You poor, poor blog. You are being so neglected lately. I'm sorry. To much going on and unfortunately you keep coming up dead last. Here we are...a full month late on this post. Better late than never. A look at my oldest boy at 7 years old. 20 fun facts about this handsome little fella.

1. Where do you come from? Clearly your dad. The goodness of your heart utterly amazes me. You are the kindest, most gracious, most selfless, most empathatic little person I have ever known. I am truly inspired by you every single day. You show me what it truly means to love others...with your whole heart. I am in awe of your ability to love.
2. My boy, I am so sorry to tell you this but you are an organize freak just like your mama. You carry that freak flag boy, carry it proud. Your toys have to be just so, your paperwork has to be just so, doors have to be shut, little items lined up, everything has an order and a place.
3. You love you some chocolate. Chocolate cake with thick frosting, double fudge brownies, Hershey bars, Dove bars, Symphony bars. Straight chocolate. No chocolate milk though, you don't like chocolate milk.

4. Takes you a good 45 minutes to an hour to get going every morning. You like to wake up and wander into my bed and watch your cartoons for a good hour before you are ready to face the world. Don't mess with you during this time.
5. You require 10-12 hours of good sleep each night. Enough said.
6. My heavens do you have an imagination and you are not afraid to use it. Very rarely do you sit and watch TV. Handheld games and video games. Never. Not your thing. Your mind is full of imaginary play and you use it every single day. All day. And that Lincoln boy follows your every move.

7. I swear you are an adult trapped in that little body. You are so ridiculously responsible. I have to remind myself every day that you are just a little boy and don't expect to much out of you. I just forget sometimes, cause I know I can trust you with anything.
8. On that note, you are the ideal older brother. Oh how those brothers admire and look up to you. They would follow you to the ends of the earth. And oh how proud I am of the example you set.
9. Toys of interest. Power Rangers Samurai's, Superhero, mainly Avengers, Angry Birds,Legos and of course Transformers. You blend in and out of all your other interests, except Transformers. They remain your one true love.

10. You thrive on contact, praise, and affection. You have one of the most tender hearts I have ever known. And as your mama, I am afraid I go out of my way to shelter that little heart and protect it.
11. To go along with that, you are incredibly emotional. You wear your feelings right on your sleeve.
12. Soooo very good with your hands. You can do anything with your hands. You are so patient, calm and enduring. You will sit for hours and put together your Lego cities. All on your own. No help required. It amazes me.

13. You love nice things. You truly see the beauty and simplicity in everything around you. You love bright colors, nature, beauty, cleanliness and order. Nothing gets by you, you are very detail oriented and observant.
14. You are so well rounded and willing to try everything. Nothing scares you. You just go at things, head on, no fear. Love that about you. Even if you don't have a whole lot of interest, you are always willing to give it a try. And not once do you ever complain.
15. You are a people pleaser without a doubt. This sometimes worries me. You hate to disappoint others, and you carry around the guilt when you do.

16. You get along with everyone you meet. You can find common ground and interest in everyone you meet. You have many friends because of this. However, I am so pleased to say your two best friends remain your cousins. Lance and Brevin. Especially Lance. Your eyes just come alive when the two of you are together.
17. Turning into a great eater. Your favorites include: chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers, scrambled eggs, waffles/pancakes, taco's, any type of potato, potato salad, peanut butter sandwiches and MEAT. You are most certainly a carnivore. Steak, steak, steak.
18. You are excited for first grade. At least you are trying to be. I know you are very nervous about being gone from me all day long, and to be honest...I'm nervous too.

19. You struggle with nightime. Have for awhile now. That active imagination of yours often gets carried away when the lights go out. It is a constant struggle for you and for us as your parents. We are working on it.
20. Next to your dad, you are my best friend. Your brothers are still alot of work for me. They exhaust me and are hard to keep up with. However, from the time you could walk and talk you have always been my little companion, my confidant, my friend. I ask your opinion all of the time, I treasure our little talks and conversations, I thrive on your companionship. I'll be honest my boy, the thought of the upcoming school year leaves me with dread. The thought of being without you all day long hurts my heart. You are an absolute joy to this family. You feel our home with peace, love and happiness. I am so proud of the little person you are and can't even stand how much I love you. It is an honor being your mom and I love you so. It has been a phenomenal 7 years with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment