Sunday, November 21, 2010

A 2 year old...






named Lincoln. Just a few facts to remember my little mister at 2 years old.


1. Feisty, oh so feisty. I think he takes after his momma on this one. He is quick to lose that little temper of his. And if he is mad, trust me, you'll know it.

2. For someone who longs to be on the go as much as he does, he sure is a cuddle bug. He absolutely loves to be held close and snuggled. My most favorite is the way he always has to be touching my skin when I hold him. He will pull my sleeve up, until he finds my arm, just so he can hold onto it. So sweet.

3. A HORRIBLE eater. Horrible. It is no wonder the kid is skin and bones. A few things I can always count on is waffles, pancakes, chips, goldfish, yogurt, string cheese, and fruit. He does LOVE fruit.

4. Talks, talks, talks. I think he is a genius. He is already starting to put phrases and small sentences together. Carson was not at all this quick at talking.

5. Can count to 10 in Portugese. Actually counts better in Portugese than English. Isn't that funny.

6. Loves his naps. He is the easiest kid to get down. He gets so excited, just climbs right up on my lap with his favorite "ball" blankie and snuggles in. He is out within minutes.

7. Has broken more household items (furniture, toys, dishes, decorations) in his short 2 years of life than Carson has even come close to. He is a walking disaster.

8. Still remains completely untrustworthy. I can't turn my back on this kid for one second. Either he will cause himself harm or one of my possessions.

9. Loves to be outside. He can hear one of our doors opening from a mile away. Wherever he is at in the house, if he hears the door open he drops everything and runs toward it yelling "outside, outside". Pure devestation when he realizes he has to stay in.

10. Sleeps great through the night. Schedule is usually from about 9:00-6:30. He is an early riser, once he is up, he is up.

11. Is always getting knocked up or bruised. I have never seen a kid get hurt more than him. However, sit back and watch him for a second and you won't be surprised at all.

12. Loves any and all charachters...I truly think he thinks they are his honest to gosh friends. He treats them very, very well.

13. Keeps up with Carson pretty dang good. The age difference between them is becoming less noticeable. They are side kicks in all that they do.

14. Loves to kiss my belly and say "baby Dake".....I don't think he has any clue what that means, cause he also touches Carson's belly and says the exact same thing.

15. When he's done something naughty and he knows I am mad, he will come up and hug my leg and say "I Yuv you". Now tell me, how am I supposed to stay mad at that.

16. Loves books. This is another one that surprises me as much as he can't sit still. Give him a few books, and it always draws him in for at least a half hour.

17. Absolutely ridiculous in the bathtub. Splashes like a maniac, throws out all of his toys (filled with water), chucks the washcloth at me, kicks and screams when I take him out to get him dressed. It is a freaking joke.

18. Hates to be confined....carseat, stroller, highchair, shopping carts. His highchair is his designated timeout spot. Makes him so mad.

19. Loves his extended family. All of them. Ash, Brev, Ell-belle, Jenny, Lance, Vovo, Grandma, Papa, Tia. Gets so excited whenever we say we are going to see them.

20. Absolutely the smartest, most sweetest, most craziest, most lovable 2 year old out there. He keeps us on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Love you baby boy!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Lincoln Happy Happy Birthday sweet boy!!! Teri I love to read your blog you put everthing so nice with the perfect words I just love it.
Our family in Brazil enjoy to see the boys and all they do Im so glad for that thank you.Pictures are amazing and YES our boy its all this and a little more for sure he keep us busy and I love every minute that I spend with them.

Love
Vovo

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

I can totally relate with the naps! What a fun little guy - I would have never guessed that he would get his feistiness from you?! You are SUCH a sweetheart :) Happy birthday to Lincoln!

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute post, I am laughing at his calling Cars's belly baby Drake too, that is so cute! What will he be like when Drake is really hear butting into his daily routine of destruction, you are in for it!

Happy Birthday little buddy, I love you little guy!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I laughed at Yvonne's comment, you not feisty yeah right!!