Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Snapshots...


I may have a new favorite holiday, then again I say that after every holiday. Our Easter was just such fun this year, maybe it was the nice weather, I don't know, just felt extra lovely. This is a ridicuously long post....tons of pics, I couldn't narrow it down though, just loved all the pretty spring colors and the lighting in all the pics so you get to see them all. My silly boys, I usually have to drag them out of their beds on Sunday mornings. 9:00 church is rough. However, this morning they were up at the crack of dawn wanting to see if the Easter Bunny brought them anything. Of course he did. I told them to wait for Drakey to wake up, so sure enough they ran right into his room and were trying to wake him.


Easter Bunny did show up. My poor boys were up til midnight the night before watching for him. They climbed up on Carson's bunk and peeked out through the skylight window above our regular window, watching for the bunny. I heard them wondering if he would be driving a car or not, or how big he was, was he regular bunny size or more like a giant person size. Haha. Creepy bunny. The thought of it kinda creeps me out, but they both seemed fine.


We always get them one small toy, as well as something they need (summer pj's) and then a few small pieces of candy. Very small. They collected way to much candy in their easter egg hunts.










They were pleased as punch with their little baskets, Carson had been dying for Lord Garmedon Ninjago and Linc had been wanting that hot wheel set ever since Brev got it for Valentines.


Started a new little tradition this year with the boys. Told the boys that I had heard if you planted jelly beans the night before Easter, the next morning they grow into something magical...


I had told them this in advance and then the night before Easter I was running in a million different directions and totally spaced it, they woke up that morning, devastated that we had forgot to plant them. I lied, boy did I lie. Told them I had also heard if you forget the night before you can quick and plant them before church, then when you get home from church they will have grown. Haha. My kids buy anything, they soaked it right up. So we did just that, quick jelly bean plant right before church.


And here they are in their Easter best...doesn't their cuteness just about kill ya. Killed me, I thought they were so extra darling!!




So as I was getting Linc's vest buttoned up, he sat there wiggling around, he then looked down in absolute disgust at his vest, let out a huge sigh and said "why do you always make me wear this stupid stuff". Haha. I about died, funny kid....and so it begins. I take it he didn't like his outfit.




Me and my boys...don't ya love the color coordination. I did it on purpose of course.


Full view of my cute dress, it was a bargain too!! $15.00 friends at Bohme. I about died. It was clearance, which is crazy...usually their clearance stuff is out of season and such. Whatever. Sold!!


We got home from a lovely session of church, love Easter Sunday. First thing the boys did was check out the front porch, where we had planted our jelly beans....




DumDums!!! Hahaha!! Don't ya love that, I got the biggest kick out of it and so did they. Carson had the biggest look of astonishment on his face, just kept saying "how did that happen". Glad my almost 8 year old still believes in a little magic. Keep him young and innocent!


Thiago helped me get the boys changed out of their church clothes, while I threw one of our favorite salads together. Love a good broccoli salad. It was my job for dinner at my moms later on.


Then we headed to the Cano's for appetizers and of course an egg hunt. Tried to get a family picture. Drake wasn't interested...naptime, and he was ornery!!


Ugh...love these boys. Like so much. Love them.


My crazy, crazy boy!




Time for the egg hunt. Drake had zero interest. Just wanted to play with a soccer ball. Linc and Cars are getting to be pro's though, they got a whole ton of eggs. Guess it helps considering it was just them and our little friends the Sill's. Not too many kids.




Vovo even threw in a few fun prizes at the end.


And of course her giant chocolate eggs. Brazilian tradition, they make chocolate eggs each year and hers are the absolute best. Better than any store bought chocolate for sure!








Then onto my moms for Easter dinner. Lots of us this year, all Deans kids were there as well. Which makes 7 married couples and 24 grandkids. As well as my sweet aunt Tammy and Uncle Steve, Jill, Kyle, Tanner and Hallie. And of course Granny O.


Food is always my favorite part, roasted turkey and honey baked ham, cheese potatoes, baked beans, broccoli salad, spinach salad, fruit salads, deviled eggs, and razzleberry pie and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Oh I am so hungry typing this and thinking about it all is killing me!!


Oh my goodness!! Have some eggs!! For that many kids my mom and aunt filled up quite a few eggs as you can tell. No worries, half of them were full of money and with that many kids going at it, my tiny tots only got about 10 each!


















And that finally wraps up Easter, from Easter we move right on into Spring Break. Which was fabulous! Actually felt like spring this year, our weather has been so lovely and the boys and I have been up to some fun stuff. Stay tuned and I'll get that posted within the next week.


3 comments:

Genn said...

Looks like a great Easter for your fam!

Loved the boys cute baskets. I do the girls gifts just the same. They got baskets and both got a lite brite from the bunny as well. :)

love your darling green dress! What a find! And i love your chambray shirt too! i bought one and have not worn it yet. Seeing your pic makes me want to get mine out! :)

Cute pics Teri. Cute fam. And your boys looked DARLING all dressed up too.

Krzysztof said...

You are wonderful. Lovely and beautiful. I like for you to look. Where did you get so much energy?

Rob'n'Mon said...

What an awesome Easter! You really have a lot of great people in your life - especially an amazing family. What a lucky girl! :)