Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My 31st!

31st birthday. Came and gone. I gotta tell you my holidays are a little screwy this year. Sick as a dog all New Years and New Years Eve with my ear. Thiago gone and me working for Drake's birthday. My birthday brought some odd car trouble. Worked out in the end, but boy did it cause me some serious stress on my day of birth. Then Valentines, oh friends...that's a whole other story. Post to come. But it was a sad day. Anywho, kinda thinking my 2014 is off to a very rocky start. Hoping things settle the crap down around this Cano household. I don't deal well with unexpected change every other week. So my day started out slow, still sporting Drake's avengers birthday balloons. And his banner was up still to. Why not. My birthday deserves a dang banner, even if it was superheroes. I'm special too!

Absolutely nothing going on that morning. Besides laundry, and babysitting, and a quick run on the treadmill.

With these friends by my side...exciting stuff.

Then Thiago called with some bummer news about one of our cars. And enter stress. In the end it all worked out. I actually got myself the new car we were waiting on til next year. Chevy Traverse. Pics to come. But the actual day was spent on the phone, pricing, figuring, stressing. Ugh! A bright spot in my day was this cute little note hanging on my fridge. Carson had worked on something the night before for my birthday. Hid it under the bunkbeds so I wouldn't see it. Appearantly he was afraid he would forget it, so he wrote himself this little note as a reminder. And in case he really forgot, he had me add that bottome line on. Just in case.

Tada!! Darling. He also drew a big heart and an I love you and a princess which was supposed to be me on the back. This kid. Straight to my heart. Love him.

Finally pulled myself together and showered and got ready for my big birthday dinner. Me and my twinner.








We all met at Maddox in Brigham city. Right smack in the middle for me and Jen. We were all there. Mom and Dean. Phongsavaths, Smiths, Tammy and Hal, Granny O, Gus and Amanda. Sure missed Jill and the rest of the Cano's, but so glad for all that was there. I tell ya the older you get all that matters is the people you love. So blessed to have so many beautiful people in my corner. I'd be lost in this world without them. Love you family.

My honey surprised me with a present. A big present. One I'd been DYING for. And he used his Christmas money to buy it. Which meant even more to me. I tell ya. Love that man. So good to me.

That there kitchen aid you can see in the corner of this pic. Friends, I wanted one so bad for so very long . But dang those things are expensive. Couldn't bring myself to buy one. Love being given one though. And its my color. My aqua. Love it.

Boxed up a piece of raspberry cream pie and headed home. Put our kids to bed, and snuggled up with my love. Little dessert, little DVR. Good ending to a pretty good birthday. Considering.

And I know you wanted another look at that kitchenaid.

What a beauty!

No comments: