Friday, May 30, 2014

Mothers Day

Mothers Day was just okay this year. I don't know why. I was feeling just a little out of sorts that day for whatever reason. The weather was cold and wet. My dad was having a horrible day, just being the first Mothers Day without my grandma. My own mom was out of town and I didn't get to see her. And that happened to be the day I should have been 20 weeks along in my pregnancy. For some reason the day just got to me. Tried my best to be happy. Hello, I have three darling little boys who call me mom, and a huband who went out of his way to spoil me. So I should have been happy and go lucky, but for whatever reason my attitude was just off that day.

Anyways, there was still plenty of good that went on and made me smile. Slow morning, getting ready for church. Lil boys playing and wrestling. Multigrain pancakes made by my hubby. Handsome little boys all dressed up. Homemade cards and bookmarks and even a flower pen. Whipped up my favorite broccoli salad to take to my inlaws. Yummy BBQ with all of them. Including carrot cake, which next to pie is probably my favorite dessert!! I got surprised with my very own bike. Which I am loving. Thiago got one earlier this spring, and then we went and purchased a bike trailer for Drake. We are putting those bikes to good use so far. It has been a blast!














Even though the day was a bit off, still remains one of my most treasured days. Forever grateful for my calling to be their mom. They make my world go round. They fill my heart with the purest most powerful love I have ever known. Can't imagine not having that. They are the best thing about me. I've struggled a little bit recently, this year just has been one thing after another. Not my best by a long shot. But every day, amongst all the little trials and bumps and worries, they remain my one constant. My hugest blessing. If all is right in their little worlds, then all is right in mine. Love them to the moon and back again, over and over.

And to my own mom, they aren't words to express my love and gratitude towards her. She is more than a mother. She is my angel here on this earth. Not one person in this world do I admire more. She is who I want to become. Who I have shaped my own life after. Her love, dedication and devotion to me completely blows me away. My whole life. She is my beacon of strength and light. I owe her all that I am and all that I hope to become. Love her with all my heart.


No comments: