Well, it's January. Oh January. You really are quite the month. Good thing mine and Drake's birthday falls in there, otherwise I would just call the month a complete loss. Its just so dark, and cold, and gloomy. Especially this year. Our weather has been harsh this winter. Weeks of tempratures below freezing, so our snow never melts, takes your breath away cold out there, my garage is a filthy mess, don't even get me started on my car. Kids boots, shoes, gloves, coats are always wet and soggy. We have had three weeks worth of inversion, our air is just horrid. We can't get a decent storm to blow it out and once we do, it comes right back. Not to mention the other nights freezing rain storm. So cold that the rain froze instantly on the roads, driveways, sidewalks. We face north, with our driveway on a slant. It was seriously a skating rink. Treacherous. Found myself out there with a shovel for over an hour trying to break up the ice, so we could get the car into the garage. Cars did nothing but slide. Ridiculous. Anywho, amongst all that....is a few events. Just a few. Thought I would get them on here before the birthdays. Drake's was yesterday, his party will be tomorrow. Mine is on Monday. So here we go...
Along with the glorious weather is the lovely sickness that comes along with winter. Us, as well as the rest of the country has got the nasty bug going around. Somehow I was the only one to dodge it. I seemed to have it first but mine was super mild compared to everyone elses. Poor Carson, Drake and Thiago were the worst. Drake had it over New Years as mentioned, then Thiago had it, left, and came back again and Carson got it the day he went back to school from winter recess. Typical, right when he is supposed to go back. He went that first day and then I had to keep him home the next 2. Poor kid. There goes our perfect attendance. Bummer.
One thing I do love about the start of the New Year is the cleaning binge I go on. Inspires me to get into all those corners and cupboards and just go to town. I always start with a massive toy makeover. Spent 36 hours reorganizing every toy area in our house. Thiago had a couple days off so we sent the kids back to school on that first day and he and I collected a massive pile to donate and another to just plain throw out. Kids are none the wiser. Out with the old, in with the new.
It all looks so lovely...my little heart just skips a beat thinking about it.
Also starting in on my spring cleaning...started with the unfinished part of our basement. It needed some major love. Kinda my collect all for junk and things I don't want to deal with. Looking much better now. I don't want to cry everytime I walk into it, so that must be a good sign.
My babies just kinda hang out, playing with new toys.
And another one of Drakey-bug...just cause he's a cutie pie.
My mama stopped by one gloomy, blah day with a little plate of happiness. She made the kids some snowman cupcakes. Ooh yum, they were delish. I get a big charge out of sprinkles, I love the little crunch they make. And these were the little crystal kind of sprinkles, my favorite. Thanks mama!
In other exciting 7 year old news, my boy is losing teeth left and right. Both of his top front teeth have been loose for what seems like an eternity now. They were both barely hanging on by a thread. There was no way I was pulling those things, freaks me out...Thiago tried multiple times and Carson about had a hernia. We decided it wasn't worth traumatizing the kid so we just left em be. The first one finally came out this past Tuesday. He and Linc were fighting about who knows what, Linc whacked him in the face and out came that tooth. Carson was so glad to have it out he immediately forgot about the fight. Haha. Good job Lincoln, I guess. The next one came out 3 days later at school. Bit into a strawberry shortcake roll and out popped that tooth. This pic was taken before the other had come out, as you can see it is jetting out there pretty good. I will have to take an updated picture of him now without both of them. His new smile is cracking me up.
Me and my boy snuck out for a date night earlier in the month. My mother in law was taking the boys to a birthday party in Salt Lake one Saturday night, so we found ourselves with a few precious hours kidless. Lovely. Olive Garden and "Zero Dark Thirty" were just what we needed. Ahh, the braised beef tortellini. Wish I had some right now. If you guys go to Olive Garden, please get the braised beef tortellini. You will not be sorry. My friend told me about it and I have not gotten anything else there since. Dreams are made of that stuff. Yum!
Speaking of food...January always leaves me wanting to try new recipes. The craziness of the holidays are over and I start to crave home cooked meals. So I start scouring blogs and such for new recipe ideas. This was a philly cheesesteak. Yum! And so easy.
Cinnamon toast crunch muffins I made for an afterschool snack one day. Turns out my weirdo's don't like them. Only ones to eat them were me and Drake. Well whats a girl to do with 12 muffins....I guess eat em all. And share with Ashley!
Can't go wrong with good old fashioned apple crisp. Warm, right out of the oven with a good ol' scoop of vanilla icecream. Pure comfort.
And last but not least....a cousin sleep over. No school on MLKJ day so we gathered up our Lance for a little overnighter.
It was a short little sleepover, just the one night. Popped some popcorn and put on a movie with some other treats.
The next day I was going to meet up with my mom and sisters for lunch and a few errands, so I knew the boys wouldn't have a ton of time together but I wanted them to have something that would stand out to them and make the time fun. So I planned this little muffin tin breakfast picnic for that morning.
They got the biggest kick out of it. Best breakfast ever according to Carson. So it was totally worth it.
After a whole lot of playing with new Christmas toys and a little x-box play it was time to meet up with Lancey's mom.
And there you have it.....til next time friends!
Jgen.Net/Roblox How To Hack Roblox Money
6 years ago
1 comment:
Hi there sweet friend!
I loved your nice comment on my blog, and I too apologize for how long it takes me to comment these days too!!! I like you, used to check blogs daily, and now it's just kind of as I can find a moment to sit at the computer to spare. Life is just so busy. Kids sure keep you running every which way!!!
Your January looked quite full.
Love those organzing pics.
And that breakfast in the muffin tins for the boys... what a FUN idea! I will steal that for myself and you are such a fun mom and aunt. They'll always remember that cute stuff.
Hope ya have a great weekend my friend!
Post a Comment