Friday, August 10, 2012

10 on 10

10 pictures taken throughout 10 hours on the 10th of each month. I warn you...BORING! I worked all day. So hard coming up with 10 pictures when you spent the majority of your day staring at a computer screen. I did my best.
Alright...lets get serious here. I gotta tell you I have the utmost respect and admiration for those mama's out there who are working outside of the home full time. I do not know how you ladies do it all. Saturdays for me are a piece of cake. I get up, get myself ready and walk out the door. My husband is usually still asleep, my kids are usually still asleep and if not he is home handling it all. He changes the diapers right off, fills the sippies, gets breakfast going and all I have to do is walk out the door for a few hours. Fridays, oh Fridays. Thiago leaves our house at 6:00 am, so he is of zero help to me. I wake up, get ready, pick up house, throw in laundry, pack kids bag, change a baby, grab some juice, load all kids up in car, drive the 40 minute roundtrip to my mom in laws to drop off kids and be to work by 8:00 am. Work all day. Come home with my mind exhausted and scramble for the rest of the night to get my home, dinner and kids back on track. I do this one day a week, I DO NOT know how those mama's do it full time. Like I say, complete admiration for you all. Needless to say, I snapped this first picture to show you all my hairdo for Fridays. Its called slap it back in a day old pony and call it good. Yep, super lazy on Fridays.
Sweet, sleepy boys. They are always so tired on the way to Vovo's. Lincoln and the baby usually fall back asleep on the way there. Not this morning. Cars and Linc were looking pretty groggy, while my babe was wide awake. Back there jabbering the whole time. "Mama, mama, mama", every two seconds. Sweetest voice I've ever heard.
And here we are, right on time.
I always go home on my hour lunch. Usually use the time to get some household things done. However today I sat down to eat this first. My sweet mother in law packed me a little lunch when I dropped off the boys. Chicken salad sandwich and cherries. And of course my coke. She is so good to me. Love you Maria!
Watered my flowers. I have these flower boxes right off my patio stairs. Geraniums fill them. Oh, life's little pleasures. I see them out my kitchen windows daily and oh they make me happy.
See ya later house.
We were ridiculously busy and shorthanded so before I knew it six o'clock was almost here.
Home now. Cooking dinner with one arm, a baby in the other arm. I wouldn't have it any other way. Home is my happy place.
Oh boy. Thanks to a very sweet instagram friend we had a new recipe. Mini taco cups. Delicious. And so, so easy.
And down time....finally. With my boys...and their monkey sock hats. In August. Thats cool, thats how we roll. Til' next month friends.

4 comments:

Genn said...

Cute pics Teri. I love it when my work days just sail by too !
And those taco cups look amazing!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Well it was stormy last night so I think the sock monkey hats were weather appropriate!

I can't wait to try the taco cups, both ways sounded so good.

Hope today goes well and you guys are not so shorthanded but at least it's Saturday!

Clemments Family said...

You look darling with your hair pulled back. Your Fridays are my days everyday. I work 5:45 to 3, so its quite the process.

Those Taco things look sooooo yummy, I'm going to add them to my menu.

Tiff and Chris said...

Love the pictures! The mini tacos look delish. I'm pretty impressed with all you accomplished on your lunch break.