Thursday, July 19, 2012

Since we've been home...

Where to start...these vacation posts have been taking so long for me to put together that my pictures since we have been home just keep adding up. Maybe would have liked to do them in separate posts but in order to save time I think I shall just lump em' together. You don't mind...do ya?
Obviously the first matter of business was some serious laundry. I have told you I am far from a light packer. I am pretty picky when it comes to my laundry. I will not wear anything twice. Meaning this....if I throw a hoodie on over my outfit, even for a short hour at the end of the night I will not wear it again until it has been washed. Same goes for my kids. If I wear some pajama pants, they must be washed before I wear them again. Same for my kids. I will not wear jeans two days in a row, nor will I hang dry a towel and use it the next day. Call me nutso, I know I am. However, if you had a nose like mine you would be the same way. I can smell when things aren't clean and straight from the laundry pile. My nose knows. And it makes me want to throw up. That being said, I had ALOT of laundry.
The kids all caught a bug. We passed it from kid to kid up at the cabin. Lucky for us it lasted less than 24 hours and all it really was, was a fever and chills. Thats it. Drake had it super mild, he felt slightly warm one night, I gave him some medicine and that was it. Lincoln's lasted the full 24 hours. Luckily my cousin was thinking with the Ibuprofen and Motrin, we rotated the two and he was just fine. Carson didn't get it til the day after we got home. Felt a little crummy. Nothing a dum-dum sucker wouldn't fix.
My mom threw together a little picnic the night after we got home. She missed us all while we were gone, and she herself was headed to Alaska the following day so she thought it would be fun if we met up at a park near her house and had dinner and let the kids play. We had a little KFC. And chips and watermelon and a few sweets.
Like my sister says..you either love KFC or you hate it. We all love it.
After about two minutes we noticed the children's table looked a little like this. Full plates, yet no children. The toys were calling to them...
While the kids played the night away, us adults just sat around and did exactly this. Ate watermelon, sipped our cokes, took pictures, and talked. With hardly no interuptions. Love.
Lincoln kept picking fights with pretty much every single cousin and had to join me on the blanket for a bit. He passed the time with a can of sprite.
And oh my holy heavens, was Drake ever loving the watermelon. I had to limit him to 3 pieces, was afraid he would get a belly ache.
It was a perfect summer night.
Lets see...what else. Working on a few projects. I am currently redoing my entire bedroom and bathroom. I am so sick of my entire everything, had it all since we first got married and it is just yuck! I can't show you most of it cause I want it to be complete first, but here is a little sneak peak of a new knick knack I bought. I just thought it was a clever little picture frame and had fun picking out a few snapshots of our family.
This is the little item I picked up in West Yellowstone. Don't ya just love it. I saw it and immediately knew I had to have it. I also knew the perfect spot to hang it.
It makes me all kinds of happy everytime I walk into my downstairs and see it hanging there. Love all the pictures of my sweet little family.
Before the picture board, I used to have this wreath hanging above that desk. I thought it would look nice in my laundry room instead. Yes?
Now lets talk about food. My work had a patriotic luncheon the other day, and I thought it would be fun to make my oreos and color the frosting red, white, and blue. Kinda cute.
Trying out a few new recipes...chicken carbonara. Oh, this one was sooo good.
Oh yeah and its corn season did you know. I have been going to my local produce stand and picking up fresh corn each week. So yummy.
Served it with grilled chicken one night. Not just any chicken, tried out a new Hawaiian homemade marinade. Kinda a bit of work, but totally worth it. It was sooo good.
Oh, and in case you are wondering, this is what happens when you give a baby a golden oreo...
Oh my messy Drake!
A few nights ago I snapped this picture. Carson had slept over at his cousin's house, Drake was asleep and I had just gotten back from my run. Found these two just like this. One reading, the other playing his Mobigo. Cute.
Last but not least. The Weber State fireworks. Quite possibly the lamest firework show out there. Seriously all that waiting and the show lasts like 5 minutes. Oh well..we just enjoy the chance to be with family and friends. And the kids love it so we will continue to go.
Drake and his Vovo.
I am pretty sure he was happy when I took this picture. I think its just the flash that he is wincing at.
Weirdo Cars. He was on an expedition. Sat next to this tree, by himself with about 80 glow wands draped on his body and a whole collection of sticks. Talking to the sticks might I add. Oh heck, what a kid.
Favorite moment of the night. Lincoln tries his best to be brave but the fireworks do make him a little nervous. He was all snuggled up in my lap when a loud one went off and Lincoln kinda whimpered. "Whats wrong" I asked "are you scared". His little head drops and he says "yes". He then quickly starts to shake his hand and pops back up and in a happy little voice he says "no I not, I not scared...cause I with you". Oh Lincoln boy. Make my night. Mama loves you. And there you go...you are caught up. For now :)

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be caught up on my blog, no wonder it seems like a chore lately. I take far too many pictures!! Summer is just so fun and busy.

What's Theo reading these days? I don't think I have ever seen him just reading, make me smile!

I need the recipe for that carbonara or however you spell it, that looks like a winner.

The Mashy Family said...

All you and your sisters food looks like winners I am a terrible cook and we eat the same foods over snd over I swear! Fun summer and going by way to fast!!