Friday, November 26, 2010

ThAnKsGiViNg!!


We enjoyed a lovely, quiet little day of thanks!! A few shots before we headed to Grandmas....Carson, Lincoln, and a box of toothpaste. Lincoln was unwilling to part with it, it had Thomas the train on it and it became his new best friend.


My 3 lil' turkeys...


And me and one little baby turkey...cooking away in his little oven. Haha. Drakey, can't believe we are already 31 weeks my boy...you will be here with your mama before I know it.

We spent the day with my mom and Dean, in these beautiful surroundings...







My mom sure knows how to set the festive mood, doesn't she. I love her home.



We were a small group this year. It was my moms year but for some reason Jenny and Ashley both went with their inlaws. Ask me if I was annoyed....yeah, at first I was. However, it turned out to be such a pleasant, quiet, happy day.


The minute we got there, Carson ran around admiring my moms decorations. He truly appreciates the finer things in life. He spent most of his afternoon, standing in front of her tree, playing with all of her ornaments. My mom being the sweet Grandma that she is, went ahead and let him.


Even though there was only 6 of us, my mom still went all out.


The boys watching Papa Deano carve the bird.


Carson helped set the table...


while Lincoln chomped away on a candycane.


Our Thanksgiving spread...


Lincoln got his own spot at the big table (with the china, might I add). I was a nervous wreck the whole time trying to keep him from not flinging his food around and breaking my moms nice dishes. Next time, he goes back to the bar with plastic utensils and plates.


Ahh, the pies...my favorite part. My mom makes the most delicious homemade pies, they are probably my most favorite of all desserts. I tried pretty much every flavor she made. In fact, I have a leftover piece of banana cream upstairs in my fridge that is calling my name right now.....yum!



After dinner, Lincoln took a much needed nap


Thiago watched football


While Carson took turns snuggling up to me...


and then my mom while we watched "Christmas Vacation".

My sisters both got there later that night, better late than never you naughty girls...but by that time we had to head out so we could stop and say hi to my inlaws.

It was a perfectly delightful Thanksgiving day!!!

7 comments:

Genn said...

Sounds like a lovely day Teri. Your Thanksgiving sounds a lot like mine too. My sister went to her boyfriends families gathering and I was bummed out, but my brother came and it wound up being very nice.

We didn't have olives this year! I saw your picture with the olives, and it took me back in time... my cousins and I used to pick them off the plate my Grandma would have and stick them all on our fingers. :)

Your Mom's house looks beautiful and so cozy and festive. My Mom wore almost the same thing as she did too... jeans, and orange colored top, and her apron. Too funny.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Ashley and Devan said...

Your Mom's house looks so beautiful and all ready for Christmas. I love that your boys matched, so cute. You look great for being 31 weeks preganant! Little Dreake really will be here before you know it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Clemments Family said...

I love your Moms house. And you look so cute, I am super jealous! Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!

Eric and Jenny said...

Hey lets just be happy you have me for Christmas dinner now, I think that is a definant bonus. Mom's house looks gorgeous in these pictures, of course it does in real life too, but you took some lovely shots.

Hope you guys had fun on your big shopping spree and got lots done, love you see you soon!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

My favorite line: "ask me if I was annoyed". That's awesome!!! Your kiddos are so darling, and so is the little turkey in the oven I'm sure - can't wait to see hims :) Looks like a good day. It's funny that small for you was 6 - my thanksgiving was half the size of yours :) Then again, you are used to a lot more people than I am anyway!

P.s. I love your mom's decorations, she does an awesome job!

TW said...

Looks like the Cano's had a great Thanksgiving Day. The boys look so festive and you are looking darling. Nobody cooks like your Mom...it all looks delicious as well as the festive house.

Nick and Stacey said...

Your mom really does know how to make everything fantastic! Your Thanksgiving looks just delightful...and yummy!