Thursday, July 23, 2009

First bee sting...


Unfortunately their is a first time for everything, including bee stings. I have only gotten stung by a bee one time and I was like 15. Cars had the bad luck of experiencing this yesterday. I was inside on the phone and he was standing at our front door yelling to his friends across the street. All the sudden I hear this blood-curdling yell and hysterical crying. I hurry and hang up with my mom and run towards him. At first I thought he had pinched his arm in the door or something, as I started asking him what was wrong, I understood. He was holding his arm and saying "that bug just got me". Right away I knew it was a bee. It swelled up just a little bit afterwards which made me kinda nervous. Thiago has gotten stung quite often though and says that is normal. Within an hour it looked fine, just the little red dot where the stinger went in. Poor kid. Nothing that a bandaid, juice, and his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse couldn't cure. Oh well, not his first battle wound and it certainly won't be his last.

2 comments:

TW said...

Ouch, so sorry Carson. It sure sounds like you were a big boy and I'm glad you are not allergic to them.

Eric and Jenny said...

Poor little guy that is so sad. Remember last year when I was staying with Gran and I got stung outside her house, it hurt like crazy. That was my first time too, I never knew it could hurt so bad. Now I know I have every right to be terrified of them like I am.