Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Dad

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
"A dad is a son's first hero, and a daughter's first love."
"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them." I love my own dad a crazy amount, I know he has always done the best he can do, and loves me in the best way he knows how to but to be honest I never truly understood the depth between a father and his child until I watched the man I love become a dad. There are so many traits and qualities that I love about my husband but above all I love the kind of father he is. It comes as natural to him as breathing. He loves with his whole heart and soul and everything he has and is. I truly believe that is the only way he knows how to. I love the warmth of his voice when he consoles them in the middle of the night, I love the way his eyes shine and come alive the minute one of their names is mentioned, I love the way they fit in his big, strong arms. I love that he is their favorite, you'ld think this would bum me out but no, not at all. I love that there is someone out there that loves them as much as I do. My boys are truly the center of his universe, his pride and joy, the reason behind everything he does. He teaches me every single day how to have patience, flexibility and most of all unconditional love. We are so incredibly blessed to have him leading our family. He keeps us tucked close to his side, always protected and safe and oh so loved. We couldn't love anyone more. Happy Fathers Day to the greatest man I have ever known. All my love babe.... your girl

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I must be in a mood today but for some reason this has me really crying.

Love that Theo, he is the best. Happy father's day, Ter make it a good one for him he deserves it....

Shanna said...

would you quit making me cry! gosh!!

such a precious post.

Clemments Family said...

I loved this. I knew Thiago would be a wonderful Dad, he is an amazing person. Happy Father's Day to him!

Maria said...

WITH ALL THE YEARS SEEN THIAGO GROWING AND BECAME A MAN, FATHER, HUSBAND AND BEST FRIEND TO HIS GIRL THIS IS A PAY OFF FOR A MOTHER AND FATHER TO SEE HIS BOY BEING APRECIATED BY HIS GIRL AND FAVOR BOYS,

LOVE YOU SON
HAPPY FATHERS DAY