Friday, February 7, 2014

Drake bug is 3!

Baby bug had a birthday. So not a baby anymore. So thats a real bummer. But he sure did have a good birthday. Birthday weekend to be more exact. The fun just kept coming.




His actual birthday was on Friday the 24th but Friday's are the one full day I work. And to make it even sadder, Thiago was out of town that whole weekend. He left Thursday morning for St George for a soccer tournament he was coaching and didn't get home til Sunday morning. So we planned his party for Sunday night. But I couldn't not do anything for my sweet babe. That day he was at my mother in law's, who spoils him rotten. I wasn't worried one bit about him not having a good day. He was in the best of hands, nobody loves her babies more than my mother in law. She made him a BIG Mickey mouse pancake breakfast, took him to Dollar Tree to pick out a bunch of prizes, bought him balloons, lunch and playing at Mcdonalds, and last but not least brought all three of my boys into my work to see me. Pretty much made my day. Love her so much. Love how she loves my boys.

That night we threw a tiny little party together. My mom stopped by, and Ash and Souli and the kids and we had pizza and breadsticks together. Bought some chocolate cupcakes and stuck three candles on top and sang to our baby.

Saturday night, I didn't get any pictures. But we did have fun. My mom and Ash and the kids met up again and we all grabbed some Chick-fil-a for dinner and then went and saw "Frozen". Ash had already taken her kids, but this was the first time seeing it for us. We had watched the songs on the Ipad a million times but hadn't seen it yet. Loved it, loved it. Doesn't everyone love it though, seriously best Disney movie in a long time.

Sunday morning, bright and early we picked up our daddy bear from the airport. Sheesh, we miss that guy when he is gone. We are very much a family that likes to be together. Ask my sisters, I am the biggest baby when he is gone. Same as my kids. We just like him home.

Missed church that day cause we were picking up our dad, but it worked out okay. I had plenty of time to get the food going and to get the party all set up .




I do enjoy my kids' birthdays. Fun for me getting to host a little party. Lot of work, lot of money. But so worth it a few times a year for each of them. And I love how happy it makes them. They just love being the center of attention like that.


That's him, showing you he is three!

He kept calling this day his "second birday" exactly how he says it to "bird-day" leaves out the "th". At first I kept saying "no Drake, not your second, your third...you're three". And he would say "no, my second birday party". He was meaning his party the night before and now this one. His second birday, haha. Laughed so hard once I figured out what he meant.

Kills me how much I love him. This little surprise baby of mine. Think back to that year he was born, how did it go so fast. How is my baby so big. He is such a blessing in our lives. Still trying to figure him out, he started out as this passive, smiling, pleasant little baby but the older he gets, boy is he changing. He is firey, stubborn, relentless and so, so, so lovable. Your best friend one minute, and glaring at you the next. Can't figure out if he's more like Lincoln or more like Carson. He certainly is giving me a run for my money during his toddler years. He can be such a handful, but then those deep dark eyes look at me and get the big ol' smile, and I forget the huge hour long meltdown he just had. What a kid!

Look at his hands, just want you to know he does not give a kiss, without his little hands right up there next to your face. MELTS ME! His favorite thing to say is "I gonna give you biggest kiss" and "biggest hug". And then he stretches his arms out as far as he can and wraps them around you while saying "mmmmmmm". Holy crap, me and his dad just go crazy over it. Love him so much.


Safe to say we are just wrapped around this little guys finger. We sure love our baby.

Finally his little party showed up.

Lotsa family...

Lotsa food...I made sweet pork burritos with all the fixings. Rice and beans, and lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, salsa, sourcream, olives, etc. My sister made a big green salad, a jello salad. Tasted so good.












It was such a good birthday for my little buddy. Avengers themed of course, if you know my boy, then you know his great love is superheroes!! He thinks he is a superhero!

Woke up the next morning, got both of his brothers off to school and then him and I just sat in front of the fireplace with all his new toys. I had stayed up super late the night before cleaning up after the party. I always leave their little pile out for a few days, just so they can see it all together and enjoy it. We spent a good hour together, playing with his new telepods, and putting his puzzles together, and playing with his Superhero Smashers. The house was warm. All cleaned up. Candle burning. Dishwasher humming. Two of us in our jammies and just each other. For some reason, that is the moment that stands out to me when I think of his birthday. That quiet hour with just the two of us. Stamped in my heart. Forever and ever.

Happy birthday to my little sweetheart. It tugs at my heartstrings that he is this old, and technically I'm losing my "baby'. But oh the little boy he is turning into. He fills me with so much joy and happiness. Has such a hold over my heart. Love him.

No comments: