us up on the top level. One minute we are sitting there enjoying the tour the next Lincoln's shoe is going off the edge of the bus. Down, down, down below. Believe it or not we found it later on in the lost and found. Good thing. He was quite distraught about it. Well for that matter so was Carson. They were both consumed with finding this dang shoe.
Like I said, this day was a little off. However, still totally worth it and a memorable part of our trip. Glad we went.
That night we went in to Little Italy for some pizza and pasta.
It was inside of this little deli. You go through this authentic little Italian deli and it leads into this huge restaurant.
Unfortunately no pictures of our pizza and my pasta dish. I was too busy roaming the streets with an inconsolable baby. The trip had majorly caught up with him and he was NOT happy. Thiago ate, then switched me so I could eat. It was good though. Yep, defintely.
Next day, all packed up and ready to head out.
A 13 hour car drive with 3 children under the age of 6. It was absolutely delightful, best part of the vacation. Uh-huh...yeah right. It was a nightmare. All starting and ending with a little boy that starts with L, and ends with incoln. He was horrible. Horrible.
None the less, we made it home. At 2:00 in the morning. But we made it.
So my beautiful San Diego. You were a dream come true. You were completely enchanting and everything I had hoped you would be, plus a thousand times more. I will never forget you.
However, these Rocky Mountains are home...and its good to be home.
6 comments:
SO MUCH FUN! I've never been to San Diego, but I really am wanting to now :) You guys really did a lot of fun things, glad you could go on a family vacation and spend time together! Lots of cute pictures!
So I hate when I have too many things to comment on that now I can't remember them all. I will try....
I love Carsy's look on his face with that big ice cream.
Your food looks to die for, those orange juice glasses are fantastic.
The picture of you and Theo out in the ocean so gorgeous, but my favorite has to be those ships. I love that picture, it makes me so happy.
Loved the whole post no I am sad it's over, I was looking forward to it for so long.
Hope Target was good to you, but not too good right!
I love all the pictures, they are beautiful, someday I'm going back there. Looks like you had tons of fun.
SO glad you guys had such a fun time Teri! Looks like you really squeezed a lot in!
That pic of baby Drake after his face plant, ooooooh, poor thing! Sand in the face is no fun.
You look so great in all your pics. So happy and healthy.
San Diego looks like an amazing place to visit, I haven't been since I was little. You took so many darling photos, I love the ones of you and Carson playing on the beach. So glad you had an amazing trip!
So much fun! I love Lincoln's little white shirt-adorable. By the way...what kind of mascara do you wear-your eyes always look so pretty!
Post a Comment