You are a special month, yes you are. One of my favorites, the calm before the storm (if you will). A month devoted to thankfulness, and gratitude and by golly....EATING!! I will devote a whole post at the end of the month to you.....glimpses of what I am most thankful for. However, here is a little piece, just to tie you over.
I tend to be somewhat of a Debbie downer, I try my best to be a forever optimist...but I am pretty good at letting those unpleasant little thoughts just sink their way in. I continously worry about the unknown, about things that are out of my control. I take little nothings that most people wouldn't blink twice at and turn them into great big somethings. Especially on rainy, dreary days like today. I found myself in somewhat of a grumpy mood. Nothing major, just certain little life worries that start to wear on you after awhile.
On the way home from picking up Carson from school today, my baby Bejao fell asleep. I was going to head straight to the grocery store, but decided to let him sleep for another half hour or so. So we headed home. I got Carson in the house, and decided to throw in some laundry, start the dishwasher, check my planner...that kind of thing. I left Lincoln sleeping in the car, so as not to disturb him. He was all bundled and plenty warm, and it was only going to be for about 20 minutes. I checked on him every few minutes and he was just sound asleep. Finally, right before I was going to wake him up.....I walked out to the car to see him awake and screaming his little head off. He had woken up and realized he was all alone in the dark car and was scared to death.
I scooped my little monkey out of his carseat just as fast as I could and headed into the house. His tiny little body just clung to me, still shaking from his sobs. We stood by one of my kitchen windows and stared out at this beautiful sight...
And as I stood there...my mind started to wander. My little boy lay with his head against my shoulder, his little hand rubbing my arm the way he always does when he is looking for comfort, his sobs quieted until they were just left with tiny little hiccups. He just layed there and let me comfort him. I thought to myself, how grateful I was for this moment. When everything else in the world is quieted and it is just me and my boy. My arms fit his little mold of a body just perfectly, they have his little form memorized. I love to feel needed like that, knowing there is not one other person in this world that can comfort him the way I can. I am his mama, and he is my baby. Moments like that put things into perspective for me.
So little face #1, I am grateful for you. For your spunk, your fire, and your zest for life. For those peaceful quiet little moments when you turn into my little one, and nothing exists except for a mother and her baby.
And little face #2....I am grateful for you. For your kindness, your gentle nature and free spirited little ways. I am grateful for the way you walked over to your little brother after he got done crying. You told me to lean him down towards you so you could give him a kiss. You kissed him, and said "hello, my boy...did you sleep good. I'm sorry you were scared". Then you gave me that little smile, the one you always do when you know you have said something that will make me proud.
And my little bump of a belly....hiding that precious little babe...I am grateful for you. I get a little grouchy here and there as I struggle to get my pants done up, the way I get heartburn and reflux every single night, and how dropping something on the ground is turning into a big deal cause it means I have to bend over. However, as I lay there every single night and feel you twist and turn inside of me, and I am reminded of the little life that is on its way to our family. I feel eternally grateful.
Love you my three little thankful's ....sure am grateful to be your mama!
8 comments:
What a sweet and touching post! Beautifully written too. I love those moments and when they happen I try to tell myself to sink this into my brain so that I can remember it forever.
So very much to be thankful for.
Happy November to you!
That is so sweet and I too love those moments where you just get to hold and cuddle your little ones. Thanks reminding me to hold onto those moments a little longer.
What a great post! It really is such a blessing to be the one to make everything all better! What wonderful boys you have, sweet, adorable....it really does make a down day alot better!
How sweet, I'm so glad that you're so grateful for your sweet family. It's true! You do have a great guy, and 3 little bubbas that chose you, a wonderful mom, for theirs!
Such a wonderful post....
I can just see Carson's little proud smile, I know just the one you speak of, he is a sweetheart that boy. This made me feel so fall like warm and cozy reading this post loved it. Love that cute baby belly, man you are darling. And one more thing isn't the Christmas music delightful, I am loving it as I know you are!
I am totally thankful for your post of what we truly are thankful for. Somehow looking at your little baby belly made feel like I missed that. Weird huh? I too agree with Jenny I love 106.5 cozy Christmas music. It makes me car rides very delightful and fun.
Tears!!! You are darling Teri and a wonderful Mom. Don't you wish you could pause time sometimes, I know I do.
Looking at those two cute faces just melts my heart!!! I loved reading your feelings of motherhood...you are the best and I love you.
Post a Comment