with pretty much everything.
I don't know what my deal is lately but I kinda just feel blah. Do you ever get like that. I don't know how that is possible, being as I am carrying a baby and all. Talk about a major life change about to take place, but none the less I have kinda just felt stuck in a rut.
Too much time spent tending to kids, too many doctor appointments and copays, too much cleaning, too much running here and there, too much end of summer yardwork, too much blah, blah, blah.
Yesterday was just what I needed. I decided to keep our schedule totally open, and see where the day took us. Here is a list of all that made me happy and feel a little more like me, rather than tired, fat, ornery me.
Dropped off Carson at school. Which leaves me 2 1/2 hours of alone time with this little face. What is it about one-on-one time with your children, that just makes them shine. It is like he just comes alive, his little eyes just sparkle with excitement. Its like he knows, that it is just me and him and he has my full attention. He was just soaking it up, being an absolute angel and got my morning off to a very fine start.
Ahh, now this picture makes me smile. I have recently discovered a great love for caffeine free coke and pepsi. I know this is old news but to me it is new. I don't drink caffeine while pregnant, and I have been missing it....bad. My mom and Jen kept trying to tell me that caffeine free was just as good, I was hesitant. They also tell me that about diet, and I hate diet. I don't know if my poor little self is just that deprived or what, but this stuff is tasting like heaven to me. A little taste of the stuff I love.
Headed up to Logan to spend the afternoon with Jen and the kids. These two were their usual weird selves..
Just one of the odd scenes we walked in on, these two have got quite the imagination...I will tell ya that.
However, you will not find two better friends. They truly seem to be each other's half, their minds work in the exact same way. I love to watch the relationship between them. Reminds me of me and my twinner.
Lincoln had a nice time discover Jen's toys...someone else's toys are always better than your own.
Katelynn getting some kisses from her cousins...what a good little sport she is. Especially to endure Lincoln, he likes her a little to much.
Went to lunch with Jen and my mom...check out these desserts....oh, they were so good.
Stopped at Brats to buy a few new things for my little. Drake seriously has a closet full of hand me downs, but come on since when does that stop me. I can't resist buying him a few things of his very own. Looking through that newborn stuff made my little heart just ache for him. Oh, I am starting to get awfully excited for his sweet little face.
Then stopped at little Gran's for a quick hello. The boys played, us girls chatted and Lincoln...
took a little siesta....
all cuddled up on his momma. The best kind. Both my babies think my ever growing tummy is a pretty comfy place to rest their little heads. I love it. Makes me laugh though cause I kept feeling Drake kick right against Lincoln. It is like the two of them were trying to stake their claim. Lincoln is thinking this is my mom and I will sleep here all I want to, and baby Drake is saying yeah, got right ahead but I'll kick you while you do. Haha.
Like I said, it was a perfectly pleasant day!
9 comments:
You look so cute - and I love your belly!! I also can't stand diet soda's either - they leave a wierd aftertaste that's gross in my mouth!!! I love the boots you bought Drake, they are darling! And... I totally understand the running here there and everywhere feeling, I'm glad you kept your day open and let the wind be your guide!
Glad your day ended pleasant...how could it not with those cute and crazy boys, those desserts and spending the day with your loved ones.
I love your new hair do...you look just darling.
You are seriously stunning!!!
Life can feel so chaotic at times and its truly good to have a day with no plans, I love those days. You look adorable and I too love when my kids fall asleep on me.
You said you didn't like that picture of you and Lincoln but I think you look gorgeous in it. Thanks for coming up and spending the day with me, I love when you guys are here, it makes my whole week. And just think we get to spend tommorow night together too! I told you I was correct on the caffeine free pepsi, though I will admit diet definitely has it's own taste but I have had it for so long, that is the taste I like now, weird I know.
Love days like those! Also I love your new do! Looks so good on you, you look beautiful like always!
So what doesn't get cured by sugar and coke? Nothing in my book.
Being pregnant is the weirdest thing in the world. Right now I am still dealing with hormone crap. I'm just glad it's you pregnant and not me. You're much better at it I'm sure. I turn into a psycho.
Ps - LION KING? I wanted to see that! Us being poor right now and all, has majorly limited our play time. You guys should come down and play! You're always welcome at our house!
Fun day I'm sad I missed it. Your hair does look really short in that picture. Cute post. I love days like that I need to embrace them more. I think we forget sometimes.
I can tell by the look of those desserts that you my friend went to JUNIPER TAKE OUT!!!! I love that place so much!! Alright you and Jenny have got to stop posting pictures of your food I am trying to diet here!!! I mean it!!!! (Just Kidding you know that right?) Have fun with those lazy fun days because they are truly the best!!! I cherish those days where you wake up and see what life brings ya. Soon you'll have baby Drake here and you will be too crazy to even think!!
Post a Comment