Oh, this boy. What am I going to do with him. Just thought I would pop in and share a few of his latest happenings. One thing for certain is he keeps our home popping. There is never a dull moment with this kid around. He makes me laugh and cry all in the same moment.
Story #1...a little background. For some reason this kid has a thing with arms. You know that spot right above your elbow where your arm is smooth and soft, he loves this spot. Ever since he was tiny, when we hold him or rock him, he will find this spot on your arm and not let go. It's a security for him, crazy, I know. I can't tell you how many times I am laying by him and he will say in that deep, raspy little voice of his "give me your arm". So funny.
Anywho, the other day he was sitting next to Thiago on the couch watching "Power Rangers". It was a commercial with a bunch of young girls who were all singing. He pulls a disgusted face and says to Thiago "those are girls (pronounced gwerls), I hate girls. I only like phones....and arms". Seriously, seriously. What a freaking weirdo. Phones and arms.
Next up (here he is featuring his church clothes and a pair of my shoes, lovely).
Beware this one is rated PG-13. I debated whether or not to share this one, but in the end I decided it was too classic and I don't want to forget it. So you have been warned. I am raising a bit of a devil child.
A couple of Saturdays ago I had a baby shower to attend. Thiago had a soccer game that night and has a hard time taking the kids with him. Cars is fine, Linc is not. He wanders off and creates problems. We decided that I would take Cars and the baby with me to the shower and Thiago would just do his best with Lincoln at the game. At the last minute Thiago's parents rearranged their schedules and took Lincoln with them instead. They decided to take him bowling and then to Mcdonalds.
Being the great grandparents they are they took Lincoln inside to eat and let him play in the play area. All was going well, until a young boy started creating problems on the slide. The boy was about 5 or so and about twice the size as my tiny tot. Lincoln might be big in personality, but I have petite children and this kid towered him. The boy had a car and was standing at the bottom of the slide, trying to roll his car up. Lincoln was trying to go down and this boy was in his way. If you know my kid, you know he does not handle things like this well. He starts yelling at the kid to move, and not in a nice voice. Next thing my inlaws know this kid is throwing that toy car at Lincoln where it smacked him right in the head. Left a mark above his eyebrow and everything. He freaked. Started yelling and bawling. My father in law (who is the most over protective person you will ever meet, especially when it comes to his namesake) jumped up and starting shouting "who does this kid belong to". My mother in law said she thought he was going to punch the kid himself, he was so dang mad. Luckily, the parents claimed him and made him apoligize.
Lincoln and his Vovo's left, all a little upset. They got Lincoln settled down and in his carseat and started talking to him about his owie and how that wasn't nice of that kid. Here is what Lincoln had to say about the matter.
And I qoute
"I hate that stupid kid, I am going to take his pants, and take his shirt and kick his a...". Yep, word for word.
Now, I may think a cuss word in my head every now and then, but I sure as heck try not to talk like that in front of my kids. Their dad on the other hand, lets a few choice words slip out every now and then. However, he doesn't use that phrase.
The other day the kids were watching the first Transformers (yes, I let them watch it, after this incident maybe not anymore), anywho I have seen it a million times but never really payed much attention. Until all the sudden one of the autobots was saying "kick his a..". Ah-hah. Thats where that phrase came from. Now, the stealing of the kids pants and shirt, well I don't know about that. That one he can claim as his own. No more Transformers is all I have to say. Ha!
And that my friends, is my Lincoln. The kid is a firecracker. I sure do love him.
3 comments:
Ter I just know we shouldn't laugh but it is just one of those stories I am about die from every time I think of it. The tears seriously roll down my face in shock and humor. Where in the world does that kid come from? I am betting his Papa Jeff may have a little to do with a potty mouth too! And sometimes I can't figure what's funnier Lincolns reaction or Regi's, both so perfectly priceless.
Thanks for a good laugh this morning I tell ya that story gets me every time.
Oh Teri, it is kinda funny. Only because they don't realize what they are saying and it just rolls out of their mouth so innocently. That little Linc is personality plus.
Hope ya all have a nice weekend. :)
He reminds me so much of Ashton, I love it. He is so cute and I loved this post.
Post a Comment