Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wish this guy....


a happy 28th birthday!!! Thiago's birthday is tomorrow....Sept 8. The most celebrated day of the year. Thiago has always been a big fan of his birthday, he loves, loves, loves to talk about. He loves making birthday lists, he refuses to do anything "unfun" on his big day....he pretty much is like a little kid and milks it for all its worth. It's cute though, he still gets that little sparkle in his eye and shows pure excitement. Thats why we love him.

Actually, in honor of 28...here are 28 facts about why I love my guy.

1. Love the way he smells when he kisses me goodbye each morning, especially the morning's that I am still asleep. His smell lingers.

2. Love that he can't go to bed without his cup of chocolate milk, never seen the guy drink straight milk....has to be chocolate.

3. Love that he purposely pronounces words wrong....just to be weird. Most times he is the only one laughing, but that never stops him.

4. Love the way he catches my eye when one of our boys has done something cute. Little moments of connection with the father of my children.

5. Love that he DVR's PTI each day, and watches it as soon as he gets home. It is his unwinding time.

6. He never bats an eye when I walk in the door loaded up with new purchases. He smiles, and compliments everything I bought.

7. Has no idea what goes on in our account, I do all the budgeting. However, I know that he trusts me completely and don't worry I don't let him down.

8. Never misses the chance to tell me how cute I look. Without fail, every morning as I finish getting ready he tells me how great I look. Even with a ponytail.

9. Gets just as excited as I do with every new ultrasound. Loves to study the pictures of his growing babe.

10. Loves his boys with his whole heart, the only way he knows how to.

11. Love the way he carries on obnoxious conversations with telemarketers...we just get the biggest kick out of it.

12. Love that he calls me throughout the day just to say hi and see how my day is going.

13. Love the way he loves to rock a baby to sleep...even when that "baby" is 21 months old and a complete wiggle worm.

14. Love the way he talks to our kids in the middle of the night when they have woken up for some reason. It is the warmest most beautiful voice ever. No doubt in my mind they know they are loved.

15. Love that he takes pride in our yard and our home. Nothing is a chore for him, he loves to help make it more beautiful.

16. Love the way he looks at me, I know I will forever be the queen of his world.

17. Love his confidence. There is not one person, or situation that intimidates him. He knows who he is and what he is capable of, and he lets nothing get to him.

18. Love the way he makes me walk on the inside of the street, his little way of making sure I stay safe.

19. He is a man's man...their is nothing fruity about this guy. He is tough, burly, all about sports and outdoors.

20. Love listening to him speak Portugese, and love that he teaches it to our kids.

21. Love that the minute he gets home, the first thing he does is scoop up our boys and love them. They live for the sound of that garage door.

22. Always enjoys a good gossip session with me...we love to tell stories about our days and all the crazy people we come in contact with.

23. Always compliments my house, especially on cleaning days. Nothing goes unnoticed by him, I know how appreciated I am.

24. Love how he carries my laundry basket upstairs for me, if he sees it laying there he just scoops it up so I don't have to.

25. Love his Elmo and Mickey Mouse voices..he won't admit that he does these, but trust me they are pretty dang good.

26. Love that he loves to laugh at himself...I give him a thousand "you have got to be kidding me" looks a day, but do you think that stops him. No, he laughs all the harder.

27. For such a big, tough guy...he really is a softie. Especially when it comes to our kids, he never even raises his voice at them.

28. I could go on and on....but one more....I love that he is a true family man. I know we are the most important thing in his life. He makes us all feel happy, loved, safe and secure.



Happy birthday babe....I hope you have an absolutely perfect day, and that you know just how much we love you!!!

8 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh man I just loved this....I don't think I can stop smiling now.

I can dido the Elmo and Mickey voice and feel so honored that I have heard that voice many a times.

Love that he carries on conversations with telemarketers, where have I been I so need to hear this, hillarious.

Happy Birthday Theo, you are one great guy and I love you to pieces mostly for always being there for my other half for the last 14 years. You are a special guy.

Maria said...

Thats my Boy, this is my Son , this is the boy that became a man
and Im so proud to be his mother.
FAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
FELIZ FELIZ ANIVERSARIO

Thank you Teri to make my boy the most happy man on this planet.

Love you

Mae

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Thiago! Cute post Teri, you two are the cutest!

p.s. You haven't missed all my post, I just back dated because I've been such a slacker!

Souli & Ashley said...

Those are all so true. He is one in a million. I love him so much too. He has been the brother I never had. I owe him alot in my life. You are a very lucky girl but you know that. I admire Thiago more they he will ever know. I hope he has a happy birthday. He deserves it. Love you big guy.

The Mashy Family said...

Happy Birthday big guy! Your husband really is the best. He is so much fun to around all the time. I know you don't always think he is funny but we do! He is truly one in a million.

Bentleys said...

Love it, you guys are so cute, makes me smile :)

Hope you spoil him he seems like he deserves it!

TW said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thiago...hope you have a good one. Love you!!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Thiago! I love all the cute things you had to say about him, you are lucky to have such a great husband and Dad...