We were busy bees this past Wednesday. Carson had big plans to spread his wings and make his own way in the world. Of course this required a little help from his mom being as he is only seven. So me being the wonderful mother I am threw together 5 dozen chocolate chips cookies the night before, loaded me and the kids up bright and early the next day and we headed up to Logan.
First we needed to build up our nourishment. Its hard being a working boy, needed to make sure he had a full belly. We met my sisters for Firehouse pizza. Margherita pizza. Yum.
With a P'zookie for dessert. White chocolate chip and macadamian nut of course.
Then we headed to our place of employment...Granny O's. Don't let this cute, little cheerful face fool ya. She runs a tight ship. Ha.
Love Grans little white house. Its classic. So quaint and sweet.
The boys got right to work. Laying out cookies on decorative plates.
And here we go...first ever lemonade stand. Are you wowed by this stand. That would be Jenny, all Jenny. My only contribution was the cookies. Jen takes lemonade stands super serious, she doesn't miss one single detail.
Let the fun begin. My grandma lives in a cute, little area with lots of her older friends. Whom she had called to inform them of some entrepreneurs visiting the area. Sure enough, quite a few of Gran's little "friends" showed up, and they just happened to be pretty thirsty. Thanks for that Gran. She also lives on the corner of a pretty busy road, so we set up shop right on the corner. You wouldn't believe the response these kids got. Not bad, not bad at all.
Clearly these kids had things under control, they were doing just fine. No help needed from me...
So I just parked it in the shade with this cute kid.
Lance, Carson and Elle were die hards. They stayed out in that hot sun the entire time. They took turns standing on the edge with the sign, taking the money, and filling the orders. They were awesome. The others did this. Played with Brevin's new Cars carwash. They didn't help whatsoever.
Then again neither did I. Jen, Ash, Cars, Lance and Elle you did great. I continued to sit with a now, very sleepy Drake.
What a little sweetheart.
In the end they made about $38.00. I think a few people tipped very generously. Still though, not bad, not bad at all. Thiago called to check in for the day while i was there and he asked what we were doing. I said "oh, just doing my part to provide for our family". haha, I laughed at myself. It was funny I promise. Its okay, Thiago only politely chuckled also. haha. All in all the day was a success, super fun and I loved seeing Carson and Lance's little work ethic come shining through. They made us super proud and it was a fun little experience for them. Good day!
2 comments:
What fun for those kids!
And that is quite the fancy lemonade stand if I ever saw one. So cute. What fun lessons you are teaching those cutie pies. :)
Fancy little stand!! I love it!!
Post a Comment