Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Potty Champ!

3 days and no accidents...are we there yet? I am going to go with a big fat YES!! I am the proud new mother of a very potty trained little boy. He did so awesome, I still can't believe how lucky I got this time. We have tried a few times leading up to this point, and I just couldn't get him interested or excited about it. I finally decided enough was enough and he was getting trained whether he wanted to or not. The first two days were kinda rough, but basically after that it was smooth sailing.

Bribery does wonders!! Every time he would sit up on his potty he got to choose a piece of candy, when he actually had success he got to choose one of the toys up on the shelf. Worked like a charm.


You can't potty train without sticker charts...



And here is the little champ now...he tells me every single time he has to go. As I mentioned we haven't had one, not even one accident in 3 days. He is a potty expert in less than a weeks time. I am so proud. Alot of things make me happy in life, but seeing my little guy actually becoming potty trained...well it does my heart good. Love that little guy!

17 comments:

The Mashy Family said...

Yeah! I knew he would get it after awhile. Three days is the magic number!

Brea Marie said...

Nice job! I am a firm believer in bribery too! Whatever works, right? We bribed Brooke with a Dora party. Worked like a charm. I planned it for when my parents happened to be coming in town, so Brooke thought they came all the way for her party. She still talks about it to this day. She has asked if we can have another Dora party. All we did was have a Dora cake with Dora ice cream (which is actually named Dora- it's strawberry banana ice cream) on Dora Plates with Dora napkins. Crazy how little things mean so much to our kids. I sure wish I would have done it before having DaKoda though. Good job getting it done early! It was tough there for a while with 2 in diapers. Hope he continues doing great!

Ashley and Devan said...

You have good bribes! I love the bribing system, works like a charm. Good Job Carson!

Jamie said...

Oh Sweet! My kids took forever! My sister in law is having a boy Nov. 30 and naming theirs Lincoln as well. Such a cute name! I can't believe we are all turning 26 soon, it's crazy. My husband will be 30 this Nov.but me turning 26 sounds even scarier

Jill said...

Yeah Carson! I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it, your so smart. Won't it be nice to not buy diapers for a little while. Tell Carson Hallie said Congrats!!!

Nick and Stacey said...

Yeah, that was one of my proudest days as a parent! And the hardest thing I have had to do, but the rewards are amazing! Way to go Carson!

TW said...

Yeah Carson!!!! Tell him I am so proud of him. It's kind of sad in a way, to me that is the end of being a baby and on to being a big boy. Where does the time go.

Bentleys said...

Yeah! Good job Carson and Mom!! Potty Training is the worst glad he did so well!!

Rob and Melanie said...

Thats awesome!! We are trying the sticker thing with Tyler, but since he's not even two years old yet I don't really think he'll master it yet. I'll keep trying though. Bryan is deteremined for him to be potty trained.

Melissa said...

yeh! that is a great obstical to overcome before you have another one in diapers. that was my goal, 1 child had to be out of diapers before I had another baby. great job mom, cause it is just as hard for us as it is for them!

Clemments Family said...

YAY Teri! I am excited for you, because boy did I struggle with Jax and Ash has been a piece of cake. And not having to buy diapers for 2 in the best thing ever.

Eric and Jenny said...

Allright send Carson on up here, him and Lance need to have a serious discussion on the benefits of using the potty, heaven knows I am not doing a good job. Or better yet I will just send you Lance for the next week, get it done for me would ya? Good job Carsy I am so proud of you!

AMES said...

Yay for Carson!! I HATE potty training. It is my least favorite part of motherhood. I think your cute little "toy shelf" is adorable. We always bribe with toys too - but to have them up on a shelf where they can visualize the prize is brilliant. You are a good mom. Well done, Teri!

Aleese and Scott said...

That is amazing!! I am very scared for the day that I have to potty train Barrick. I love his little charts!

JOHNICA said...

O he is so cute! I bet he was a sweetheart through the whole thing

Melissa said...

Kudos to you! Seriously potty training tests your patience as a mother. Blaise just pooped for the first time in the toilet yesterday and I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. You will love not having to do double diaper duty when the baby is born.

Souli & Ashley said...

You will never now how proud I am of my little Cars. I love seeing him in his little undies he is so cute and skinny. Good job Carson keep it up. I hope Brevin is as easy when the time comes.