Have I mentioned how much we like birthdays in this house.
Cause we do.
We like them alot.
Me and Thiago both like to squeeze every last drop out of our big days, we drag it out as long as possible. This year I decided to help my honey out, and drag it right on out with him. I decided to do a little, tiny gift a day, the whole week of his birthday. I would love to tell you what an incredible wife I am, and that every day I gave the most thoughtful and time consuming gift. However, I only made it Mon-Thurs. By Friday and Saturday I pooped out, and kinda skipped those days. Luckily, I have a very sweet husband, who just laughed at me and said it didn't matter cause he appreciated the other days. This was his gift on Monday...his favorite treats and a coke.
Tuesday was baking day. Thiago and the rest of the Cano's think I make the absolute best chocolate chip cookies. I really don't think they are anything special, but they all go on and on about them. So we whipped some up.
Lincoln was our taste-tester....looks like he approved.
Wednesday was his actual birthday. We got together with family that night for dinner and cake and icecream. Of all the places to pick, Thiago picked Tony's Pizza. What a funny guy, we really do love that place however I probably would have chose something else for my birthday.
I am always so appreciative of all the love and support our families give us. They made his day very special, and we are grateful you all were there.
Yep, I made his cake. I know shocking right, I baked twice in one week. Unheard of.
Some birthday loves...
Next day, Carson working on a little birthday banner. A big piece of yellow paper, with Carson written in the middle. In very light pencil I might add, it was a beautiful banner.
I took the kids to Dollar Tree and let them pick out a few presents for their dad.
Carson's original idea was a giant pencil, I told him his dad wasn't a five year old ....so pick again.
All Lincoln cared about was balls and "pider-man".
final choices...a rope, a flashlight, a soccer ball, some tire cleaner and the "pider-man" car (courtesy of Lincoln). Thiago could not stop laughing at his gift...only a dad would love a bag full of crap.
Nothing Friday or Saturday...sorry hon, I had good intentions. The end of the week wore me out, and all you get is an I love you!!!
Sunday, Thiago's mom had a BBQ for our families with all of Thiago's favorite foods. Here is Lincoln enjoying, he is turning into a great little eater as long as he is allowed to feed himself. Which always ends in a giant mess.
Carson baby-sitting little Gina...this doll used to be Rosemary's and she ventures out every now and then in the pile of toys. Carson was getting a kick out of looking at her, he is a well-rounded child....wouldn't you say.
That wraps up birthday week...hope you had a great one honey. Mine this coming year will be interesting, lets hope I don't spend it in the hospital. The baby and I are going to most likely share birthday weeks. Mine is the 28th and my due date is around the 23rd. Hmmmmm....interesting.
9 comments:
Man, I'm with you guys! I LOVE birthdays, and I love when they last longer than a day - I'm pretty famous for stretching it out as long as possible, so way to go Cano's!!! Those cookies look awesome if I do say so myself, and I love the chocolate "stache" Lincoln has :) Also, way to bake TWICE in one week, that's awesome!
Is that all you celebrate for is a week? You know me...I try to monopolize the whole month.
Love the pictures and glad Thiago had a good one. So cute how the boy's got right in on all the action. Birthdays are so much fun with the little ones around to liven things up a bit more.
LOVE birthdays!!! Looks like you made Thiago's the best week ever..
You are very creative, can I borrow you for a week? I promise I will let Thiago have you back. I just need someone to decorate my house and plan things out for me. LOL!! Glad he had a good Birthday!
Ter I keep meaning to tell you something funny about those candles, did you notice you were missing the 2. Probably not cause who notices such a thing, but Luke totally stole it from your house that night. In the car he was guarding something with his life and wouldn't let me see it, the little stink totally knew he stole it. I wondered why he was so willing to leave that night and not throwing his usual fit, no I know why he is a theif.
Happy Birthday again Theo, Ter you did good, you should have secured a nice solid birthday week for yourself come January or maybe not your week will now be Drake's week as well....
Sorry about the many typos....
You're so good. Jeff's birthday is tomorrow and here I am the day before trying to come up with something fun to do!
Glad it was a great birthday week! We all need to get together soon, are excuse could be Jeff and Thiago's birthdays! (Like we need an excuse to get together!)
Arent you cute...it really is the thought that counts...and as long as you made it to at least his birthday..I say way to go! Looks like a fun day! And your cake looks delicious...way to go on all the baking!
I wish I got to celebrate mine for a week, my husband can barely remember my birthday much less a card or even a freaking pencil with my name on it.
Oh well, his love language is washing the dishes for me. Housework.
My love language is BUY ME THINGS. Lots and lots of things.
Happy Birthday to Thiago - our very favorite Brazilian in the world. I hope the guys keep in touch. Jon loves his Thiago friend (even though he super sucks at expressing that stuff. He's wierd.)
Post a Comment