Whatcha think?? Cute. I think it turned out cute. So does Carson. And I am loving that smell of gingerbread lingering in my kitchen, cause you know Carson isn't allowing us to throw this baby out. Nope, it will remain in our prescence until the big day has come and gone. We had alot of fun that night over at my inlaws decorating our little houses. It has become a yearly tradition.
My mother in law got held up with a few things that night and called us and told us to come just a little bit later than we had originally planned so we had a little bit of time to kill.
You know what that means.....picture time
I decided to throw the baby in the bath so I didn't have to do it later that night, and then I dressed him in these jammies. If you recall these are the jams I bought him on our Island Park trip. And OH.MY.HEAVENS. he was cute!!! So out came the camera.
A baby Drake, Christmas tree, cute jams...a definite photo opp
Whats that...you want to see a close up of that little bum
ok, here you go. Moose Caboose. For the love of all things cute. I swear this kid turns me to mush. Poor kid and all the kisses he has to endure from his mama. Can't help myself, he is scrumptious.
I finally put my camera down and set the poor kid free. We then headed upstairs where I started to read the boys a few Christmas books. Carson lost interest (which is weird for him) and started to take pictures with my camera. I of course put a stop to this, but as I was deleting his other pictures this one popped out at me. I thought it was kinda cute, so I am showing it to you guys...
We then gathered our stuff together and headed up to my inlaws, Thiago had soccer practice that night so he just met us up there.
Let the decorating begin.
I have a confession to make about gingerbread houses. Every year I tell myself I am going to just stand back and let my kids have at it. I start off okay, just quietly sitting next to them, cringing everytime they place a piece of candy out of sequence. However my need for all things pretty gets the better of me, and pretty soon I am knocking their hands out of the way and just completely taking over. This year, I tried my very darndest to NOT do this. If Lincoln wanted to place a frito right in the middle of the roof, I just let him. Appearantly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree though, cause the second Carson saw him do that he ripped it right outta there. Gotta love my Cars, he is a lot like his mama.
He was so proud of his end result.
Of course my favorite part of events is always the food. My mother in law made us a huge breakfast "dinner". We had potatoes, and scrambled eggs, and quiche, and ham and sausage...and for dessert. Crepes, and not just any crepes. Crepes with fresh raspberries and strawberries. Kill me now. They were so good.
It was a good night.
6 comments:
what precious memories!
can i just say i wanna smooch that little drakey boy! i don't even hardly know you teri, well besides AFCU...but i feel like i do because of blogging. i just think your kids are so darling.
Those jammies and those slippers and that cute face no wonder you had to take some pictures. Oh he looks so kissable and squeezable makes me miss the little guy.
I laughed and laughed that Carsy is taking over where his momma left off. I can imagine a Frito in the middle of the roof would not go far under his eye. Poor Linc doesn't stand a chance with Teri and Teri Junior!
Those jammies are to die for!!! So cute! Love your house it looks better than ours lol
fun times. I love making gingerbread houses with the kids. I am the same way I really want it too look just right but somewhere along the way us moms will let go right???? Happy Holidays!
How fun is that!?! ...and next time she makes those yummy crepes, whip up vanilla pudding with half & half and 1 t almond extract and roll it inside them (put your berries in there, too, or make a sauce with them). Makes a good thing even better!
Moose caboose!! Love that.
Fun and festive post.
Love the pic of you reading to the boys. It's nice to capture those moments.
Post a Comment