Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blah, blah, blah...

Well, I would love to get on here and show you all the many wonderful summer activities our family has been up to. You know things like boating, BBQ's, swimming, the Zoo etc...


But no, I got nothing. Not a single ounce of fun...just a whole bunch of blah, blah, blah.



Here you go, get ready...this is what I have been up to.


Endless cleaning and straightening up...I wish I was someone who could just let things go. I wish I didn't feel the need to wipe down my kitchen everytime someone gets a drink of water or that I wasn't constantly fluffing my pillows and stressing about people laying on them. I wish I could pass the rug in my laundry room without fixing the tassles, I wish once in awhile I could leave my house with dishes in the sink or beds not made. But no, no matter how hard I try....I am just not one of those people. I am sure my houseguests think I am an absolute whacko, they probably feel as if they are walking on eggshells...but oh well. I am what I am.




Camp, camp, and more camp. For heavens sakes I didn't realize the effort and work that goes into this calling. I am exhausted, and the really big stuff is coming in these next 2 weeks. Soon enough this will all be over with and life can get back to normal. (I better say that I am grateful for the calling, and the experience it is giving me. I should try and be a little positive cause I do believe that all callings are divine inspiration. I just hope I am directed towards something else as soon as this year is done. I DO NOT LIKE CAMPING).


Yard work and little outside projects. Just about there. I promise to post pictures soon....just need to finish up a few odds and ends. Well, not so much me...more like Thiago.


A handsome little four year old turns five this coming Monday. So amidst all the chaos, I have a little birthday party to throw. Please, please let Monday be nice weather. The poor kid has got his heart set on swimming, and we would really like that to be outdoor swimming. Not an insane request, considering it is June.


And most of all, in between all of that....I have my two little monkeys to take care of. Just the day to day business of being their mom is enough to keep me hopping.


So there you go...more whining from me. I am sure most of you are thinking "oh wahh, just suck it up". And I am for the most part, I am just feeling a little blah and not quite like myself. I feel like I am running circles and just trying to keep my head above water, ya know what I mean. And this weather isn't helping...I want SUNSHINE...to last more than 2 days. I am so sick of the rain and the wind and the clouds. YUCK! Anyways, that is enough out of me...I love blogging too much to simply just not post when things are boring. So if you made it through this lame post, way to go. It was therapeutic for me. Promise better stuff next time.

8 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

I have to say I wish I was a little bit more like you and clean the house more often. I put it off as long as I can, don't get me wrong my house is still pretty clean most the time, but not as clean as I would like. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Teri! It was so fun seeing you at the training last week. Your little family is adorable. You are such a busy girl, I hope things get better for you soon. We all have those days. Don't feel bad about expressing frustrations! Ü

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh Ter you are funny! Loved that posts...it is fun to see the tasks we all have to do, whether we want to or not! Good Luck on these next few weeks! I am thinking of you and girls camp! You are in there, because you have the greatest ideas,a nd will make it fun for the girls, even if you don't love it!

Bentleys said...

You northerners need some of our sunshine, so many people are going crazy! Our weather has been strange but at least it's mostly sunny. I am sure summer is around the corner.

Tammy said...

You are so good to keep us up to date on what you are up to. I love all of your post's. Even the one's where there is not much going on. I love to hear the ranting and raving!!! You make me smile.

Eric and Jenny said...

I know I will be glad when June is over so I can have my happy Teri back, let's get this girls camp over with already! (Not that I don't love girls camp, I just don't like a stressed Ter). Love you half way through you can do it!

Jill said...

I am glad it is you over camp that is a big job and no fun... I agree it has got to get warm and stop raining, I haven't even turned my sprinklers on yet so that has been nice.

The Mashy Family said...

You know how much I love seeing you are normal and can blog about downers. Everyone has them so we must admit to them. I am thinking that you need to come live with me for week while I work and I will force you out of your habit of having to have everything organized everyday.you would go crazy. We have one cleaning day a week and other days we have fifteen minute cleaning that whatever gets done gets done.It has so helped me get over my weird clean obsessive ways. Try it see if you can survive remember you have your whole life to have a clean house but only a short time with your sweet babies. Have fun at camp. Happy birthday Carson