Cars had his first day of his second year of preschool today. I think I have mentioned before on here, our decision to have him wait a year on Kindergarten. We have always known without a doubt, that it is the right thing to do for him. Quite honestly, my heart isn't ready to send him out there yet....so it works out for me too. We did send him to a different preschool this year then last year, I wanted him to experience change, new surroundings and a new curriculum. I had two preschools I was equally impressed with, so we went with the other this year. A little bit more costly, but its going to be worth it.
Started his day out with his choice of breakfast....homemade waffles...he loves em'. Then Thiago gave him a fathers blessing to get his school year off on the right start.
Got him all dressed in his new clothes and ready to go. He has been listening to all his church friends and Lance talk about their first days of school and he has been anxiously anticipating his own. We went to a little back to school night last week, to meet his teacher and see the classroom. He was sooo excited to go back. Their classroom is something else, I have never seen anything quite so cute. He couldn't wait.
The one time I don't really want Lincoln in the picture, and he decides he would like to participate. Little stinker, why can't he do that when I actually am trying.
Did of course want pictures with mom and dad....we love our boy.
He is morning preschool this year, so me and Lincoln headed back at 11:30 to pick him up.
Just a few little notes for me to remember....
-thinks he is pretty special and "big" that he goes to school. Kept saying things like "Lincoln, I get the first waffle cause I am the school boy"..."Lincoln don't walk in front of me, I am the school boy"....Lincoln was fussing in the car on the way there and Cars says "Stop that Lincoln, you are ruining my big day, this day isn't about you". Oh, made me laugh.
-gets back in the car and is full of jibber jabber, in the middle of it all he stops and says..."there is one thing I am mad about"...I say "whats that". He says "you know that kitchen they had there, that I wanted to play with, well I didn't get to". I say why not. He says cause when it was playtime, there were 3 little girls and 1 little boy that got it first...so I didn't get too.". I say " oh well, there is always next time". And his response is "well, yeah....but it makes me mad cause I know I was thinking about it first". What a goof.
After school I had to run into Ogden for a few things. Carson decided he wanted to eat at Chick-fil-a...so we stopped there. See here I am trying to get Lincoln to participate in the picture, and this is what I ended up with.
Had to throw this in there too. All week long I have been telling Carson about afterschool snacks. I have been trying to come up with something to make cause he is not your typical kid. Doesn't really like cookies, rice krispies....basically anything baked like that. However he does like pudding and whipped cream. Usually I just buy the little pudding packs though, I have never actually made it myself. So that is what I decided to do. I kept it secret, and by the time we got home he was dying to know what his "snack" was. I pull it out of the fridge, and he looks at it in totally bewilderment. "Whats that"...I made it I told him, it is pudding. His eyes light up and he looks at me again...and says "pudding, you made it, how did you know how to do that, mom I am so proud of you". Honestly, I swear my kid thinks I am some kind of retard in the kitchen. I cook all the time...I don't know why he chooses to give me no credit.
He loved it and told me it was his best snack ever.
And lastly this picture. When we got done with our pudding, Lincoln took a nap, I started a few household projects and Carson headed outside to play "Mcdonalds" in his little house. Pretty sure, Carson thinks he had the best day ever, but ya know what I think he is right. I love his simple, happy little life....I am so pleased with the well-rounded little boy I have...love him to pieces.
7 comments:
Oh Teri, he is so cute! I love his outfit! And I need to be better about writing down all the things my kids say.
He is such a darling boy. I love all of his comments that you write down like how he was thinking of playing with the kitchen first. i hope he has a year of preschool!
This is precious, so precious.
I loved this post, every little thought and memory you will adore this one day. Love that he was thinking of that kitchen first, love that he was so proud of you for making pudding, love that it's his day and Lincoln was ruining it, love his outfit.
Goodness I could go on and on basically I love you little buddy, glad you had a wonderful first day!
That Carson....he is making my day too! I love what they come up with, seriously I wonder how those little minds work sometimes! What a cute little school boy, I am glad he likes it, I think that is smart of you to switch preschools, just so he gets used to some changes! Way to go for being such an awesome mom!
I loved this post...that boy is one in a million and I love him to pieces. So glad he had a great first day...I can just see him wanting to play with that kitchen set in his little mind and just not getting too.
He is so darn cute, I can just hear him saying that about the kitchen... I love the comments to Lincoln too...
So cute! I'm glad he had such a fun first day of school.
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. We are doing well and going to head up to ID again this weekend.
I heard that you were busy on Saturday after I called. Sorry it was a busy day for you. I hope this one will be better so we can catch up. I have missed you.
Post a Comment