Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The BIG....



He was born June 21, 2005....I blinked, and he was 5. Seriously, my baby is five. I remember clear as anything, the day he was born. It was hot, so hot. I had been sleeping in Thiago's HUGE T-shirts, cause they were the only thing that fit, we slept with the air blasting the whole night, fans going, and no covers. Me, who is freezing ALL the time, just could not get cool. I was so big, so uncomfortable. My due date kept getting closer and closer and it was pretty evident that this kid was in no hurry. But guess what, mom was in a hurry, dad was in a hurry...we wanted to meet this little guy who was consuming our hearts and minds for the past 9 months. So when my due date came and my Dr. said lets induce. I jumped for joy and got ready to meet my first little love. Labor and delivery was a breeze, and before I knew it I was a mom. Sitting there gazing into the eyes of my newborn, emotions I had never felt before. I was completely smitten with him, couldn't believe how blessed I was to call this tiny little baby mine.




Fast forward....June 21, 2010 and ya know what...I am still smitten. So is his dad. We can't believe this little kid is ours. He is the one who taught me what it meant to love someone else more than you love yourself. He is the perfect little combination of his dad and me, in looks and personality. He has got a little bit of both of us in there, the good parts of both of us. I thank my father in heaven every day for this little boy. We love him, more than life itself.

So we celebrated, oh yes we did. Birthdays are a big deal in this house. Here's how his day played out...



Breakfast with Vovo..


Thiago's dad had to work that night, but he is pretty much the best grandpa out there and couldn't stand that he was missing it. So the two of them went to breakfast together and opened his present. He loved it...so did I, can't tell you how many times he has dropped the dang thing and I have been stuck picking them up. And Lincoln, he is relentless in trying to get a hold of it...its in permanent hiding.



Swimming....












Thank heavens for some nice weather...Cars had his heart set on swimming and wasn't going to settle for an indoor pool. It was perfect. My children are fish they could live in the water.



The party....


We had balloons...


good food....


and of course presents...







and all of our family.




Carson enjoyed every minute of opening his presents, not going to lie this was the moment he had been waiting for. He's five, of course he is going to be all about those presents.





He also enjoyed his pinata. It was a Star Wars themed party...and quite honestly I wasn't planning on a pinata. Until a few days before and Carson asked when I was going to get his pinata, luckily we were at Walmart while he was having this revelation and low and behold they had a Spiderman pinata. So guess what came home with us....yep, Spidey.




Maria made his cake...you will never do store boughten cakes again once you have tried hers. They are extra special.


It was a great day celebrating an absolutely perfect little boy. Happy, happy birthday my love...we love you more than you will ever know. You are a ray of sunshine in our lives, you bring us so much happiness and we are so very grateful to be the ones you call mom and dad. We hope you had a spectacular day and that all of your little birthday wishes come true. Love always, mom and dad!

11 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday little friend... He is such a sweet boy I love him to death! Thanks for the fun party you are always so nice to let us come. Your yard was beautiful and the food was great. Thanks again.

Bentleys said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love it, all of the pictures look like all the kids had a blast! Love Birthday's!!!

Candace said...

Wow! I can't believe Carson is 5 either. I swear it was just a short time ago that you had him and we were up at the hospital visiting! Well I hope that cute little guy had the very best birthday a five year old can have!

Tammy said...

What a fun day!! It looks like everything went well and you all had a blast!

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Carsy boy, you are such a special boy. I don't think there is anybody out there that doesn't just adore him, his little personality is just so captivating. Sorry you had a bad day today Ter, love you, July will be a better month, only a week left of this stupid June.

Clemments Family said...

Happy Birthday Carson! Time does fly. He is adorable Teri and I agree about the little bit of you and Thiago, I can see both of you in him. Love your post!

TW said...

Happy Birthday again Carson. What a fun day you had. Thanks for being one of the most special little boys I have ever know...I hope to be just like you one day. Love all the pictures Teri...that camera is being good to you, hey?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carson!! You are a very lucky boy to have such a great mommy and daddy!

Ashley and Devan said...

Looks like he had the perfect day! Happy 5th Carson!

Rob and Bri said...

What a party! I can't let my little girl see this post or she'll think I'm a terrible mom. ;) He is such a cute little guy and you are great parents. Looks like it was a fun day :) BTW, it was so good to see you the other day at Dee's shower. I think we should get together more often.

Nick and Stacey said...

So fun! Its crazy how fast time flies! That boy is super cute! Looks like a fun filled day and more! What a good mom you are, all the work you put into making that boys day special! Cant wait to see you guys!