Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A look at the 3 year old....

I should have gotten this post up a few weeks ago, but better late than never. For documenting purposes here is a glance at my Lincoln boy at three years old.



1. Who is this kid. Seriously, where does he come from. I have never known another child quite like him. He is in a league all his own. One second I am so exasperated by him, I am almost in tears. The next he has me laughing hysterically and kissing his sweet cheeks. He is one of a kind.

2. Everything he does, he does BIG. Whether it is his imagination at work or the temper tantrum he is throwing....there is no half way with Lincoln. It is all or nothing.

3. One volume and that is loud. As the cashier at Walmart last week so kindly pointed out to me. (As if I didn't already know this) It is always great to have a complete stranger point out to you that your child is a handful. Really lady, I hadn't noticed..


4. He is an early riser. He awakes with the sun, which can sometimes make for a really long day. Especially considering he no longer takes naps (naps, ha...whats that). This being said he is also really easy to get to sleep at night. I think he even wears himself out and the minute his head hits that pillow he is out.

5. Has to be tucked in each night. Thiago always lays with him as he is falling asleep, but before that I have to tuck him in. He needs a kiss and a hug (from me and baby Drake), shamu has to be tucked in next to him. He tells me he loves me and to dream about the angels (which is what daddy tells him) and then he is out.

6. Also loves to say his prayers. We have all pretty much given up on giving the prayers at meal time. Lincoln has kinda taken over on that one.



7. He is a go getter that is for sure, but he is also a definite cuddle bug. Out of my three kids he is probably the snuggliest. Go figure. He loves to be held tight and snuggled in.

8. Is definitely my child when it comes to temperature. The kid is always cold, just like his mama. The minute we walk in the house, he grabs his blanket and plops himself right in front of the fireplace. And oh boy, you should hear the way he carries on when he gets out of the shower or bath...I'm cooooolldd!!!

9. Has The greatest laugh you will ever hear. It is deep and full and radiates pure happiness. His eyes just come alive when he laughs. So much that it feels as if he is literally piercing my heart. I love to watch him laugh, has a way of making all feel right in the world again.


10. Loves to get a rise out of people. Good or bad. He loves to make people laugh and to entertain, but he also knows just how to push your buttons. Just ask Elle Bell.

11. Man does this kid love his toys. He is a toy lover. Doesn't matter what it is..Chuggers, Batman, Transformers, Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Cars...I could go on and on. I get my moneys worth out of toys when it comes to Lincoln. They are his best friends in life, which is good cause sometimes by the end of the day he has burned all his other allies and the only friends he has left are his toys. Ha!

12. Is actually turning into a pretty decent eater. Not great but good. His favorites are pancakes, toaster strudels, ALL fruit, turkey sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, any kind of soup, popcorn, cheese and CANDY. Oh my goodness, he loves his candy...just ask his dentist. We have had a rude awakening and have discovered my boy has some pretty weak teeth. Candy has become very limited.

13. He has a great ability to go on and on and on. Once he has got something in his head, he does not forget it. He throws some of the greatest temper tantrums in history. It seriously makes me want to pull my hair out. Instead, I pick him up, take him to his room and shut the door. Where he proceeds to scream and throw random items at his closed door and tell me he doesn't like me. This goes on for about 30 minutes, multiple times a day. It is awesome, really gets my day off to a good start.



14. He is a daddy's boy. This kid worships the ground his dad walks on. Carson has always been more of a mama's boy but Lincoln is all his dads. The minute he hears that garage door at the end of the day, that is it for him and I. He is his dads little shadow for the rest of the night. No one can get him to mind the way Thiago can, or laugh the way Thiago can...his dad brings out the absolute best in him.

15. He loves those brothers. As my boys get older, I am noticing the age difference between him and Cars alot less. They are stuck to each others sides during the day, it about kills Lincoln when Carson goes to school. The highlight of his day is when we go to pick him up . I truly believe he would follow that older brother of his to the end of the earth.

16. Not to leave out Drakey bug, but he loves him just as much. Always shows his most tender side when he is dealing with his baby brother. Don't you mess with that brother of his either, or Lincoln will tell you where to go. Unless of course Drake is going after his toys...then it is a whole other story.

17. Loves to play games on our phones. Loves it. We have to limit it each day, cause he is kinda out of control. And like every thing else in life, if the game is going to slow, or Lincoln doesn't win, or it is not responding to his every demand the phone gets chucked at the wall. Oh for the love.....



18. I've got a soft spot for this boy of mine. I really do, he completely unnerves me more often than not. However those golden brown eyes just do me in. He wraps his little legs around me and lays his head on my shoulder when he is trouble and I just melt. He melts me.

19. He is one smart cookie. He has always been an early talker. I swear he has been speaking full sentences for years now. He catches on to things so quick. He was an early crawler, walker, talker, etc. Sometimes I can't believe he is almost 4 years younger than Carson. He is just right there with him on so many things. Really mature for his age...ya know, except for the tantrums and all.

20. Oh this boy. Words can't even express the way I feel about him. Right now, at this point in my life I really do feel as if some days he is my biggest trial. He just has so much life to live and he is so hard to keep up with. Every day I pray for the patience and the understanding and the know how to raise him. However, I also feel that out of my three boys he has taught me the most. He teaches me to find the joy and laughter in the simplest of things, he teaches me to never give up, to never settle, to never accept other peoples crap. He teaches me to live life to the fullest and to meet all challenges head on. He has opened my eyes. I thank my father in heaven every single day that this boy is mine. He is larger than life, he has a fire deep within him that I pray he never loses. He has so many qualities that I admire (we are just trying to fine tune them). I absolutely cannot imagine my life without him. He is the light and laughter of our home and we love him more than anything.

Love you Lincoln Reginaldo...you are our little Rinkin Rano Fano, and we would be lost without you.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Ugh...you always make me tear up Ter! I love to read how much you love these little one! What lucky boys they are to have you as a mommy

Eric Smith said...

What a great post!

I went from laughing to crying. All of those things are so perfectly Lincoln. His deep laugh and deep voice always get me laughing. I love the sound of his "Hi Jenny", it melts me on the spot. No wonder he melts his momma. Funny how kids come with the good and the bad and the good stuff always outweighs the not so sweet stuff. I often wonder if Luke is a daddy's boy and Lance is a mommy's boy because our temperaments are more the same. Lance is so much like me it's a little freaky and Luke pushes my buttons so often. Anyway just a thought.

Love you little Lincoln boy! You are one of a kind but a treasure that's for sure.

Eric Smith said...

Oh sorry it's me that darn Eric logged on to my computer.

I will have to put a stop to that!

Clemments Family said...

OH he is so stinkin cute, reminds me of my Ashton, not looks, but just the way he is.