My baby boy turned 2 yesterday. I can't believe it...I know all of us parents say that every single birthday our child has, but seriously. Where did the past 2 years go, all of his baby memories are still so fresh in my mind. A part of my heart feels sad that it has gone so fast. However, the bigger part is so excited for him and loves watching the little person he is becoming.
We wanted to do something fun during the day. Some place kid friendly, where he could roam free, and discover new things. So we took him to the Treehouse Museum. He loved it. I took pictures, but they weren't that impressive so I didn't include them in this post. I love that place, it was the first time Lincoln has ever been....and we will defintely be going back. He even missed his naptime, but was having so much fun, he didn't care.
After that, we headed home where Lincoln took a very LATE nap, risky for my little nightowl. However, I was willing to chance it. I would rather a happy birthday boy, than one that went to bed on time. So he napped, while me and Thiago and Cars ran around like crazy people trying to get his little party set up.
his balloons...
cupcakes....
his own little cake...obviously Mickey Mouse was the theme.
Some of the food...we had french dip, little smolkies, salad, and 7-layer dip. Thanks family for the help.
Best attempt at a family photo. Lincoln was only interested in his presents, well for that matter, so was Carson. They both did NOT want to stop and pose for my camera. This is the result.
Lots of fun was had. The food was great. All of his presents were a huge hit. Our families know our boy well. He got just about all of his favorites. He was hilarious with his cake...see for yourself!
Nope, he's not afraid to get a little dirty. I was cringing the whole time, watching that chocolate be flung all over my kitchen. Grin and bear it right, all for my boy.
Here is his stash. I for one, love every thing he got. Everything is small and compact and very organizing-friendly. Made for an easy put-away.
Today as I spent the day recovering from yesterday. Which I am sure all you mothers know, means getting your life and home back in order. I don't know if you guys are like me, but I get very distracted on birthday weeks. They have a way of just taking over. Felt good today to put things back into place and get back to normal. As normal as can be, considering its the holidays. Anyways, while I did that....these two did this. Spent all day in their jammies, playing with the new toys. Glad they like them.
So my little 2 year old, happy birthday. I can't even stand how much I love you. Your little personality just lightens my life, your smile warms our home, your little spirit is irreplaceable. I know I have said it before, but you were my dream come true...and you still are. No matter what, you will always be my baby. You hold a very special place in my heart, that no other can fill. Love you Bejaou...so very much!
10 comments:
What a fun day! Looks like he had such blast, and the Mickey theme is so cute! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday Lincoln! I can't believe 2 years have past! I loved all your decorations and his cute little cake!
Oh the smiles on his little face with his Mickey cake are just priceless!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet boy.
Looks like a great party! Love his Mickey cupcakes too. So cute.
I also love easy to pick up and organize with not too many little pieces toys too.
And like you said, yes birthdays take so much out of me! I seriously feel like I have been running around doing birthday things since late October because of our big party and Claire's birthday on Wednesday too. I can breathe now. No more birthdays until Jesus'! Ahhhh.
Wow 2 years old! Happy birthday Lincoln! Looks like a fun party.
He is 2!!! WHAT!!! Crazy! Gosh I have a love/hate relationship with birthdays, they are so much fun but so sad, I hate how they grow up too fast!
What a fun birthday! I can't believe Lincoln in 2 already. Didn't you just have him? =) Ryan just came over and saw your pictures and says,"Hey they are playing with my toys." I told him they were their toys. So then he says oh mom I want to go play at their house! They would have a fun time together.
I can't believe he is 2 already. He is so stinkin cute, I love that smile and I think I see more and more Thiago in him the older he gets. Happy Birthday Lincoln.
I LOVE that top picture! So cute! I really cannot even believe he is 2 already! Really is time going that quickly? I am one too for some good compact, easily organizable presents! They are the best! His cakes look delicious...strawberries and chocolate, I dont think you can go wrong! Happy Birthday little man!
Happy Birthday Lincoln!! You are pretty lucky your momma has not beat you by now!!! But here comes the terrible two's right? Oh Mr. Lincoln you are so adorable though. Robbi was screaming when she saw his Mickey cake. She loves Mickey!!
I LOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE the picture of Thaigo licking off Lincoln's hand - Lincoln's face is priceless - love it! What a fun party, darling cake and decor. He got lots of good stuff!
Post a Comment