Yep, its official. Our house is for sale. It all kinda happened extremely fast and I am still going back and forth about whether it is the right thing to do....but here we go. We have another house that we have put an offer on (with the contingent that our house sales) so we will see how things go. We listed our house on Wednesday night and already had 3 walk-throughs yesterday. Who knows if anything will come of them, but at least we are getting some interest. We had planned on putting it up for sale maybe next spring, but we have admired our hopefully new house for awhile now and all the sudden it came up for sale. We set up an appointment to walk through just out of curiosity and fell in love. So we decided to go ahead and see what happens. Even if we don't end up getting our house that we want, we are still go to sell this one and look for something just a little bigger. We are just outgrowing our little starter home.
Here is my little home...I am posting pictures for two reasons. First, if any of you know of someone interested in a small home in the Clearfield area, please show them this post. Second of all, when we do sell it and are no longer living here I want to be able to look back and remember. So many incredible moments and memories we have made under this roof. I truly have loved this home.
Our beautiful yard...I love, love, love our yard. Alot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into this thing. Literally, we have worked so hard to get it the way it is now. Hard to walk away from that.
Entryway and foyer with stairs leading down to the basement.
Kitchen and semi-formal dining with sliding door leading out to backyard.
Family room.
Master bedroom....
Master bath...
1st bedroom/office
2nd bedroom
Kids bathroom
A few shots of the unfinished basement....plenty of room to grow and expand down there.
So there you have it. Breaks my heart to think of leaving. We have LOVED this house and have shared some of my most treasured moments here. We started our lives together here, brought both of our babies home to this house. Shared holidays, birthdays, lazy summer afternoons. It will feel like we are leaving a piece of us behind when we leave. However, it is time. We feel certain that this is the next step for our little family. So with a whole lot of faith, that little sign now stands in our yard. Like it or not.
8 comments:
So sad! But so exciting as well, you'll have to let us know if you will still be close by or not.
Your house is beautiful and you've kept it up so nice, I'm sure it will sell in a hurry!
How exciting in a way! I loved moving into my house and we plan to stay here a couple more years and then get something bigger too. Crazy!!! I love your house though, its beautiful!!
Good luck. I'm sure you won't have a problem selling a house as cute as that. You sure have an eye for decorating. Your house is darling.
Your house looks really cute! It's a big decision to sale, Benton and I have thought about it too, but I think we're staying! I hope you sell it fast, it sounds like you will, since you've had so many people already look at it!
Ilove it. I have loved your home like it was my own. Everything is beautiful. I for one am excited about the move considering where the new house is located. But I know what you mean about leaving your home. It took care of you all these years.
how exciting and stressful at the same time. hope it goes well! new houses are so fun!
WHAT?!? Holy crap! That is exciting, and so stressful so I feel ya there. It's possible to feel those two emotions at the same time.. Sometimes we have to close a door to open a new one!
Holy Cow! I cannot believe it, what a big step in life...isn't it crazy how fast life seems to change? I hope everything wprks out for you, where is the house you are looking at? I would love to see pictures! I can't wait to get back and come see all your guys new houses, and how cute they are, then you can give me some help on mine! I am so excited to see what happens, remember to keep me posted!
Post a Comment