Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Break!

Spring Break was 2 weeks ago..I've almost forgot about it, but here is my attempt to blog it. Cause I did get some fun pics.


That previous weekend had been Easter, which was fabulous. And from that we moved right on in to Spring Break. Thiago took that following Monday off so we could have one full day together with the boys to really do something fun. First up was breakfast at Sill's Cafe. Ohhh, those scones...and ohhh those calories. Can't be good. At all. But they taste so good, so what do you do...


My mother in law came with us and Thiago drove seperately from us to go and pick her up. We got a little bored while waiting for them so we sat in the parking lot taking some silly pictures.


Drake was quite the pill at breakfast. He was hungry. Drake is not a happy camper when he is hungry...takes after his mom. We were trying about everything to distract him while we waited for our food, the phone worked for a minute.


Carson was pretty mad that day I took Linc and Drake to the Treehouse Museum, I had been telling him I would take him to the Discovery Gateway Museum for a few weeks now in order to make it up to him. We decided this would be the perfect day. I had never been before, Carson has been there for a birthday party before but he was the only one of us. So we were pretty excited to check it out.












We were there for almost 5 hours. Sounds like a long time but we seriously never ran out of stuff to do. The boys just loved it. They had a pretend farm, house, grocery store, construction site, mail room. All kinds of building areas with all different sized blocks, magnets and other things. A pretend news station where the kids could be on TV and also a helicopter. We loved it.


About mid day, a whole lot of temper tantrums started happening with this little dude...he's pretty good at them. Finally got him to take a little nap, I sat down in a quiet corner with him for about an hour and watched Thiago build huge towers with the other two.

We then met my mother in law in Bountiful and left Drake with her, grabbed a quick dinner and then headed to the Jazz game. Drake would have been a nightmare there. It was a fun filled, yet tiring day...but the boys loved it.


The rest of the days were much quieter, a few fun events mixed in but for the most part just a whole lot of playing. It just did my heart good to have my oldest home for all those days. Sometimes I just miss him so much. Wonder if I will ever get over that. I keep thinking as the year goes on I will get used to having him gone all day, but we only have about 7 weeks left in the school year and I am still not used to it. Oh well. Lots of lazy mornings spent playing with his brothers.


Headed up to Brigham City one of the days to have lunch with grandma. Good old fashioned diner with hamburgers, fries, lime rickies and milkshakes.


Whenever I have quieter days I always like to experiment in the kitchen. Recently bought the six sisters cookbook, and as my Instagram friends know I have been having a little too much fun with it. These were some crazy good brownies.


I also tried my hand at yeast again. Scary, scary. This is the best spot in my house to allow it to rise. So here my little bowl sat.




My first ever batch of homemade cinnamon rolls!! Made a silly mistake when rolling them, so silly that I don't even want to tell you. Don't know how I could have been that stupid. Oh well, they still turned out beautifully. They were so super good. We took them up to my inlaws for Sunday dinner and we devoured those guys.


We also bought the boys a new swingset. Figured it was about time they had a decent one. Appearantly swingsets like this are a full week project. Thiago thought he would be able to get this bad boy put up in just one day. Hahaha!! A full week later and we finally got it.






The weather that week we were putting it up was lovely, however it has kinda been pretty sucky since then. Waiting for it to warm up so the boys' can really enjoy it.


Spring soccer started up this week as well. Drake and I enjoyed an especially warm evening outside on the blanket watching Carson practice with his team.


Sent Thiago to the store one night for a few things I needed. Big mistake. I should know better to never send him to the store alone. Came back with these idiotic straw glasses. Claims they are for the kids, but I think he enjoyed them just as much as the boys.


Priesthood session for the men was Saturday night. So Jen and the kids met up with me and Ash for a little cousin fun while the guys were gone. We all just came to my house and let the kids play. We bought them a pizza and got Olive Garden takeout for us.


Love these babies!


General Confrence the next day, which in this house means BIG yummy breakfasts. Lots of calories this day. Uh-oh!


Little Katelynn's third birthday was that weekend as well so we headed up to Jen's on Sunday night for a little birthday party. Lots of yummy food, I brought this salad I had been wanting to try. Apples and Snickers. Whats not to like.


Me and the birthday girl!

All in all it was a fun week. Got me super excited for summer. Like I want it to be here right now! Can't wait. Be back soon....

2 comments:

Krzysztof said...

cinnamon rolls - co to jest? Możecie napisać mi przepis? Z przyjemnością skorzystam

Krzysztof said...

cinnamon rolls - what is it? You can write me the recipe? We are pleased to be using.