Okay...here is what 26 looks like. Yikes, I am soooo OLD!! How in the heck am I seriously this old. My birthday has come and gone for another year. I get so into my B-day, I don't know how long I will continue to enjoy getting older but for now I still kinda like it. I like to celebrate ALL week long. Just ask Thiago, I drag it out as long as possible. Everything Thiago asks me to do I say "No, I can't its my B-day". I definitely milk it for all its worth, as that old saying goes.
Me and my cutest little birthday presents, my 2 boys!! Carson was so funny, appearantly he doesn't think older people get birthdays. He kept not believing me and saying things like "no its not your B-day". I would say yes it is, I am 26 and he would say "no, your 4." Hmmmm....
My day was very enjoyable, we didn't really plan a whole lot. That morning I slept in, well sort of. I guess as much as a certain little baby would let me, which was 8:00. Even that felt nice though, usually I am a 6:30 or 7:00 kinda girl. We kinda just hung around the house for a little while and then Thiago got home. He only worked half a day so he could come hang out with us. When he got home we just ran a few errands and that kind of thing. I just love being with my little family, just the four of us.
That night we got together with the rest of my family and met up at Maddox. Turkey steaks...and those rolls. Gotta love it. We decided Maddox since it is in Perry and so Jen and I could just meet in the middle. Plus we love it, so it worked out very nice.
How do babies know to start fussin it up the minute your food arrives....honestly!
Lucky for me, my mom took him so I could enjoy my birthday meal.
Blowing out the candles. If you look close you can see the 2 is broke. Carson did that, he just couldn't leave them alone. I swear the next birthday Carson has all I need to get him is a box of candles. He loves em...
What do you all think of my cake. Thiago would not stop making fun of it. It is a baskin robbins icecream cake, and it was delicious. I ordered it myself on Monday and sent Thiago to pick it up for me. The girl brought it out and the jerk wouldn't stop laughing. He says it looks like a little kids cake. I don't think so!
My mom let us go to her house for cake and icecream since she lives right across the street from Maddox. The kids love it there, she has her huge basement just full of toys. It is like a dream come true for them.
Poor little Lincoln....he didn't get a whole lot of sleep that day for some reason. I got him bathed as soon as we got to my moms and then gave him to Thiago while I hurried and bathed Carson. He should have been starving, but I came back out like 5 minutes later and the poor baby was sound asleep. My birthday just tuckered him out. Well thats that...until next year. I am officially closer to 30 now then 20. Not good.
9 comments:
HEY! Aint nothin wrong with being 30!!!!!!!! I happen to love it. I think Ross and Amy do too. None of the 30 bashing - I've found life just keeps getting better and better. You continually learn more and more about yourself and you get better with age.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday party, and have Thiago give you a spanking special just from us! You look great!
Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun one!
Looks like you had such a great birthday! There is nothing better then to spend it with the people you love!
Still pretty as ever :)
I think our cake was just fine, I don't know why everyone made fun of it, it was really yellow but still cute! Thanks for getting it, I know it's silly to have us buy are own cake but I think it would have been even more pathetic having me buy it, at least you have a husband around to "pretend" like he is doing the planning. It was a great day I am glad we were able to be together for most of it.
Happy Birthday. You look gorgeous in all those pictures. I don't think you realize how pretty you are. My three boys are pretty cute themselves. Thiago included. It was a fun day. You are getting old.
I felt the same way! How fun to just spend time with your family...such a perfect day. Wow, 8 am...that is pretty good from what I hear about little babies and sleeping! Happy Belated Birthday!
I love that you found our blog. I'll have to put your link on ours. It's a great way to keep in touch. Lincoln looks so big and you just look fantastic. Not fair! Hope you had a great birthday.
birthday rule #27: one shall not by oneself a celebratory cake for one's own day of birth.
Post a Comment