Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2013!

Welcome 2013! Finally, getting this New Years post done...better late than never. New Years is good, one last hurrah before you have to get back to reality. After that the kids go back to school, hubby goes back to work and I get back to putting our life back in order after the holidays. Its a big job...which explains why it has taken me so long to get this post done. Here goes, I'll make it quick, got bathrooms that aren't going to clean themselves unfortunately!


New Years Eve was a really good day. We just ran errands as a family, may not sound that exciting but anytime Thiago is with us is a good time. We bought groceries, grabbed some lunch and then went to spend some of Thiago's Christmas money. He found himself all kinds of new clothes....snowboarding coat, jacket, new dress shirts and ties, new dress pants, a couple of hoodies and long sleeved shirts. All kinds of stuff. Fun to spoil him once in awhile. We hurried home so I could throw together some little appetizers to take with us and then we just headed up to our inlaws for a quiet night with lots of food!

Along with the rest of the world, we have all been sick. For once I was the only healthy one. Thiago got it, then Lincoln, then poor Drake, then Carson then back to Thiago. Stupid winter. Stupid sick. This day was when Drake was starting in on it. You can see it in his eyes. This babe is 100% delightful when he is sick. Not whiney or anything, just incredibly cuddly and lovey. He was so sweet this night. Felt bad for him, but sure did enjoy his snuggles.







We stopped at Dollar Tree in our travels earlier in the day and picked up a ridiculous amount of toys and noise makers for the boys. Thats what I get for sending in dad with a four and seven year old by themselves. A whole bag full of crap.


Sweet bug just got sicker and sicker as the night went on. Burning with fever. Gave him some infant tylenol and he was out for the remainder of the night.



We had tons of appetizers while we were waiting for dinner.

I brought lil smolkies wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, Carson can eat a whole pile of these on his own. We love em'


At little while later we had dinner. Crab legs, shrimp, asparagus, mashed potatoes and of course I forgot to take a picture of that. I was too excited to eat it I guess, or to busy getting all my kids to eat. Either way.


Ash and Souli and the kids came over as well, after dinner we got the kids in their jams and still had awhile to wait before midnight. So we brought Ash's new Disney headbands game. Ever played it? I hadn't either, so, so, so much FUN! Kids just loved it. And me and Ash loved it too.


Finally, just about time.






And Happy New Year...okay lets go home. I am kinda a scrooge when it comes to New Years, I've always thought it was a bit overrated. By that time, especially with little kids I am just ready for bed. Oh well. We stayed, we partied...sorta. Ha! As much as we party I guess.

Next morning comes bright and early. We always meet up with my dads side of the family for breakfast. I am sure to many this sounds way to early and tiring, but I actually really love it. Kinda fun.


Poor Drake, still not feeling all that good.

Headed on home for a bit. And ahhhh, nap time. Snuggled up with my Lincoln boy and we took a little snooze. Lovely.

Here is where my pictures end. My fun did not end though. Met up with my mom and sisters that afternoon for Les Mis. Now musicals are not really my thing, my mom and sisters however LOVE them...I wasn't about to be excluded so I went with too. It was ok. I'm sorry to all you that loved it, I appreciate the story and thought everyone was really great in it...just too much dang singing for my liking.

Later than night me and Thiago left our kids with the Cano's and saw Lincoln. That I completely LOVED! Daniel Day Lewis is my new favorite actor. He was so good. So very good. It was kinda hard for me to follow cause I am kinda dumb, and poor Thiago had to listen to my questions throughout the whole movie but I thought it was amazing. Loved the story, loved Lincoln...very cool guy.

Anywho..that wraps up New Years...talk to ya in a bit friends!

2 comments:

Genn said...

Such a busy time of year huh Ter?! I'm still working on getting a January post up too and it has yet to happen.

I'm sorry your poor babes got sick. Never any fun at all.

I loved Lincoln too. Daniel Day Lewis has always been a fave of mine. He is so darn good. I've never seen his famous film The Last of the Mohicans so I think that is our next movie night!

I'm off to put my littles to bed. Have a good night my friend.

Maria said...

Your are a amazing mom and yo always make me and Regie cry with your sweet post.
love ya girl